Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
I've been watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Netflix and find myself gripped. It's in that space that BoJack Horseman got into, but the levity comes from songs in every episode rather than the animal humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
I finished season one of Fargo. The villain veered a bit too close to No Country for Old Men to feel fresh, but overall I liked it as much as the Coen's movies.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
We finished The Good Place today. It was a little too twee sometimes, but it's was still a great watch. It served well as the kind of very cheerful entertainment I've been needing psychologically.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Finished season 3 of Better Call Saul. It's been a bit therapeutic to see Jimmy break free of his relationship with his brother, because I've had the misfortune of knowing someone who behaved towards me a lot like Chuck.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
I’ve seen most of Ken Burns’ The Civil War. My primary criticism is that it would be more immersive to have more present-day color footage of the battlefields, to give a better idea of what they might have been like.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
I liked The Chair on Netflix with Sandra Oh. She's great, the Korean-American culture stuff is great, didn't really enjoy the campus politics plots. Shame it's only six episodes.

Have also been playing Gilmore Girls in the background while I do other things to make the house more lively, watching about half the time. It's fairly pleasant, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020

Wafflecopper posted:

might have to check it out then, i fuckin loved bojack for its realistic depiction of depression and other mental health issues

Watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, a critical plot point is the protagonist finally receiving a proper diagnosis.

I finished playing Season 6 of Gilmore Girls. I don't suppose there are any other shows that mention literature anywhere near as often. I did notice a number of times that Josef Stalin is always the go-to metaphorical example of a bad person, never anyone else.