Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I have been watching the Korean Drama Pororo. I often watch the same episode again and again and again. It also has a spin-off on Amazon Prime. That's important because it deals with the best character: Loopy. When you first meet Loopy, she is just straight naked because she is a primitive who is unable to understand shame. Given the Christo-Korean nature of the show this helps position her as an edenic character. Later, she adopts traditional Korean clothing.

Her cooking show is weird. Like, nobody loves Pajaeon more than me but when she suggests it is a more exciting substitute for pizza to children?

Anyway, she's my waifu now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I feel like anybody who watched The Shield and didn't already loving hate cops probably missed a bunch. ACAB man, they were all rotten. You were never supposed to root for the cops and if you ever rooted for the cops you should probably spend some time thinking about why you would do such a hosed up thing and try to use that realization to fix whatever the hell is wrong with you.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I'm enjoying Bly House because it is 5-7 minutes of content stretched out. That means I can half-watch it while emailing customers and not miss anything crucial. It's not good but it's something.

I've been watching a lot of Daniel Tiger lately and it's a surprisingly depressing world. Lady Elaine Fairchilde probably has the happiest story where she's in recovery and got a hot husband. X and Henrietta broke up at some point and X adopted (?) his nephew who has obviously experienced some pretty deep trauma. Henrietta is a single mom (maybe that's why she and X didn't work out, did she cheat on X?). That and Daniel Striped Tiger is stuck in the clock factory where he grew up alone. Though he does seem to have a nice family, so he's basically the kid who didn't like his hometown but stayed and made it work. Pathetic rather than sad but still not a great message for kids.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

clown shoes posted:

I've tried to watch 12 Monkeys twice now. Have only made it two episodes. When does it get good and not bad?

The first season is basically, "What if the movie, but on a TV budget?" It has its charms but it is what it is. When they got unexpectedly renewed for a second season there was definitely a moment in the writer's room where the exec gave all the writers a combination of LSD and dantura and told them to go wild. If they need to get the creative juices flowing some more, they can sit in the cockroach bath in the bathroom for extra inspiration.

The show is much better than it has any right to be.

Incelshok Na fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 25, 2020

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Keyser_Soze posted:

The witness/red forest stuff was dumb and exhausting. Gimme more "Quantum Leap" type adventures with James Cole's haircut not fitting into any century.

Look at this wrong person being wrong.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
I'm not in love with Secret City. It's not good enough to justify my full attention but there are enough twists-and-turns that I can't watch it in the background while I send work emails unless I have to annoyingly rewind. Does it get better, in either direction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
You didn't answer the question: is it worth paying attention to? What I've seen hasn't grabbed me.