Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

I don't have cable and I'm not going to pay $100+ per month to watch one show when I can stream it for less than $8. Incidentally gently caress you in the eye. :)

You can stream it on amazon for $25. Pirate the first few episodes if you want to try before you buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
2nd season is on right now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Norse Code posted:

Watching Poldark and swooning over the two leads.

My entire collection of batty, elderly, right-wing relatives on Facebook are apparently obsessed with this show.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

Future Man, now finished has been my fav comedy of the year so far.

Amazing use of swearing.

Seriously. If you have not watched Future Man and you are not literally watching it right now then you are Doing It Wrong.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

Finally finished Arrested Development's run on FOX and tried watching the first episode of the Netflix run but stopped partway through. Is it worth sticking around for?

It's basically all or nothing. A lot of the jokes don't pay off until you have watched the entire thing through.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah its p. good.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

They aren't real spoilers.

Lies

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

What network is the Terror on and is it on Hulu or Amazon Prime for streaming if people miss it live?

It is on Amazon.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah uh, it was like watching Black Panthers / Hippies / Satanic Panic / MAGA play out in real time and frankly, gently caress them, except for the guy who ended up on the city council (bald, green shirt/overalls, I can't remember his name). He legit seemed to be open-minded.

Replying from a month ago, but I totally got the impression that he regrets to this day that he didn't join up and nail as many hippie cultist chicks as possible.

withak fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 29, 2018

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
With Downton Abbey after the first season the trick is to stop watching whenever you lose interest because it won't get any better.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:love: Bonnie McMurray

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

phosdex posted:

I finished the first season of Letterkenny. It has a strange charm to it and trying to decipher some of the lingo is entertaining.

It's a celebration of the english language.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Imagine being a soundtrack composer or costume designer or whatever and doing the best work of your life on an episode of a TV show that becomes universally reviled because one of the stars turned out to be an awful sex fiend.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Goddamn whoever picks the soundtrack for Letterkenny deserves a medal.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Whalley posted:

That's a Texas sized ten four there, super chief. Soundtrack's the best TV ever did.

Found it: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6rgijopGbsMwhrNz3Y4okl

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There are occasionally subtle references to earlier episodes, but they don't have anything to do with the story. Watch in whatever order you want.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

I just watched it all in one sitting, it's fantastic.

Seriously guys this can’t be emphasized enough.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Letterkenney pwns, even if I feel like I miss a good number of the jokes due to not being Canadian.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Raspberry Bang posted:

It’s such a quality show. This season has been phenomenal, especially S2E02. That one really hit home about starting your 30’s.

Seconding this about s2e2. I started clapping halfway through and didn’t stop.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inspector 34 posted:

Yeah, Warrior is pretty drat good so far. I thought one or two episodes were a little slow so far, but they weren't bad or anything, just less fun than the others.

Holy poo poo, a period/western martial arts show hits literally all of my buttons.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
NoHo Hank deserves a prequel/sequel spinoff.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Watch The Orville instead.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you watch S3 then you are part of the problem.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is an "all songs on Letterkenny" playlist on spotify, whoever picked the music for that show deserves a medal.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mercury Ballistic posted:

I've only seen the first half of s6 of alone. What would happen if a contestant said gently caress it and started hiking out?

They don't have to hike out, they just have to hit a button on their GPS beacon/sat phone and S&R will be en route to pick them up and take them home.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's almost like creative endeavors don't emerge from the author's head as perfect beings, but instead go through some kind of process of improvement based on feedback.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Banshee is also good if you like to look at good-looking people who take their clothes off sometimes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

My GF didn't recognize any of the "important star wars characters" except for Skywalker. They did honestly feel very shoehorned in as fanservice

Who the hell is Ashoka supposed to be anyway?

You have to watch a dozen seasons of Saturday morning cartoons if you want to find out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah Jerry basically wins.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
God drat it I don't have time to rewatch Justified. :mad:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Do people watching For All Mankind think the writers know that the Americans are the bad guys?

I think so.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Just finished binging Mad Men after recently binging The Expanse, and goddamn does Jared Harris have some serious range as an actor.

Do The Terror next.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Schitt’s Creek

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Don’t take pronunciation tips from people who can barely speak.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you think the time loop is crazy then waitll you get to the cannibalism season.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m pretty sure a significant fraction of the Yellowstone audience watches to cheer for the evil land baron who owns everything and can boss around everyone.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Shooda stayed another month to watch White Lotus.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm starting to think that there might not be a happy ending coming in White Lotus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There were definitely threads about Silicon Valley.