Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I just got the first season of 24. I remember watching the first episode when it first came out, but didn't watch anymore after that because I didn't have TV at the time. I finally got around to getting it and I watched the first 4 episodes, instead of going to bed like I should have. So far so good...

I almost got the L Word, I watched it few years ago, and I haven't seen more than an episode or two of the most recent season, so it'd be nice to catch up. Plus, lesbians. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

V-Men posted:

Haha, everyone's favorite gorgeous bisexual terrorist from 24, Mandy, is on The L Word.

Also, be prepared because 24 goes downhill after the second season and it takes a gently caress long time to climb it's way back out.

yeah, I love the L Word. I should re-watch that...

I've had a feeling that would happen with 24 and figure as much from some things I've read here and there. I'm near the end of season 2 and the whole time I'm watching I'm thinking "what the hell are they going to do after this [season]?" I guess I'll find out cause I'll plow throw the series regardless... If i can make it through Smallville and Grays Anatomy then I'm sure I could make it through this.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Well. I made it up to the 2nd or 3rd disk of 24 Season 5 then lost interest. Now I'm about 2/3rds of the way through season 1 of Heroes. It's pretty neat.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I started watching House again. I stopped at the start of season 3 a couple months ago and last night I needed a break from Skate 2 so I started it again.

Next up is Entourage.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I finished Buffy about a week or two ago and now I'm 2 episodes from the end of Angel season 1. It's been good so far...

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I'm on the last season of Angel. I was really hung over watching the end of season 4, and I actually ended up missing the finale of it cause I was asleep and then I accidentally skipped the last episode. Whoops. I'll re-watch it tonight even though I'm a few episodes into season 5 already.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I finished Heroes this past weekend and then started Six Feet Under - talk about a huge change of pace. Oh well. Six Feet Under is pretty good so far, I'm about half-way through the first season.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Can't bring myself to start watching Six feet under right now, I don't think I could handle a massive onslaught of :emo: right now. On a scale from 1 to 10, how depressing is the show? I am guessing 12.

So far, I haven't really found it very depressing at all. I was kind of hoping it would be cause I've been in a "wallowing in misery mood" for a week or so. But, strangely, I'm not sad when I watch the show. There was a couple parts that are kind of sad, but there not really a focus of the show or main plot, just part that moves the story along or starts each episode. So, it doesn't tug at the heart strings like you'd think. Then again, maybe it does and I'm just early in the series so it hasn't found its stride yet.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Things start to get really hosed up in season 2

Sweet! Looks like I've got some serious binging to do! Too bad I'll be spending most of my time packing so I can move to a new place this weekend... drat.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I'm midway through season 4 of Six Feet Under now. I'm really falling in love with the show. I don't know... I just really like it. It's not all cliff hangery, or plot twist after plot twisty. It's just characters and I really enjoy that. Or Maybe I just have a crush on Claire. :o

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I just started The Wire and I'm about 4 episodes deep. gently caress yeah.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I finally got around to getting Babylon 5. I'm going to start it when I get home from work today. My favorite time to start binging a show is when I'm too hungover to do anything else.

Good times.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

JustV posted:

If you're going to kick off Babylon 5 with a binge, I hope you have eye sockets of steel. It's an amazing show, but the first few episodes are just horrible. And it doesn't help that almost every character acts like a massive dick throughout most of the first season.

That's what I've been hearing but if I can make it through Buffy season 1 then I think I can make it through anything.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

For the two or three of you currently watching Six Feet Under keep on trucking! I finished it about a month ago and it is beautiful. Things change, things stay the same, things get worse and they get better. Season 3 lulled a bit for me, but it kicked back up again.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I'm about 3/4's of the way through the first season of Veronica Mars. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I just picked up seasons 2 and 3 so I can binge, binge, binge till Forza 3 comes out.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I finally got around to watching The Sopranos. I'm about half-way through season 1 and I'm really starting to dig it. Also, started rewatching The L Word with the girlfriend because she's never seen it and I only watched half of the series and I forgot everything. Plus, lesbians, oh yeah! I got the girlfriend hooked on Veronica Mars and when she catches up to season 2 I'll start watching that with her cause that's where I left off.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Chexxum posted:

C) prefer network TV cop shows with over the top action and explosions every 10 minutes (ie, The Shield).

This is pretty much true. I tried to get my girlfriend to watch The Wire with me and it was just to 'slow' for her. The Shield, on the other hand, she loves. I think she liked what she saw of The Wire, but it was just too slow paced to keep her interested. :(

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Watched Friday Night Lights over the past week or two. I'm almost done with season four now. Not sure what I'm going to start next. Would like to re-watch Angel or The Wire.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I've been slowly making my way through Stargate SG-1. I'm about 10 episodes into season 2. It's been pretty entertaining so far. It's not has hokey as I thought it was going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

DFu4ever posted:

I just started the second and final season of Stargate: Universe, and I am surprised at how good the show actually is. It sucks that it just couldn't draw the ratings, because it has some really interesting characters and stories. I know people were turned off by its switch to a more Battlestar Galactica tone and look, but it works considering the situation.

And the Stargate feel is still there, its just not apparent early on.

Same for me too. I'm a little over half-way through season 1 and I'm digging it far more than I thought I would.