Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Laterite posted:

I would watch 1,000 episodes of GLOW.

The theme is kind of out there and my first thought was "80s women's wrestling, whatever" but holy poo poo did they nail it and make an amazing show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Yeah whoever wrote those jokes made a Faustian bargain. They're telegraphed and routine, but somehow still are pulled off every time.

Just started Disenchanted, the new Matt Groening show on Netflix. First episode was just ok, but it's been really growing on me. Very clearly Groening's style and highly reminiscent of Futurama with the character design, voice actors, and background gags.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm going to watch Justified next. But there are some movies I have had on my shelf for a while that I want to watch first.

Justified is one of my favorite shows, and might have the most satisfying ending of any series I've seen.

Also, it got me into bourbon.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Bates posted:

Norsemen on Netflix is like the Office UK but Vikings with Norwegian accents.

It has some Monty Python vibes too, though it is far drier humor. It's a great show.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I just started and am enjoying season 3 of the Last Kingdom, but I fully expect Waylon Jennings to start narrating Uhtred's antics any moment now.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Lycus posted:

Last Kingdom: Oh no, the man that rescued our loving daughter dug up a grave, that is unforgivable!

It's always a pretense to force Uhtred into extending service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

JCVJ is a fun show. Shame it didn't get a second season.