Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just got the DVD's for Daybreak, and I'm happy to finally see the ending. I could never get the ABC player to work right, so I just picked it up.

It was satisfying, but I would have liked to have seen where they would have gone in the future seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just started Mad Men last night, it's on Comcast OnDemand if anyone else is interested. It is really good.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mrens posted:

Life on Hulu. It's a cute series, I really dig the protagonist, I'm about halfway through. Was the show canceled?

As far as I know it was picked up, but I don't know when it's coming back.

The music in that show was fantastic, and I'll watch Damien Lewis in anything.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Patrovsky posted:

I've been watching Andy Richter Controls the Universe

God Paget Brewster is awesome.

Where did you find this?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Spooks is blowing my mind. They keep replacing the main characters! First Tom goes, now Zoe, and I had to read up on Danny and find out he gets killed. I've never seen a show to ditch all the main characters like this from season to season. It also surprised me that they got rid of them mid-season instead of in the season finale's. I do like Adam as a replacement for Tom though. He's like Tom, but without the love drama crap.

Someone in a Spooks thread once posted about how the show was getting less realistic, and I agreed with them completely. In the first season (episode even?) there was a terrorist threat to shoot rockets at a nuclear plant. They called in snipers and the terrorists were taken out. Later in the series, you have the MI5 agents raiding buildings themselves, shooting people etc... rather than gathering intel like they did in the first couple of seasons.

It is still a really good show, and hasn't gotten to CSI like levels of unbelievability yet, but I liked the first seasons a lot more than the latter ones.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

destructor muffin posted:

Batman Beyond and X-Men: The Animated Series. Makes me feel like I'm 12 again!

Batman Beyond was incredible.

Amazon just sent me an e-mail. Andy Richter Controls the Universe is finally coming out on DVD next month. I can finally watch that show.

If I can just get Touching Evil on DVD and a soundtrack, my life just might be complete.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just finished Jekyll last night. It's on Netflix instant watch if anyone wants to give it a go. I really liked it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

LorneReams posted:

I just blew through all of Psych..is that show still going? What an incredibly well written show.

It's coming back next month.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

Are you aware of Steven Moffat's work? I.e. the writer/producer of Jekyll. If not, you've got a wonderful journey of discovery ahead of you.

Any Recomendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

JustV posted:

There's only six episodes of the show, so there's also only six episodes on the disks (despite a what could be considered a cliffhanger on the last episode). And considering in the last episode Mr. Hyde dies saving 'his' family and every mystery is quite cleared up, it's probably going to remain a typo.

Episodes 7 and 8 are just the featurettes on the last disk I believe.