Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I've watched season 3-5 of Numb3rs on Netflix and have now gone back and actually bought the first two seasons to watch. Where the hell did this show come from? I'm actually hooked and can't wait for season 6.

EDIT: Also, just marathoned The Pretender a month ago, I swear I never heard of these shows, but I'm really enjoying finding some random show I never heard of.

LorneReams fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Dassiell posted:

Anyone ever seen numb3rs? Is that any good?

Seasons three through five are on instant netflix, and the first two could be had cheap. I love the show.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Just starting the 3rd season of Star Trek TNG. What should I watch after I'm done TNG, Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise?

DS9, everything else is boring. I found DS9 to be fun to watch as you Watch TNG, like it was intended.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Holy poo poo, I just burned through the first season of Avatar. This should NOT be rated Y7. I hope it keeps going at this pace because the season finally was a doozy.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

-Blackadder- posted:

Hmmm I guess I need to give this show another try. I watched the first episode but it just seemed like your run-of-the-mill kids cartoon. How many episodes does it take to get sucked into this show? And would you say it's more of a light episodic comedy or a serial drama?

To Contribute I've been binging through the live-action tv version of Liar Game lately.

It's pretty violent, and there is an undercurrent of malice that seems to be alien in a children's show. The light-hearted peices kind of feel wrong sometimes. I'm only about half way through the second season though, but it's more mature then I think a kid (Y7?) could totally grasp.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Just finished The IT crowd (all three seasons) and am now half way through Chef! Really funny shows. Really disappointed that Chef! is only three seasons.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just blew through all of Psych..is that show still going? What an incredibly well written show.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm now going through Buck Rogers, and I love it!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Mister Prostitute posted:

My friend made me watch a few episodes of Samurai Jack and got me hooked. It's such a neat cartoon.

RIP Mako

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SintaxError posted:

Not really getting into Deadwood at the moment. Maybe I'll give The Sopranos another shot.

I watched all of DEadwood and it was like a 3 season long series of blueballs. I was just waiting for Bulock to just start shooting people and it never happened.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm binging Farscape right now, and I'm unsure if I like it. The stories are neat, but the characters seem inconsistant.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ratatozsk posted:

After watching the full run of Oz, you'll be pointing out actors in other shows forever. Everybody and their grandfather (and sister Mary Pete) has been on Oz.

I'm marathoning through "Murder She Wrote" because I'm a whore for murder mysteries and I swear to god, every notable actor from the 70s to now was at one point in this series.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Kaleidoscope posted:

I just noticed that "Leverage" is now a show that gets stickied in TVIV. Is that show worth binging the first two seasons? The only TNT show I watch is Southland (which is fantastic btw.)

Reading the synopsis for Leverage it seems similar to the type of shows USA has (Burn Notice & the like). I wouldn't say I really 'like' those shows but they can certainly be entertaining when you're bored.

Leverage is really one of my favorite shows on right now. I consider it this generations A-team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

qbert posted:

I forgot where season 3 ended but once they leave that hometown the show really does kind of go to poo poo. Nancy becomes pretty much the most hate-able character on television.

I watched about 2.5 seasons and then made the mistake of going to wikipedia because I wanted to learn more about the show and saw episode summaries for season 3,4 and 5. That caused me to instantly lose interest and delete the show off of netflix. If the summaries are even somewhat accurate the show becomes really loving stupid.