Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

I started Barry the other day and am now halfway through the second season. Itís been a while singe Iíve binged anything like this. I had been looking for a good comedy for a while and was enjoying Baskets, but something about Barry has really sucked me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Meatgrinder posted:

Let us know when you've seen episode 5 of season 2. Would love to hear your first impression of it.

It was quite a ride. I donít know how I felt about the daughter angle. I felt really bad for Barry because he might have to kill a kid, but then they got really weird with it. Was still fun. The fight at the end was something else.

I already watched Wayne. Liking Barry much more, however.

Edit: finished everything. Very good show. Canít wait for season 3.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 13, 2019

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

I just finished up Fargo season 1. That was some good stuff. Trying to decide now if I want to go straight into the second season, or watch something else.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Memnaelar posted:

I figure that, but wondering if it's streaming anywhere else, locally or internationally. Have VPN, will travel.

Season five is out here on Netflix in South Korea.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Just finished up Fargo season 2. Was good but I think I liked season one better. Billy Bob Thornton was just so good.

Next up I think Iíll return to Better Call Saul since the entire season is out on Netflix now.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

mllaneza posted:

In the US I only see 4 seasons of BCS on Netflix.

Season 5 episodes come out a couple weeks after the US air date here in Korea. Other parts of Asia as well I think.

Edit: crap! Itís only up to episode 9! The final episode wonít come out until May 12th!!! Here I was thinking Iíd be clever and watch it all in one go, and Iím foiled by my own lack of attention to detail.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 5, 2020

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Ted Lasso. Watch it. Super cliche kind of set up but the character of Ted Lasso will win you over by the end of episode 2. The guy has heart. I really thought it was going to be dumb and goofy and instead it's quick, clever and charming.

Take it from me, some person on the internet!

I saw a bunch of posts like this on another site and gave it a try, and this is exactly the truth. The whole premise of the show is that he's impossible to hate, and the same goes for the show. It's so endearing and needed these days.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

I finished Ted Lasso, and it was definitely one of the best things I've seen this year. Does anyone who has watched it have any recommendations for other similar shows? The feel-good is just so wonderful.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Took a year to get through the first 3 seasons of The Good Place and then everything finally clicked and I blasted through the final season. Great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

I'm 3 days sober from stressful TV / Movies. I'm 46, pretty much my entire life I've watched violent, suspenseful stuff. Not over the top gore stuff, but stuff like the sopranos, 24, breaking bad, Gomorrah, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Marvel movies etc etc. In recent years with streaming I watch something like that pretty much every single night. Even stuff like Halt and Catch Fire is pretty stressful, even though there isn't much violence.

But I've been on a path of self healing for 3 years now, from depression and anxiety, and I'm realizing that these types of shows and movies don't help. They add stress to my life and make my sleep worse. Even animated stuff like Pixar movies are nothing but stressful situations for almost the whole movie. So I'm taking a break for a while and we'll see if I enjoy them when I go back.

I know at our core, we are just Fear and Love and most of us have a huge imbalance towards Fear and that makes us choose things that feed into that Fear. Much like the no fap challenge, if anyone want to join me feel free and report the results.

Currently watching Shitt's Creek and the Life in Color Netflix nature show.

Gonna go ahead and third Ted Lasso for you.