Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Going through Mad Men again. I've already seen the first two seasons a few years ago, so I'm rewatching them before I start on 3+.

I'd be interested in hearing more about what was originally planned.

I haven't started this season yet because I don't really feel like I want to. I watched seasons 1-4 during the time they've been off the air, and I feel that the quality of each consecutive season to be worse. I love the characters, and the era, but the writing is just loving mystifying. It never goes anywhere. Also, January Jones is pretty much the worst actress on TV.

I'll probably start catching up in the next couple weeks, but... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Trebek posted:

I watched the first season of Continuum in like 2 days. It was pretty solid for a sci-fi serial. Only 10 eps in the first season.

I've been meaning to watch it, but is it available legitimately in the US?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I thought The Americans was great acting and terrible TV bullshit writing. Some of the best child performances I think I've ever seen, and Gregory is an amazing character.

When I say terrible writing, it's not that it's predictable moment to moment, but it follows pretty much all the most common spy fiction tropes, leading the main characters to be the least interesting in the show.

I love good acting though and mostly watch shows for good characters, so I'll keep up with it when it returns.