Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonic
Oct 11, 2003

bury me with it
Sweet, sweet Battlestar Galactica. I dodged this show like the plague, thinking it looked incredibly dumb from the trailers and commercials I had seen (and I had only seen a handful of episodes from the original series, which didn't help the new series' case) and continued to blatantly ignore every good thing I had heard about it. It wasn't until after I had read some interview with Joss Whedon, after just finishing and loving Firefly, where he stated that BSG is one of the greatest television series ever made, that I decided to give it a go.

The mini-series kicked my dick in. Ever since then, I've been plowing through it as fast as Netflix can send me the DVDs. God, what a great show.

Nthman posted:

Dead like me. How have i never ever heard of this before last week? It is funny, witty, compelling and has that hint of seriousness mixed in that not all TV series can do.

Did you feel it started off kind of slow, but picked up steam as it went? I tried to give this series a chance last year, and completely hated it--which I can't figure, because I'm usually all about shows that deal with death with any measure of wit. If I can write it off to the first few episodes, I might give it another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonic
Oct 11, 2003

bury me with it
I just finished all three seasons of Deadwood for the first time over the course of the past week or so. (I had only seen most of the first and second seasons out of order previously.) Knowing that the story will never be finished, I want to burn HBO's corporate headquarters to the loving ground.

Cocksuckers. :clint:

Seriously though, it was an amazing show that I wish I had watched with more regularity when it was still on TV. Practically everyone involved gave amazing performances (Ian McShane especially.) I know they've confirmed it's dead and all, but there will always be a little part of me that holds out hope for a bookend movie of some sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E