Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
I started the West Wing thread a month or so ago and finished that up rather quickly. I think I'm going to try to get caught up on 24, but with LOST back on that might be difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

FateoMcSkippy posted:

You all were right. Two Cathedrals was the best. That whole arch was awesome. Time to start season 3.

That episode has some of the most moving poo poo in television history. Great writing and acting. My favorite part was when the President took the lit cigarette out of his mouth and threw it on the cathedral floor and put it out with his foot.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Leviathan posted:

Doh. Yeah, SFU pretty much has one of the best endings ever. People who cried during the Lost finale would probably need some Paxil to recover after watching SFU's.

I rarely watched SFU, but I watched the last 6 minutes of the finale on youtube casue I heard a lot about it right before the Lost finale. I never knew anything about any of the characters but still got a little choked up watching it. I knew what the show was about, and I had seen a few episodes before. That was a really well done finale.

Anyways don't ask me why, but I started watching Greek and am really into it. It's a fun show that's easy to watch. Being in a fraternity in college I wanted to check this out to see how accurate it was. Some stuff is pretty spot on, but other ideas and plot points are stretched to make it entertaining for tv. I mean come on, I was a functioning alcoholic in college and didn't go to the bar nearly as much as they do in Greek.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

nWoCHRISnWo posted:

-Lost: How is the first and second season? I think I've read season 3 and 4 are really good? I don't want to sit through two entire seasons to get to good stuff though,so what's the verdict?

I've never met a fan of Lost that hated the first and second seasons. For me I'd rate lost in this order:

Season 2
Season 1
Season 5
Season 3
Season 6
Season 4 (however the constant is considered the best episode of Lost by a lot of people)

Enjoy Lost, cause it's one hell of a ride.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Anyone still watch Royal Pains? I stopped watching half way through season 1 last summer, and saw a commercial that it was coming back this week. Should I hop back on the Royal Pains bandwagon?

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Fringe

I was hesitant at first to start watching. I tried once and only got two episodes in. However a few weeks back I just binged through season one and couldn't stop watching. Now I'm half way through season 2 and can't wait to see what happens.

My only gripe with the show is that the overall mythology is fantastic. The plot is amazing. But when they do plot/mythology episodes, it makes watching the standalone episodes so much harder, even though they are good too.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Have you gotten to White Tulip?

Not yet, but I heard that's one of the best episodes of the series. I'm a couple episodes past "Grey Matters" which is about half way through season 2.

Also are there websites that help out with the connections and overall mythology of the show? Obviously I need to wait until I finish season 3 to look that up.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Mr.Graves posted:

Powered through both seasons of Eastbound and Down.

Watch

This

loving

Show

Now.

Drop everything you are doing and watch this show. No, you don't even have time to wipe your rear end. Leave your pants around your ankles and fling yourself at wherever you can get it. Every loving episode of Eastbound and Down is golden.

If you like anything about the Will Ferrel/sports idiot/car-crash embarrassing genre of comedy, this show stars Danny McBride as Kenny 'loving' Powers, a washed up ex major league pitcher, and his path trying to earn his way back into the league.

Also, it is HBO. Funniest thing I've seen on television in years.

Yeah, I've been watching East Bound and Down since it first started and have been trying to get people to watch it since. Danny McBride is one of the funniest people alive at the moment.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, I absolutely loving hate Will Ferrell and find him to be one of the most unfunny people on the planet. But Eastbound and Down is pretty great. The first episode of the first season has to be one of the greatest things to ever grace TV. I almost hacked up a lung I was laughing so hard. It made me go out and search for everything Danny McBride has been in.

The opening scene of the pilot episode is probably one of the most badass hilarious things in the history of television.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Fringe got a 23 episode order for season 4.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

I watched Dark on Netflix in 4 days last month. 2 seasons, loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Just finished watching both seasons of The Bear in about a 5 day stretch. My God, what a loving show.