Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Cactus posted:

The 100 I liked a lot, but it has passed the point where I'll not catch up with it until it's finished. Has there been any indication it's reaching an end-point in the near-to-mid future?

They just announced next season is the last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Lost in Space. Both seasons have been enjoyable.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Resident Alien is about as fun as you'd expect an "Alan Tudyk plays an alien trying to be human" show would be.

It has the same sort of vibe that People of Earth did, though part of that may be that they share a few cast members.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

We then turned off The Originals after just the intro. Basically once the character said something like "we are vampires... THE ORIGINALS" I was out.

If you're going to watch The Originals, you have to start with the first four seasons of The Vampire Diaries. The Originals eventually hits it's stride, but it needs the goodwill coming out of TVD to get there.

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 2, 2021

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Been watching Timeless. I'm so confused how this show wound up with enough of a following to save it from cancellation twice.

Maybe I'm just spoiled on time travel shows after a 1-2 punch of Legends of Tomorrow (a lot more fun) and 12 Monkeys (more interesting).

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

HOLY gently caress posted:

Also I’ve somehow gotten into The Good Fight besides the Paramount+ app constantly loving up and making me restart it every episode :mad:

Speaking of, I've been re-watching The Good Wife and it continues to be excellent.

Except for the Kalinda's husband plot.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Kung Food posted:

Also a healthy dose of "How dare they sully the sanctity of my 30 minute toy commercials."

This is what stuck out the most for me. According to my parents, I was obsessed with He-Man when I was younger. I remember absolutely nothing about the plot of He-Man at all, but I remember all of the toys without fail.

I've only made it an episode and a half in, but it's very weird to feel like I'm watching something that I know was a core part of my childhood, but that I almost lack any sort of real nostalgia for.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Started the new season of Space Force after reading interviews saying it was changing for Season 2 (a la The Office and Parks and Rec)

It did not change into something good. What a waste of talent.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

The Magicians turned out better than I would have expected. Season four finale is real fuckin good and probably should have ended there. BUT I’ve watched a lot worse and it takes some interesting turns I didn’t expect.

The Magicians was fun in that it would be weirdly hard to follow at times and drag a bit, then drop something amazing like "A Life In The Day" seemingly out of nowhere.

(I enjoyed the show a lot)

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Binging through Silo. It's not very good, but the fact that Common plays almost the exact same role in the kids movie Smallfoot is leading to some laughs.

Through 8 episodes, it feels like the whole thing is leading up to the same musical number he had in the movie.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I put on Reacher tonight expecting I wouldn't care for it, but the first episode had me laughing and giggling so much because of how much he seemed like what I imagined my dad's power fantasy character dream would be. He's just good at everything and is a hulk too. Wound up getting hooked on the mystery after that initial adjustment to this character, and watched almost all of the first season.

Stopped at episode 7 which opens with the most obvious "these nice people are going to die by the end" scene I've seen that wasn't a ragged detective on his last day before retirement.

There's a reason this is currently doing some numbers on social media: https://twitter.com/JasonKPargin/status/1735515322399052121

I'm waiting for all of Season 2 to come out so I can binge accordingly.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

koolkal posted:

Can't even imagine what season 4 is about. Space incest? Do they dare?

Martian Worker's Rights

It feels like the show had some big budget cuts and that pushed it more towards people drama than "space is trying to kill you" drama.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Xealot posted:

And a way less interesting exploration of this idea than The Expanse, which did way more with it, more interestingly, for longer.

I know The Expanse is supposed to be excellent, but I tried watching the first episode and couldn't get past Thomas Jane's hat.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

BetterLekNextTime posted:

The other show we watched was Mr. and Mrs. Smith on Prime. I haven't seen the movie, or if I did I've completely forgotten any details from it aside from the basic premise. The new show has two recruits to a covert ops company (Donald Glover and Maya Erskine) become fake married in their cover, and they quickly develop a real relationship as they are shacked up and trusting each other in dangerous missions. Each episode has something to do with an op they are working, although the strong through line is how their relationship develops and changes as they get to know each other and deal with their differing life goals etc. When the relationship is new or good the show is really funny and fun to watch but it has more serious episodes when they are at odds. I don't think this is too spoily but there's an episode in couples counseling where of course they can't talk about their real job so there's lots of euphemisms and such which initially are pretty funny but by the third session the body language of the pair has totally shifted and it's mostly sad in a Before Midnight kind of way. Great cameos throughout (e.g. Ron Pearlman, Sarah Paulson, Parker Posey). I'd recommend it although I expect people expecting ha ha shoot em up and wifey/hubby jokes for all 10 episodes are going to find it maybe too slow and boring.

I'm only three episodes in, but the most jarring thing is watching Donald Glover actively repress being charming. You can see it crack through once or twice per episode and then it just sort of gets shoved back down.

Also what a crazy waste of Sharon Horgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Shrimpy posted:

I'm only three episodes in, but the most jarring thing is watching Donald Glover actively repress being charming. You can see it crack through once or twice per episode and then it just sort of gets shoved back down.

Also what a crazy waste of Sharon Horgan.

Finally finished it and am surprised by all the praise its received. The last handful of episodes were better, but it felt like it was constantly trying not be "spy romp" when that was what it was best at.

Meanwhile The Brothers Sun was great.