Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

pahuyuth posted:

Even if you can't get into Barry you need to watch S2E5! It's pretty bonkers and approaches Banshee levels of fighting if you like that sort of stuff.

Banshee is one of the best shows. It is a complete show, and my go-to recommendation to everyone.

Nobody I know has said they hated it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Just finished The Blood and The poo poo episode of Warrior.

Holy gently caress what amazing tv.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

My wife loves Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel so I started watching those shows for the first time. We are watching them in chronological order, so once Angel started, it is Buffy Ep -> Angel Ep -> Repeat.

Currently on Season 5 of Buffy (2 on Angel), and I like Angel way more. He's actually the best part of his show, whereas Buffy is one of the worst characters on hers. All the other characters are much more interesting than Buffy herself, but it does suffer from every character having sarcastic dialogue to the point the lines don't really apply to a specific character.

Cordelia is amazing and my friend.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

American Gods season 2 was a show you WATCHED.

That was it. You just put your eyeballs on the screen that was all the satisfaction you were going to get.

It was gorgeous, but that's it.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ginny and Georgia is a really fun and clever show.

Only three episodes in, but I'm super hooked and all the characters are very interesting and seem to have some serious depth.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Just started (IE almost finished season 2) of Vikings and I like it a lot. It's not as good as The Last Kingdom in my opinion, and it's uncanny the plot similarities are between the shows. Excited to see how Season 3 develops.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I think season three of Vikings is a disaster. So many odd pacing choices, character deaths with no emotional payoff or anything, and unbelievable characters that had amazing plot development in the first two seasons, it seems like the show is literally just spinning the wheels and advancing a 'plot' that is becoming too broad and less focused.

It's trying and failing hard at being Game of Thrones.

I am almost Dexter-level hate watching the show now. What a loving stupid finale too.

I loved the first two seasons, and I'm pretty much ready to stop watching.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Magicians season 1 is aggressively mediocre. From season 2 on, it's a special blend of perfect that no other show has really done before. It's a super unique, fun, and clever show that rewards you for paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Qmass posted:

watching magicians because of all the chat and now im 4 episodes in and they are doing the lol it was all a dream and you are in a mental asylum thing and I want to launch this poo poo-burger into the sun

To save time, you can pretty much just read the plot synopsis from season 1 and jump straight into 2...

Or you can slow boat your way to some good TV.