Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m fine with a smaller talent pool that’s full of decent people yeah.

Rock you and I have done this dance too many times now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He doesn’t do that sort of thing now, though. Now it’s just edgelord bollocks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brown Moses posted:

I second that, and Schitt's Creek has proven to be a big surprise, Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose has fast become one of my favourite comedy characters, and the whole show has way more heart than you'd expect from the premise.

I really didn’t like the first couple episodes, does it improve or is what you see at the beginning what you get?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Season 1 does also get better in the second half tbh. There’s never anything as bad at that fuckin baby jesus episode

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Feeling very justified in deciding to skip the season after seeing the trailer atm

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kinda no and kinda yes but it’s loving awesome either way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure all the seasons after the first were Netflix originals so it should be.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every season of Mr. Robot is good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why would you pretend such a good episode doesn’t exist

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Patriot and Expanse are both on Amazon Prime

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tfw a guy with a rick and morty avatar complains about a female character being a mary sue

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Medical Police is very funny but I think probably it could have done with having 11 minute episodes like CH did

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Just finished watching The Great. Really funny, witty intelligent dialogue, loved every second of it. Unfortunately they did the thing where they spend the whole season building up to one very specific very cool-sounding event. Almost every scene is serving toward the buildup to this event. And then they don't show it. I left a superb season feeling let down.

I felt the same way at first but honestly if they do a second season I want Hoult to still be in it because he’s just so loving good. And keeping Peter around but with no power could be really fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kuddles posted:

everyone is talking about Dark right now which as mentioned is more of the same, so I gravitated to the same concept done without the pretense, I guess.

oof

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really don’t think Doom Patrol is very monkeycheese, especially compared to the other shows in that vein like Legends of Tomorrow and Umbrella Academy. I see why the Alan Tudyk stuff is a bit much for some people but I think that comes more from “smug meta” than “lolrandom”.

Ozark I mostly find distinctly average (and the cinematography/lighting is ughhhh) but god drat Julia Garner is a loving powerhouse

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s an excellent movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fartbox posted:

Ah what the gently caress, that's how season 2 of Doom Patrol ends? On the biggest cliffhanger ever? I sure hope there's a season 3 :mad:

COVID is a bitch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

gently caress, really? I love the hacking part of it and everything else, it’s just the spoiler part that bugs me. like the part where he sees the guys in black suits all the time is fine. It’s just him going through withdrawals and that dream sequence that was boring. It’s like there’s no progression to the actual story.

For what it’s worth, I love Mr. Robot and think that scene is probably the low point of the show. It’s just a very cliched and boring scene of its type imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he wasn’t fired for the Ganz thing. It played no part. Although it probably should have done!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My wife and I started binging Scrubs after we finished Happy Endings and Travelers. After a brief break to speed through Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, we're up to Season 8 of Scrubs, and those who warned that Seasons 7 and 8 aren't as good as what came before are right. The Season 7 finale (Dr. Cox narrating the fantasy story to his son) was my least-favorite episode of the show so far. Season 8 has redeemed itself a bit after that, but we weren't prepared for all the familiar faces and big names that joined the cast: Courtney Cox, Aziz Ansari, Eliza Coupe, and Taran Killam.

It’s 6 and 7 that aren’t as good. 8 is a big return to form.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m rewatching You’re the Worst because it’s one of the best sitcoms of the 21st century

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just appreciate season 9 as giving us early Kerry Bishe and more Eliza Coupe and maybe you’ll do ok

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Dark finale has a 9.8 rating on IMDB.

Finale wasn’t that great imo. Some really cheesy moments.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Putting that poo poo in the crawl was an abominable decision

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That sucks. I love how weird it is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Goons really loved that show in the early seasons for some reason

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hated all those Arrowverse shows way before it was cool 😎

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you think hating CW garbage is an indicator of bad taste, wait until you find out about the wider world and society beyond comic book things

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Look I've seen at least 9 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. I'm cultured.

Oh nice, I love Spalding Gray!

I’ve never seen anything by Spalding Gray

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Americans is so loving good omg and imo seasons 4 and 6 were the best so you have the best to come still!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn’t everyone hate See season 1

e: I posted this not realising there was a new page

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree that The Nevers is good and that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina sucks poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Owling Howl posted:

I'm watching Battlestar Galactica. I watched it once years ago and know nothing else about the universe. However, back then I basically skipped the Baltar/Cylon plotline. Like whenever you got a closeup of a sweaty dishevelled Baltar staring into the middle distance you knew there was going to be a 5-10 min. montage of nebulous dream visions and that just wasn't interesting to me so I skipped it.

I'm still in the early seasons but as I recall there's going to be a lot more of that going forward. Do I need to care about the Baltar/Cylon stuff? Is it worth it?

what the gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m pretty sure it’s like a dad show, like Ray Donovan or something

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Patriot is like, one of TVIV’s favourite shows. It’s fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And I have bad news about that mixed news:

https://twitter.com/stevconrad/status/1223121931764785152?s=21

https://twitter.com/stevconrad/status/1223136000999903232?s=21

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll finally get to put that worthless channel to use.

lol did you miss my post right after

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I'm further in now and there's a lot more cheesy writing than I expected the first two eps but overall I still like it. Also there's a subplot about incels and it's amazing. After the first person he recruits fails to pull off a mass shooting, the bad guy immediately googles "angry incel videos" to find a new stooge.

No spoilers but this ends in the most perfect way possible

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Evil owns. I’m glad more people are getting into it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They were airing seasons at the same time too. It was very confusing