Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...

zacd posted:

I just binged hard on Party Down and watched all 10 episodes straight through. Was only planning on watching 1 too. That is a great, tight little show. I can't wait for season 2 in April but major downer that Adam Scott isn't returning.

Season 1 was great! Adam Scott definitely isn't coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

zacd posted:

edit: wait nvm, Season 2 is nearly all filmed, so he's in the S2 eps. It is S3 that he may not be able to be in. Yes! This makes me super-pumped for S2.

Nice. I just lost total interest and then gained it right back. Jane Lynch leaving mid first season nearly killed Party Down for me right then and there. The main character dropping out would have been the nail in the coffin.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET!?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Be Depressive posted:

her replacement/roommate was really funny.

That is a matter of opinion and I disagree.

Or how about this? Stifler's mom was a poor substitute for Lynch.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

I loved The Wire, but its a really slow-moving show. It's not for everybody. I have friends that I recommend it to and others that I just know wouldn't like it.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

To further the Lost discussion, I'm 4 episodes (included the one that aired last night) from being caught up.

It's definitely wearing pretty thin on me at the moment. The show just never got back to being as interesting as it was in the first season, where every episode ended with me wanting to watch the next one. Now I just want to see it to say I watched the finale live. Too many characters are annoying, too many plot threads are clumsily introduced and handled, and it's getting pretty ridiculous how obnoxiously coy the plot reveals have become.

I JUUUUUUUST caught up thanks to Netflix. I actually hated the early show, but started liking it when everything started to get crazy.

In the early seasons you had horrible Claire and Charlie bay-bee crap, plus Shannon's worthless rear end hogging up way too much plot. Not to mention that the Sawyer-Kate-Jack love triangle was pretty much the only thing going on.

Also, I never quite got the intrigue about the (season 1/2 spoiler) hatch intrigue. It just wasn't that mysterious to me.

And lest we forget the outside real-life problems causing characters who were obviously supposed to be important being flat out killed. For some reason that's something LOST people have decided can't be brought up.

Fortunately, after Season 3, it really picked up for me. When it takes this leap toward mildly crazy, I finally started to be entertained. Now there's barely any time for stupid love-triangle poo poo and most of the irritating characters are dead.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Traffic Reporter posted:

Planet Earth.

Yes. There can be only one. (and it's the Planet Earth blu-ray series)

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Twin Peaks was loving awesome. Probably my favorite dramatic show ever at least for season 1 up until the resolution of the main plot.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Mushboom posted:

Just bum-rushed through Doctor Who Season 4 to get ready for Season 5's American debut. I think Russell T. Davies secretly hates the Doctor, because while I loved this season, I found the adventures more full of death and loss than ever before. Now I gotta finish the rest of the specials; I'm looking forward to The End of Time especially.

When Tennant goes, so do I. I don't know who this new fool thinks he is, but he's not MY Doctor.

:colbert:

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Vizrt posted:

Just finished Season 4 of OZ.

gently caress that dream sequence.

OZ turned from a great show into a goddamn travesty at a certain point. I believe that point was "Cyril O'Reilly."

Coincidentally though, I just bumped into the guy who played Ryan O'Reilly at a bar this weekend.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

Some of the people who loved it thought that the people who hated it never understood it, while in fact many of the people who hated it understood it just fine and thought it was a complete cop-out.

I'm in this camp. I wasn't pleased with how it wrapped up, but I still enjoyed the show.

I just think it's funny at this point that anyone who actually cares enough about the show to still be discussing it, yet hasn't read one of the 8 billion "Listen, this may or may not have happened, but here is what definitely DID NOT happen" articles that clear up the main points of the ending. (Not the little debatable stuff, but the MAJOR stuff.)

I know some hardcore Lost fans that steadfastly believe that everyone died in the original plane crash and it was hell/Jack's dream the whole time.

(I spoiled that incorrect theory because it definitely has heavy implications for the fate of the characters in the ending.)

These are the same people that are still absolutely convinced that Tony Soprano gets shot in that last scene, in spite of having the moment explained to them by other fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Ratatozsk posted:

Well, there's Brotherhood. It's like the Sopranos crossed with The Wire. It's a bit uneven quality-wise, but it has some absolutely brilliant episodes and the two lead actors are both named Jason. As an added bonus, the first two seasons are available for Netflix Instant streaming.

Did that show end on a cliffhanger or did it get a passable resolution?