Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Most of our favourite shows are currently between seasons and so me and the wife started watching The Big Bang Theory as we wanted something silly and light to watch with dinner, and despite kinda not really looking forward to watching it, its surprisingly okay. Not the best comedy ever but light and silly enough that it's entirely watchable, we're almost caught up to the current episodes. We heard so many people say how its the lowest denominator in comedy and really dumb etc that we almost didn't check it out, but glad we did.

We also started watching Castle, I don't know why but the show's premise and synopsis really put me off watching it initially but we're really really enjoying it and just finished Season 1. It's funny because we're sometimes a little snobbish about television/film, yet are complete suckers for procedurals like White Collar, Burn Notice and Warehouse 13. At the same time we can't stand things like CSI, Law & Order, and could not at all get into Bones or Monk.

Can anyone give a quick recommendation of any other quite light/silly procedurals? Ideally with some bad one liners/wisecracks, and never take themselves too seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Ratatozsk posted:

I'd recommended the rest of the USA lot, like Royal Pains, Suits, Psych, then The Finder and maybe NUMB3RS.

We did try Suits but found the main cast members pretty unlikable, which seeing as they're all lawyers is probably the point.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

I couldn't find a recommendation thread so hopefully this is the best place to ask this. Me and the wife are almost completely up to date on our current show binge (Supernatural and re-watching Seinfeld) and are at a loss what to watch next.

Can anyone recommend any fun to watch procedurals/monster of the week shows? We feel like we've done all the usual ones like X-Files, Fringe, Supernatural, Grimm and Warehouse 13 and have watched most of the more fun crime ones that we've heard of. We mostly like the ones that are a little goofy/silly over the more serious ones, so more along the lines of Sherlock, Burn Notice, White Collar and Castle than CSI and the like. We watched a few episodes of Suits and Psych but neither really grabbed us for some reason despite being fairly popular in TVIV.

Something a little more serious is fine as well, and to that end we enjoyed Mad Men, Dexter, BSG, The Wire, Spartacus (Okay that one maybe isn't so serious...) and Rome etc. We seem to be the only people in the world who couldn't get into Breaking Bad despite watching most of the first season, and Treme and Boardwalk Empire were a bit disappointing, probably because we were expecting another Wire out of them.

This should be something easily google-able but most of the results I find just keep being the same 20 shows listed starting with The Wire, Rome, Dexter...etc.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

We've been watching Alphas and enjoying it, seen House and enjoyed the first few seasons. Torn on Carnivale as it was cancelled and never really resolved wasn't it? same with Deadwood, heard great things about it but if it ends on a cliffhanger not sure I want to bother.

Will check out Veronica Mars and Revenger though.