Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

King of Spit posted:

The Shield is my favorite show, and I'm trying to get in to The Wire, but it's just not working that great. I'm on the 5th episode, and it seems okay, but no hook.....is there a time the sjow just hooks you or is it a gradual watch 2 1/2 seasons before it comes kind of thing?
I was the same way. I didn't like the first season of the Wire my first time through, Season 2 is when it really started to grab me.

I've since re-watched Season 1 and wondered what I was thinking because Season 1 is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

I started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia sometime last week and now I'm about halfway through with the 4th season. It's way too easy to kick out 3-4 episodes in a sitting.

I really want to get into another good series though, so my next binge will either be Deadwood or Oz.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005

Just finished the first season of Ray Donovan and am all caught on with Fargo.

I've got a bunch of other shows in my queue, but they're all hour-long dramas (Friday Night Lights, Americans, final season of Damages, etc.).

I'm looking for a comedy to break up the rhythm of these dramas. If anyone has suggestions for comedies I may have missed (e.g. Party Down, Better off Ted, Rick and Morty), they would be greatly appreciated.