Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

By looking far out into the 209 we are also looking far back into time, back toward the horizon of the universe, back toward the epoch of the Stockton Slap.

just finished marco polo and gently caress netflix for cancelling on that cliffhanger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

By looking far out into the 209 we are also looking far back into time, back toward the horizon of the universe, back toward the epoch of the Stockton Slap.

beanieson posted:

Good news, soon enough you’ll have completely forgotten about Marco Polo just like everyone else.

the khan owned

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

In my dreams is Amos

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah he's a massive fuckin dork, who the hell else would play through the w3 multiple times, become the character and then literally take the costume and wig home so that they can wear it around the house doing normal poo poo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

just finished doom patrol and i liked it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Four episodes of S2 of Altered Carbon and I’m done because it’s boring beyond my capacity to endure. Anthony Mackie is not in the least dangerous or threatening, every single line is delivered as if it’s meaningful or weighty, but is in fact hollow and ponderous, and no one has any charisma whatsoever. Utterly dreary.

e: that it doesn’t even have its own thread speaks volumes

Yep I feel the same way, finished recently and he just wasn't the right fit. S1 was so much better (as I remember it at least)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

I agree, but I found him particulary aggravating

Then you're gonna hate the new guy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

12 monkeys. It owned.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

isaboo posted:

It's one of my all time favorite shows, easily.

What did you think of the ending? It was pretty much perfect imo

Also, Jennifer Goines is the best

I saw it coming, wanted it, and it felt good

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

12 monkeys owned lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

DogsInSpace! posted:

It really did. I love setting the low expectations at “you see the movie?” or “end of the world apoc done good” then they settle in. Normally at season 2 my friends are like “wtf” but in the best way. Season 1 gets really going about 3-4 but seriously everyone should stick it out. Bloody good fun.

Agreed, but I haven't seen the movie yet!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

clown shoes posted:

Maybe I'll give it another go one day but the first two episodes were like a bad 24 rip off, right down to the music. It didn't hook me. I think I'm just going to watch the movie again.

ur wrong

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

Just finished Raised By Wolves.

Huh.

father owns

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The queens gambit was great, sad it's a one off

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Fun fact: my mom taught the Duffer Bros in 5th grade.

We just finished the Queen's Gambit . Overall I liked it a lot, but I've got to say the last half of the finale didn't quite nail it. Didn't hate it but... It felt way too "and they all live happily ever after." I got a strong feeling there was another ending but Netflix or whoever wanted something less dark. To be honest I'd forgotten about the dude who's now working the local paper so I didn't need the reconciliation there. The "all the chess nerds cheering over the phone" was OK but I didn't really need it either. They just had her yawn a couple of times during the preliminary rounds but I thought they could have hit a little harder how grueling that must have been to run these long matches day after day and have the pressure of knowing she was basically playing the whole Russian team. And why mention that Borgov wants to talk to her if that never goes anywhere? These are nitpicks in a generally solid show but I felt a little let down.

Yeah felt the same way, but it's tough to get a satisfactory ending in a one off I imagine

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

they should have given me at least $500

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I found the magicians when they were on season 4 I really enjoyed that poo poo and then burned out about halfway through season 4. Started watching again last night and it reminded me how fun it is, although I still remember liking first t3 seasons more, I should go back and refresh myself eventually.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

GORDON posted:

Started Doom Patrol today. What a delightful surprise. I like all the violence and f-bombs.

it's really good

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Doom patrol is a sleeper, it's good as poo poo despite the last season suffering slightly due to covid

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Nerdietalk posted:

Brother talked me into watching season 1 of The Boys, which I liked more than I expected. Its not immune to the "we're DARK and EDGY superheroes," but it mainly keeps the edgy antics to two particularly scummy characters and demonstrate real humanity in the others. Its also more obviously a skewering of celebrity culture over anything else, which I appreciate.

Adding the praise onto Doom Patrol, easily one of the best superhero shows ever made. I definitely need to find something less hero involved to watch after this though.

watch banshee

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

withak posted:

God drat it I don't have time to rewatch Justified.

You have a job right? Bam at least 8 hours of watch time a day

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

holy poo poo continuum owned lmao. I literally just finished it, very good

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 7, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

needed 4 more seasons

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the funniest part in the show is Carlos telling his fellow cops to shoot accurately so as to not hit the giant machine lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

started travelers, a few EPs in and the abusive husband character is already pissing me off

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Have fun with that!

does it really go on for the entire run

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Almost all of it. And it never gets better haha. Sorry man.

Jesus gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

God drat they packed it in in the last ep of travelers

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

If you're watching traveler's and haven't seen continuum, definitely watch it next. The shared actors will gently caress you up a bit lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's Stargate all the way down.

drat that's crazy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Finished season 4 of The Magicians last night. Oof.

it was fine

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Go full time travel

12 monkeys
Continuum
Travellers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Banshee is a sleeper, it really owns