Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
wait people didn't like season 4 of weeds?

I'm just about to start season 5 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Shark Accident posted:

Now maybe I'll finish Dexter?

wait until the next season starts, because you won't want to stop after the season 4 finale.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

scr0llwheel posted:

Just caught up to real time with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and am now slowly working through The Wire. I just watched the "gently caress" scene and the show is good but it doesn't have the I-need-to-watch-the-next-one-right-now hook.

I had to force my way through the first half a season as it was unlike anything I'd watched before, and by the time I was on season 2 I was hooked. season 4 I didn't care 4 but season 5 blew me away.

e:whats the consensus on Big Love s4? I finished the first 3 a few weeks ago.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Halfway through s1 of Party Down. And it rocks.

mr. unhsib posted:

So...I just started watching Andromeda. I don't know why. I'm about 7 episodes in.

So far it's about 95% cheap Star Trek-knockoff (and I do mean cheap, lord the special effects are bad) but every now and then they do hit you with some cool sci-fi ideas.

I think I'm committed...someone tell me what I'm in for.

Edit - the quotes before episodes are a nice touch.

Lexia Doig, mainly. That show brings back memories but I honestly can't think of any reason I kept watching. She's married to michael shanks, btw. Its kind of adorable.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Harmonica posted:

Chuck I hope they manage to break out of the formula that they've used up to the end of Season 2.

Not quite, but you're so distracted by celeb cameos that it doesn't seem to matter as much.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

BlazinLow305 posted:

Someone just mentioned Game of Thrones, is it any good?

Its brilliant, but I could barely keep up with the story reading the books.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

precision posted:

Also chiming in with "If you haven't watched The Misfits you drat well better." What a fantastic show. If the characters annoy you at first, don't worry, they're supposed to. You grow attached to them real quick.

closing in on the end of season 2 here. Some of the powers in season2 are so fantastic, this show completely breaks the mold.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

been watching eureka. the wackiness of of SG1 combined with the :techno: of TNG is brilliant.

aziraphale60 posted:

About to start Firefly. I was watching Boston Legal but I've been convinced to give Firefly a try first. I do love me some Whedon.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Game of Throne spoilers:

Holy poo poo they killed off Ned Stark! My wife made me pause it and we talked about it for five minutes how he was the best character. Also, it pissed us off that the whole season builds to these huge battles and we aren't shown any of it. Tyrion's battle, not shown. Jamie Lannister's fight and capture, not shown. And it felt like some of the finale was wasted on other stuff I don't care about. The Imp's whore getting some background, the old Lord in the castle pretending to be feeble. I mean, I don't mind more characterization but don't do it in the last episode with a huge battle to fight! I like how so much was set up for the second season like the journey north of the Wall and the dragons being born but it doesn't "feel" like this was a season finale. Maybe if somehow Stark's death could be the end of the season. Like the execution and then roll credits I'd feel like it ended on a higher note. I loved the season, but I'm just a little let down by the finale. Also no "bad" characters died while we loving lost not only Stark but the fencing teacher. I liked him! :mad:

friend of mine watched all of of ep1 before someone gleefully spoiled the entirety of season 1/2 for her.

I read the books first, and I"m not sure I wouldn't have rather just waited for the series after all.

It never said syrio forel died.... (or I'm hoping anyway)