Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
Someone recommended Brotherhood a million pages ago. I've only just gotten around to watching it and it's really good. Thanks a lot! Needs more seasons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
On the subject of Veroica Mars I'm half way through the first season and really loving it. I never really wanted to give it a chance before because I thought it was going to be like gossip girl or something. Thank god for Party Down and goons saying how good VM is.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
I'm just coming to the end of the first series of Nikita after it was recommended on here. It's far better than I was expecting. I remember watching La Femme Nikita in the 90's and assumed it would be awful. Are seasons 2 and 3 as good or better?

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

Same here, buddy! :hfive:

Oh, and you loved Party Down? Check out the Veronica Mars Introduction thread that was just posted. It's from the same creator, it's just as funny (albeit in a different way) and actually a much better show (and I say that as a big PD fan)

Parks & Rec, Party Down, and Veronica Mars are all amazing shows. I hope there is a Party down kickstarter to go with the VM one.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
You might want to try Borgen as well, though I don't know easy that is to see in the US.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

Uba Stij posted:

Since its a Danish program I think its safe to assume that the no channel/internet streaming provider will likely have it within the USA.

Don't they show much foreign content in the US then?

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

While it wasn't so much a binge, it was the first time in recent memory where I watched/finished a show in "season one" as it aired on TV- only missed the first 3 episodes: Nathan For You. The last time I did that was maybe for Parks and Rec. I seriously can't remember.
Thanks for this. I love this show now.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

Bown posted:

Does Merchant's character ever become more than a cliched selfish prick who would gently caress over his friends at a moment's notice? That was what really killed the show for me.

Yes, but it is kind of a spoiler (if a rather obvious one)

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
I thought the accent was done really well, I assumed she was English until I read afterwards she was Canadian. At least she didn't sound Australian or 19th century cockney like most north American attempts. Other than her brother, the rest were all supposed to be from the US right?

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I'm most the way through the first season of the FX sitcom Legit. It's hit and miss but there have been a couple of really enjoyable episodes.

I'm a fan of Jim Jefferies' standup and some episodes are entirely based on his stories from that...It's a little dull, and the sitcom version of events is way less funny than the actual material. On that note, his standup makes it plain that he's a horrible human being (albeit a very funny one), but the sheer narcissism that bleeds through the show is something else. (Particularly in the episode where he proves he doesn't have to get into shape because his personal trainer can't talk to women whereas he can bang all sorts of random hotties despite his beer belly!)

Despite the bad words to say about it, I fully recommend giving episode 3 (Love) and episode 5 (Justice) a go at least.

I think the supporting cast are really good in Legit, and possibly the main reason I keep watching. I'm not sure if you are not supposed to like Jim that much in it.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
Watched Flowers at the weekend. It's only 6 hours long and it had me laughing and crying by the end. It's incredibly weird, and the humour is very dark, but I would definitely recommend it. It's on channel 4 for British people and Seeso for anyone else I assume.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

Just started on Black Mirror. It's really good but holy poo poo that second episode is dark

I can only watch an episode every couple of weeks as they kind of get to me.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
deleted in case it can be considered a spoiler

franchise1 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 30, 2018

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
Just finished Bojack Horseman. Such a good show, but I can never convince anyone to watch it as its "just a cartoon".

-Edit: also talking of theme tunes, this has one of the best intro/outro tunes.

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
Is Reprisal any good? I watched the first episode and can't decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franchise1
Jun 5, 2006
I feel like I'm always about a month behind on this thread.
Just started season 2 of Black Summer. I don't think I've seen any other show like it. Minimal dialogue, lots of continuous action scenes, very visceral. I'm not sure if it is good or bad but I really enjoy it.