Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Garrysmod's wire expression gates are fantastic for this.

there's this admin mod that allows you to do stuff through basic console commands, and there's an expression gate command that allows you to execute console commands.

I was building, and getting pestered by some low-grade admin jerkoff. On this server there are typically three levels of admin. Super admin, Admin, and Operator. The Operators get the power of kick, and that's about it - and this guy was being a real moron. On the server was a supposed "wire expert" who was running around wildly trying to help people.

So I build a gate with the following code

Output: Null
Line1: interval(20)
Line2: clk() -> concommand('ulx slay stupidjerkoff');

and spawn it and say "aw man, my chip doesn't work. Hey (actual admin admin), can you help me out here?" So toddles over, dupes the chip, and then spawns it.

Cue the repeat slaying of the fucktard low-grade admin. The game racked up just over five hundred slays in the span of maybe three seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxRacer69
May 6, 2007

by Fragmaster

Sestze posted:

there's this admin mod that allows you to do stuff through basic console commands, and there's an expression gate command that allows you to execute console commands.

I was building, and getting pestered by some low-grade admin jerkoff. On this server there are typically three levels of admin. Super admin, Admin, and Operator. The Operators get the power of kick, and that's about it - and this guy was being a real moron. On the server was a supposed "wire expert" who was running around wildly trying to help people.

and spawn it and say "aw man, my chip doesn't work. Hey (actual admin admin), can you help me out here?" So toddles over, dupes the chip, and then spawns it.

Cue the repeat slaying of the fucktard low-grade admin. The game racked up just over five hundred slays in the span of maybe three seconds.

Holy goddamn poo poo I need to learn Wiremod

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

Sestze posted:

I really don't understand what you are describing? Wiremod? What? Explain this so more, please.

I understand that when the actual admin cloned the item, it got all the rights from his level, correct? So it was able to slay the jerk admin?

EDIT:
I looked up wiremod, holy poo poo! One of the admin for the wiremod site is a furry. Flux is his name. We must find him ina game and grief him!

As a side note, SECOND LIFE was great for griefing.

Furrys are everywhere. Alot of the social spaces are 'clubs' which have internet radio piped in, dance macros, and stupid poo poo like that. It was nice though because you could listen to some (sometimes) decent music and chat with people. Some clubs even had slot machines and other gambling implements before that was made illegal. They also often had contests and crap.

Anyway, it was fun to go in and spam them. Either trolling people in there (particularly the furries and the goths). The best though was to load up my pikachu or Samus Aran costumes and start using the special effects. Pikachu would send blue spheres out, bolts of lightning and poo poo. While it wouldn't cause damage to people (not my property, so I can't hurt). Samus had a power bomb that had several concentric, translucent spheres that would spread out like an explosion. If I did it enough, I could easily cause people to drop their connection. If nothing else, piss people off.

Another super rear end in a top hat thing to do was use nukes. Somehow, there was a way to make an item that cause people to be pushed at super speeds and end up a virtual mile or two away (or straight up). You could straight up get served by admin if they caught you. Still, it was fun to do. Some guy had an AK47 that pushed you like that. He sent me flying a few hundred feet away. I responded in kinda by sending him into orbit. He said he couldn't even see the ground from where he ended up.

Machismo fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 27, 2008

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Warcraft III custom maps. Seriously, try it. If you can't outright kill your teammates, being absolutely loving worthless or cheap is enough to set them on a ten-minute rage bender.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

It makes me sad that there is nothing remotely as awesome as Ultima for griefing anymore.

I make do with EVE, where ore theft is not particularly profitable but gets you amazing tells as a reward. But if anything ever came around that was like Ultima and as popular as it was back then, I'd sub immediately.

I think the TF2 vids are great fun. But I am afraid griefing isn't really fun for me unless I know that what I am doing is going to have an effect on them for more than a few minutes, so I stick to MMO's.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Machismo posted:

I really don't understand what you are describing? Wiremod? What? Explain this so more, please.

I understand that when the actual admin cloned the item, it got all the rights from his level, correct? So it was able to slay the jerk admin?
just being a base user on the server, I don't get to slay people. For obvious reasons. The gate says, "ok, every 20 milliseconds, I'm going to type in console ulx slay jerkoff", and my console tells me, "no you can't do that you're not an admin doofus".

The admin does. So it just appears like I'm asking for help with something innocuous, he dupes it, and it executes the commands on his console.

He has the ability to slay people with ulx, so the gate says "ok, every 20 milliseconds, I'm going to type in console ulx slay jerkoff." and his console says "ok! consider that guy slayed!" An interesting feature of slay is that when someone is dead, and is ulx slay-ed again, they respawn and then get slayed on the same spot. Their ragdoll does a little dance as the server tries to keep up with hundreds of admin commands all coming at it at once.

That isn't the limit of what you can do with concommand - it could've been worse. I could've stripped everyone of their rank, banned everyone from the server permanently, unbound the tilde key on everyone's keyboard... the possibilities are endless.

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh
World of Warcraft: As a warlock in the beginning days you had a whole boatload of fun things you could do. A fun trick was summoning infernals (they needed to be enslaved, otherwise they'd go hostile and kill everything) and then suiciding right afterwards, meaning the infernal would go berserk and kill any lowbies in range.

Another fun thing to do was bombing the auction house with the Geddon bomb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkk5A2GAITQ&feature=related

The trick was to have a boss monster in WoW cast a "living bomb" debuff on a player's pet, then dismiss the pet before it exploded, resummoning it in a capital city (it would still have the bomb on it).

Speaking of Space Station 13, emptying out a NO2 canister and filling it with tons of CO2 was fun as hell. NO2 canisters are relatively common and nobody pays them any mind, so if you were crafty you could just switch a canister in a hall for your already prepped one and release the gas, which would instantly kill anyone breathing it in at sufficiently high concentrations. The gas was invisible, unlike the other harmful gases, and if you breathed it in once it was already too late.

lipstick thespian fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 27, 2008

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Ghost riding cars into people in the battlefields was my favorite way of griefing ever. It really sucks that you can't do it in the new one.

Now all I do in CoD4 when I'm bored is just block snipers views on my team, its nothing special.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
In Warcraft 3, I used to go into the ranked ladder looking for team games. I would pick human and build only peasants and the wizard hero. I would then militia all of my people and portal to my teammates town hall, and kill everything he had with militia and his peasant line with level 1 blizzard from my wizard man. It was pretty hilarious, almost as good as tower rushing your own team. This was especially funny to me because I got really tired of good people making new level 1 characters to get perfect records on the ladders and up their ranks. Happy to ruin someone's ranking!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
When they first introduced player owned structures in EVE. Castle Prankenstein! Basically a POS with as much guns as possible in 0.5 space. Us idiots pretending to need help with a mission or crap like that, ganging up with the person and have him warp to us, who're conviently placed at said POS, which fired at anything not-us. Also, seeding bookmarks to "special locations" all pointing to the POS.

In EVE, losing items hurts. A lot of people lost a lot of expensive stuff, assuming they were safe in 0.5 (no PVP, easy rats).

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Around the time the medic unlocks were being unlocked, some friends and I made rounds on achievement servers. We would join, spawn as one team, get people to leave the server, then switch teams!

Uber-fun with sentries.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
THere's one kind of specific player that I just can't stand on TF2, who I like to call 'captain rear end in a top hat.' He's the guy who bosses around the entire team, telling them what to do, and 9 times out of...9, he has no loving clue what he's talking about. He's constantly calling for medic even when he's not damaged, telling people how to play their classes (you detonate stickies with RIGHT CLICK? really? I had no idea!), and if (when) we lose, he blames everyone else.

Now I play medic pretty often, so this type of guy especially pisses me off. What I love to do is, play along during the set-up period and start healing him exclusively, then get my uber charged up and ready to go. Of course, being the invincible hotshot that he is (not), he gets right up next to the gates so I can uber him and charge into the fray (pretty standard tactic if you're not familiar with the game).

However, I always accidentally run away and uber someone else once he's safely in the middle of 10-20 enemies with no chance of escape. He usually leaves the game after that

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
When the Return to Castle Wolfenstein demo was first released, it was one of the best teamkilling experiences ever. On the Axis side, you could take out your entire team with the gatling gun, bazooka, or flamethrower at the spawn before they had time to react, and there was no system in place to get rid of teamkillers.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
http://www.spleens.net/

The best griefing in any game ever. From Ultima Online

Also, in WoW, Play a shadow priest and Mind Control people off of anything and everything, remember to cancel the buff in the air so they actually die. Also fun if you do it on boats/zepplins. I play horde and usually hide on a hard to reach spot on the front of a boat and toss people off making them miss the boat. Too bad it isn't like everquest where you could root someone underwater halfway across the ocean and they drowned and were unable to recover their corpse.

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 27, 2008

FrizzBall
Mar 15, 2004

PRO-DUC-TION!!!!!
When I get bored with WoW, sometimes I'll go to one of my factions starting areas and follow around a level 1 and kill anything before he gets near it, making it impossible for him to gain experience.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I love griefing. I idle in WoW all day pissing people off in trade chat with an addon I downloaded then edited my liking that automatically responds whenever someone says a cuss word with "Reported." I bring my grief to the realm forums every once in awhile. I have been taking screenshots of people yelling at me for about 10 days now and it's pretty funny.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
my all goon guild (RIP SHAMAN TRAINER) stole the hordes flight master from ogrimmar and held him for ransom in the well of eternity :3 which was a ripoff of a previous goon guild exploit that did the same thing :)

Spastic Moose
Feb 4, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
A while ago there was a horde quest in WoW that, should you fail it, sets all of your own faction to unfriendly for 30 minutes. This means that you can't interact with them to buy things and whatnot. It also means you can kill them. Me and some people went all around Kalimdor wiping out lowbie towns, Orgrimmar, whatever we felt like. Never got to kill Thrall though, and GMs eventually told us we can't kill quest mobs anymore. Bunch of pussies.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
With my level 50 Enchanter in DAoC, when I got bored I would venture in to Cothrom Gorge Hy Brasil (Hybernia SI zone) and pull a mob named Marfoirwort to the zone starting city. It was a giant mushroom/plant mob as big as a house. I would have to drag it through a 'crafting' town to get there. When you got this mob far enough away from its spawn it wouldn't path back either and its AI was such it would attack anything around it. It apparently also got stronger the more people it ate :D .

The cries of the crafters as it ate them was hilarious, and it was even funnier when it reached the start of the zone (a 15-20 min kite). I had pictures but I can't find them :( . Camelotvault has some screenshot contest where the reward was beta into ToA - I submitted a shot of Marfoirwort sitting on top of a house surrounded by corpses and won. The next patch they implemented a invisible barrier that Marforwort wont go past so you can't drag him anymore, although it does make it easy to kill him with enchanter and a bot.

If anyone still plays DAoC, you can still drag Marforworts babies, Brenwort, Cronwort, and another I forgot. Their much harder to do though.

(edit - redirected my domain from my deleted hosting account and noticed requests coming in for this, can't find the backups at the moment so no pictures anymore)

Danith fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 18, 2010

deez nutz
Aug 20, 2003

by Fistgrrl
Some Counterstrike:Source servers have this punishment system where if you get teamkilled, you can choose from a list of punishments for the player who teamkilled you. There's the usual stuff like kill, blind, take money, reduce health, beacon etc but the real comedy lies in the bomb options. There's fire bomb which sets fire to everyone around you (including teammates), ice bomb which freezes everyone, and time bomb which insta-kills everyone. So with a friend on the server, you can teamkill them, then get them to punish you with a time bomb as soon as the next round starts. If you position yourself right you can instantly kill off your entire team before they even get out of the spawn point, immediately ending the round with a win for the other team. It's awesome.

Here's a video of a time bomb, although for some strange reason he uses it on the enemy team :confused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qP67x6jYIw

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Machismo posted:

EDIT:
I looked up wiremod, holy poo poo! One of the admin for the wiremod site is a furry. Flux is his name. We must find him ina game and grief him!

As a side note, SECOND LIFE was great for griefing.

Furrys are everywhere. Alot of the social spaces are 'clubs' which have internet radio piped in, dance macros, and stupid poo poo like that. It was nice though because you could listen to some (sometimes) decent music and chat with people. Some clubs even had slot machines and other gambling implements before that was made illegal. They also often had contests and crap.

Anyway, it was fun to go in and spam them. Either trolling people in there (particularly the furries and the goths). The best though was to load up my pikachu or Samus Aran costumes and start using the special effects. Pikachu would send blue spheres out, bolts of lightning and poo poo. While it wouldn't cause damage to people (not my property, so I can't hurt). Samus had a power bomb that had several concentric, translucent spheres that would spread out like an explosion. If I did it enough, I could easily cause people to drop their connection. If nothing else, piss people off.

Another super rear end in a top hat thing to do was use nukes. Somehow, there was a way to make an item that cause people to be pushed at super speeds and end up a virtual mile or two away (or straight up). You could straight up get served by admin if they caught you. Still, it was fun to do. Some guy had an AK47 that pushed you like that. He sent me flying a few hundred feet away. I responded in kinda by sending him into orbit. He said he couldn't even see the ground from where he ended up.

In Second Life, I had a homing plasma cannon that, by our records, could fling people 2 grids away. Mass entertainment.

Also, me and some friends decided to "invade" a "police station". I dunno if they fixed it, but you can make a prim, sit on it and then move it around, putting you through solid objects. We got into their "control room" and set off all their alarms, and when the fake-Internet-police showed up we started screaming "HELP WE'RE STUCK AND WE DON'T KNOW HOW WE GOT HERE"! Bonus points for costumes: I was in a robot suit that looked like Buzz Lightyear and the 50s had a disfigured child, and my two friends were in a bright, sunshiny yellow furry costume and a suit made entirely out of wood-textured cubes.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
^^ I know it's been said, but it really seems like Second Life was just made for griefing. Heh HELP

Danith posted:

Ha poo poo, I was laughing at this; it reminds me of that blob thing in Ultima or whatever

Tankus
Sep 6, 2007
Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.

The Pain posted:

Also this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5768255472406147459
(done before the Roomba people <.<)

This is fantastic.

Doctor Fatty
Oct 11, 2004

Soothing salve for your intake valve
The best griefing video I've seen in recent memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw (pardon the music)

In Age of Conan your mount has proper collision detection, which means that unlike other games, you can't walk through someone else. There is also mounted combat. So this guy blocks narrow paths along cliffs and bridges, and fires off a horse kick which has knockback everytime someone goes behind him, launching them off the cliff/bridge.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Doctor Fatty posted:

The best griefing video I've seen in recent memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw (pardon the music)

In Age of Conan your mount has proper collision detection, which means that unlike other games, you can't walk through someone else. There is also mounted combat. So this guy blocks narrow paths along cliffs and bridges, and fires off a horse kick which has knockback everytime someone goes behind him, launching them off the cliff/bridge.

Haha that is great.

MeTa_Cunt0rV2.1
Jul 30, 2004

by elpintogrande

is it "your mum"?

theprofessor
Apr 30, 2007

Everyone's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooooh, suddenly you've gone too far!
Awesome article about Goon griefers in Wired, of all places:

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/16-02/mf_goons

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Second life was too funny for griefing. I made some invisible nukes and got a friend to place them in a bunch of clubs, then detonate them. Showers of people flew out of the doors of the clubs and into the rest of the area. It was hilarious. I also had a gun that shot expanding sticky foam balls, which you could plug up doors with. I built a giant fort out of expanding foam balls on top of someone's house.

I got some kind of weird omni-tool thing, and one of them was a lock on thing that would connect your omni tool thing to anyone you specified with some weird particle beam. It didn't actually do anything, I guess it was for finding people. But where it locked on to them was the groin. So you'd have a red particle beam shooting out from your thing and into their crotch. Naturally I followed people around for ages saying I was sterilising them. Some people got remarkably angry about it.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 27, 2008

milieu
Apr 26, 2003
Vizier of Allah
In COD4 you used to be able to get around no TK servers (it was either that or the reflective damage servers -- the ones where you shoot a team mate and it does damage to you).

Anyway, the goal was to set two claymores in a line at choke point on the map where your team would eventually run by or find a sniper and set the claymores up next to them. This also may have worked with just one claymore but I can't remember now.

Anyway, you shoot the back claymore, it blows up the one in front, which kills the team mate. The beauty of it was that you didn't get negative tk points because you didn't directly kill him.

You could also wait for another team member to set up a clay, then shoot it when someone ran by, killing them.

I haven't tried this for a long time and there have been a few patches since then, so don't know if it still works. Talking about it though has got me wanting to try it again tonight!

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
There's a dearth of WoW related griefing, most of which happened before all the patches when I started playing. My favorite from my limited tenure, though, took place in Duskwood/Darkshire, an alliance town where low level characters would commonly grind. The interesting thing about it, though, was that it was also the location of the Alliance flight path closest to Karazhan, an entry level raid for level 70 characters. Also, keep in mind this was an RP PVP server. :laugh:

Ghost Ride the Kodo, our FYAD PVP/grief guild, always wore PVP gear and had it before most PVEers. So we'd roll through Duskwood kiling everything in sight until everyone was sufficiently upset. Then we'd stroll into town (the level 60 guards were cake and we had resilience stacked anyway), perch up on a roof where no guards could get us, and start plinking away at lowbies waiting for a Kara raid to show up to "show these Horde faggots who's boss." Then we'd basically commence destroying, embarrassing, and generally infuriating these 70 characters who thought they were god's gift to WoW and could destroy anything. We'd have runs where we'd be there 2-3 hours, killing raids and effectively inhabiting the town, chasing 70s into neighboring Deadwind Pass, etc. until full PVP geared raids from major cities started showing up. Good times, basically the only fun I had in the game other than doing similar stuff elsewhere.

BoomtownRat
Mar 17, 2008

Noone Stops the Clockwork Orange
I was playing the Battle of Crete map on the German team on Forgotten Hope (fantastic mod) for BF1942. On the Battle of Crete map, much like in real life, the German team needs to get over to Crete by air. The only problem is they start with a single JU-52 transport plane which, while respawning rapidly, doesn't respawn when it's sitting in the runway, and can only carry six or so players as it is. This is a problem when you're playing a massive game with 20+ people on each side, all of which on the German team need to make it to the island as soon as possible.

One time the pilot of the JU-52 when the map had just started sat around and let everyone on the German team who didn't get inside clamber onto the wings, so we had about 10 or so people just sitting on the wings, and probably the good majority of our 20+ team just sitting in or on the JU-52. Now, to make it to the island you need to turn, so first he made a left turn, causing everyone on the left wing to fall into the ocean, who would then either take forever to make it back to land, or die from sitting in the water for too long. Now with only ~15 or so players on board, he didn't turn enough to make it to Crete, and instead flew off the map killing the rest of us when we went out of bounds.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Disappointing your teammate during 2v2 starcraft matches were the best, I remember I spent an entire game filling my base up with nothing but photon cannons while my teammate furiously tried to salvage what was left of his base as we got rushed.

Probably the best thing to happen to me during a game of starcraft was getting back stabbed by my teammate. I was massing battle cruisers as Terrans and he was Zerg. I hadn't been paying attention to him during our build up, but as soon as we both decided to attack, I notice he moved this largest mass of those zerg suicide bat things into my base and quickly proceeded to unally me and destroy everything I had built, it was hilarious.

I used to be a mod on a Counter Strike server and I used to have this ability to basically jedi grab people and lift them up. I used to pick people up during games and use them as human shields or on maps like awp_map, I would lift people up from across the level and toss them into the air. I definitely wasn't an admin for much longer.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Prince Reggie K posted:

Too bad it isn't like everquest where you could root someone underwater halfway across the ocean and they drowned and were unable to recover their corpse.

One of my favorite spots to grief people on WoW was the Well of Eternity under the World Tree in the Hyjal area (non-instanced). It required exploits to even get there in the first place, but it was always a treat to visit. Thus, it was easy to trick people into getting summoned there!

The Well was a beautiful griefing spot for a number of reasons:

1) In WOW, if you summon people from another zone/continent into a body of water, they spawn with zero breath left. This causes them to drown almost instantaneously after receiving the summons.

2) If you didn't know how to get there in the first place, there was no way to retrieve your corpse after you drowned; your ghost reappears in Winterspring, a full zone away.

3) It was loving deep. It took at least a few minutes to swim back to the surface of the well from the very bottom; unless you were a class that could breathe underwater (Shaman/Warlock/Druid), you were very likely to die without aid. Even if you spent the hour running back through Winterspring and into Hyjal to get your corpse, you couldn't swim back out without dying again.

4) It's an illegal area to be in. You can't ask a GM to help retrieve your corpse, really, because then you'll be caught in an area you're not supposed to be in.

Sadly, the only cost to the person you grief with this method was their gold. The only way to really get out of the situation is to do a Spirit Heal, which damages all items in your inventory and racks up a hefty repair bill. Oh, and I guess it wastes their time.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 27, 2008

The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training
Oh yes that does remind me. Company of Heroes as Infantry doctrine on US side.
You see boys and girls, mortars don't care if they land on friend or foe, they kill both just as readily. Now Infantry doctrine lets you build Howitzer cannons, and if you don't build ANYTHING else unit-wise you can have about 8 or 9 cannons in a 4-4 match. Your team-mates will throw a bitch-fit when they see their awesome base turned into the Moon in under 3 seconds, and with such a short reload time and all their tanks along the front line, all three can't really do a drat thing about it in time.

This also works if they amass a giant loving blob of tanks and infantry in preparation for a massive rush "Tut Tut, it looks like rain" was the last thing most those poor rangers ever read on all-chat.

There was another exploit (now fixed) Where you couldn't destroy a team-mates sandbags without a tank. Soooo at the start of a map you completely surround your team-mates base with 4 layers thick of sandbags, making it impossible for them to go anywhere, get resources, or fight back.

The demolitions guy in Battlefield 2 was the best griefing class in the entire game. (As per my video showed) Throw a C4 on the back propeller of a black-hawk and wait for it to take off with a full load of people, give it a few second aaaand confetti. This is also a great way to mark your territory. People know that it's YOUR attack helicopter when you throw a C4 on the canopy window when they hop in.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

John Edwards getting pwned in second life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48iIihmKSo4&eurl=http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Patriotic_Nigras

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A long time ago in World of Warcraft, Warriors used to be able to survive any fall in the game just by being in Defensive stance and 100% health.

You could jump off any cliff and land and live where rogue's wouldn't (they could survive falling longer distances than anyone). Admittedly Mages could blink before they landed, paladins could bubble, but height could be pretty much fatal to rogue's, druid's, other warriors who didn't think fast, hunters etc

Knowing this, my favourite griefing method ever was to invite same faction players to duel me specifically in Winterspring on the bridge that spanned over the Ice Giant pit leading to the Whispering Gorge. Next was to equip a Gnomish Mind Control Cap (helm graphics off) just as the duel timer is ticking down, this meant you'd need Engineering. Lastly, you MC the person and jump off the bridge with them while in defensive stance and break the MC as they follow you off the bridge. I used to do this a lot as a protection specced warrior, while I was limited to doing it every 30 minutes as per the cooldown on the cap, very few players could resist the challenge of dueling a prot specced warrior for gold on the winterspring bridge thinking it was easy money. When I landed, I'd use a tuber and a swiftness potion so I could escape the elites safely, being protection specced and in tank gear facilitated this a lot, while the other dude had to res with low health in an area that afforded next to no aggro spots to safely hearth out from or eat/drink & mount up from.

Guildenstern
Feb 22, 2005

by T. Finn

dAnni posted:

For those of us that play or used to play Ultima Online, we can always look back and remember the infamous stories of Belan, the noble looter.

http://www.askcorran.com/belan/episodes.html (stories told with pictures too)

quote:

Another awesome UO griefer was Galad, who did a similar style as Belan.
http://looterslair.com/ just click "episodes" on the lefthand side. Picking on the "Azns" was a common thing to do to pass the time, as they would join US servers since they didn't have any of their own until one point. It led to some great exchanges despite the language barriers.

Brings back memories, I haven't had nearly as much fun in any MMO after UO as I did in that game stealing boats and silver vanqs all the time.

Holy poo poo that brought back memories. Has it really been that many years?

Being part of the looter culture in UO was fantastic. The Galads (both the original two and Neutral), Belan, The Secret Gimp and so on, all the legends of looting... Seriously, best griefing ever, it was awesome watching all the trammies get into helpless rages about losing their stuff. Especially if you looted with style like they did.

Man, I miss UO so much. I've fallen out of touch with all but one of my ingame crew too :(

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Second life was too funny for griefing. I made some invisible nukes and got a friend to place them in a bunch of clubs, then detonate them. Showers of people flew out of the doors of the clubs and into the rest of the area. It was hilarious. I also had a gun that shot expanding sticky foam balls, which you could plug up doors with. I built a giant fort out of expanding foam balls on top of someone's house.

I got some kind of weird omni-tool thing, and one of them was a lock on thing that would connect your omni tool thing to anyone you specified with some weird particle beam. It didn't actually do anything, I guess it was for finding people. But where it locked on to them was the groin. So you'd have a red particle beam shooting out from your thing and into their crotch. Naturally I followed people around for ages saying I was sterilising them. Some people got remarkably angry about it.
Maybe the most bizarre thing i witnessed was someone building a gigantic refrigerator beside a mansion someone had bought with real dollars.
It was nothing short of a war.
I don't know who created the Spongebob Gun but it was awesome and caused me to be banned from SL :3:

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Funso Banjo posted:

I make do with EVE, where ore theft is not particularly profitable but gets you amazing tells as a reward.

Stealing ore is hilarious. Originally, the miners had no recourse at all, and just had to sit there like patsies while you stole it again and again. Eventually, CCP changed it so that when you stole it, the miners could legally attack you for 10 minutes after you stole their poo poo. Pretty soon miners were all bristling with guns and drones. Sounds like the end of that easy ride, right?

Well, I took my ore-stealing hauler (usually considered free kills, haulers are flimsy, slow, flying deathtraps whose only redeeming feature is the large amount of ore they can fit) and put the godliest tank possible on it. I'm talking dual T2 small reps, hardeners out the rear end. A cap injector, two webs, and a warp scrambler. I then put whatever advanced weaponry would fit to finish it off.

I would steal the ore of dipshit high-sec miners who probably chuckled to themselves at my idiocy, getting a boner at the idea of finally killing one of the ore stealing bastards who had been tormenting them for the past 6 months. They warp scrambled me and sent out their drones. The drones went down in a few seconds, then I turned my guns on the incredulous miners. There was no escape. Not only did I steal their ore, I destroyed their multi-million credit mining barge and took a poo poo on their pride. Then I looted the strip mining lasers from the wrecks and sold it back to the poor bastards.

EVE Online: A Family Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

theprofessor posted:

Awesome article about Goon griefers in Wired, of all places:

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/16-02/mf_goons
Haha god what a poorly written article. Not that I expect anything less from the publication idolizing eric bauman

• Locked thread