Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

To be honest, it's basically Internet 101 not to out personally identifiable information like your name, city, or whatever online.

As someone that has been doxxed before, it sucks, but it was my fault for not following basic knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
haha victim blaming

my fault that these weird people felt like they had to find my personal info

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I find it hilarious you guys are having a serious discussion while two of your member's members are just hanging out in the open for everyone to see and you guys are discussing protecting someone's identity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Close the thread for real this time.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
It's strange that this happens whenever this thread gets more than like20 posts in week

Think it's time to put it out to pasture

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

this thread was doing so well after mod intervention, now it's the simpsons, time to let it die

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 7, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
good night, thread

we had some bad times, but we also had a lot of good times and im glad i was here for them

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

haha victim blaming

my fault that these weird people felt like they had to find my personal info

I thought it was pretty funny

Eonwe posted:

i totally didn't put a lot of work into doxxing those people, i just looked up their IRL stuff on the internet, photoshopped it into a wanted poster, posted it in game, and then took a video of myself looking at it

These things are easy to do if you aren't an imbicile

screencapping somebodys public steam is not doxxing christ

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Willfrey posted:

Except that's not what they did, they went to their social media accounts. Linked through Steam or not it's still lovely.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Willfrey posted:

Cal Worthington posted:

The goon clan has been doxxing folks
:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Night, everybody!

• Locked thread