Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...
I just uploaded this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mrEnpyHSM

It's a video I made three or so years ago when Zul Gurub came out in WoW. Basically, there was a glitch involving the last boss and a debuff that allowed you to kill members of your own faction. People were pretty irate considering it didn't actually cost them anything but a 30 second walk back when they died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

100%BEEF posted:

Adter reading all the great creative ways to grief people, a group of people crashing tf2 servers by spamming the flare gun exploit sounds really loving pathetic.

Can't you see the difference between creative griefing and just being a lowest common denominator dickhead? Where is your pride?
They like to live vicariously. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Jetsetlemming posted:

I tried out the WoW trial this morning. Started a new character, watched the useless cinematic, did the quests in the starting area.

There was no griefing, almost no stupid behavior, almost no chat spam. People were actually helping one another at no gain to their own, casting buffing spells, casting one off attack spells to weaken monsters for other characters to finish off, etc. I tested with my own "heal target" spell to see if you gained XP or something for it, some ulterior motive, but nope.

Strange stuff. Maybe it's because these were new characters, not yet jaded by the dark waters of the internet yet.
It seems you can't even kill steal. Whomever was actively engaged with the monster the longest/did most damage/something gets the XP and loot rights to it, no matter who finishes it. I had monsters killed for me once or twice to no effect by other people.
People in WoW are generally very, very trusting. Guilds frequently run instances with FFA loot on, or at least, they did when I used to play. It's grief-friendly in the sense that nobody really expects it.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...
Yeah, a couple friends and I would draw completely irrelevant things in Inklink, which is Shockwave's Pictionary. It's especially funny when you go into the "expert" level rooms and get asked to draw ridiculous things like "intuition." There's nothing quite like drawing Hitler fending off the allies with Swastika-shaped shurukins and getting real guesses like "absurdity."

• Locked thread