Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
You are a horrible horrible person.

Though i love kneecapping stupid people with a rifle butt in Red Orchestra when they're trying to sprint for an objective under fire. And asking people with SSPANZERDIVISION LOL in their username about whether or not they are a nazi.
I don't grief for the hell of it, but sometimes it is just too hilarious not to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

The trivia bit was beautiful.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Second life was too funny for griefing. I made some invisible nukes and got a friend to place them in a bunch of clubs, then detonate them. Showers of people flew out of the doors of the clubs and into the rest of the area. It was hilarious. I also had a gun that shot expanding sticky foam balls, which you could plug up doors with. I built a giant fort out of expanding foam balls on top of someone's house.

I got some kind of weird omni-tool thing, and one of them was a lock on thing that would connect your omni tool thing to anyone you specified with some weird particle beam. It didn't actually do anything, I guess it was for finding people. But where it locked on to them was the groin. So you'd have a red particle beam shooting out from your thing and into their crotch. Naturally I followed people around for ages saying I was sterilising them. Some people got remarkably angry about it.
Maybe the most bizarre thing i witnessed was someone building a gigantic refrigerator beside a mansion someone had bought with real dollars.
It was nothing short of a war.
I don't know who created the Spongebob Gun but it was awesome and caused me to be banned from SL :3:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1364177/is_that_a_butthole/
What is that? A butthole? EEEEEEEWWWWW!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

artvandalay posted:

I didn't see the SA goons versus the dating game mentioned: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/feature-articles/sa-forum-goons.php
Hooooly poo poo

:laffo:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

When i tried Second Life some guy just gave me a "lolgun"

It shot a self-replicating cube adorned with Spongebob and it made the most incredibly annoying sound. It crashed the whole sim and i was banned soon afterwards :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

I don't know if anyone's talked about Mechwarrior Online yet.

The average player is staggeringly stupid, so someone figured out that the old "Tell people ALT and F4 does something cool" trick works like a charm. When pubbies started whining at the official forums about this, goons went into overdrive.
Every time someone disconnected after a helpful goon told him that ALT F4 toggles third person mode, we added it into a list. In a few short months we collected over a thousand names, and the developers announced that lying to make people disconnect was in fact bannable.

Then this happened:

Quickly followed by this:

It is a neverending font of grognard tears.

• Locked thread