Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. I've got a few stories.

City of Heroes
I only played this for a very short while. The pvp system is kind of dumb, and after having played WoW and gotten used to that style of fighting, CoH was a drastic change of pace. I made a Kinetics Defender, who have this nifty ability to repel their enemies comically away. So I felt it was appropriate to help the poor noobies out by having this "get away from me" aura on and run into a group of mobs that someone was fighting only to have the mobs almost explode away from the player trying to kill them. If they were fighting against a wall, I'd trap the mobs against the wall with the aura causing them to spaz out dramatically.

And of course, you had to do the typical teleport someone to the top of the map and have them fall to their death. I haven't logged onto my account in years. Last time I did I still had the original Drek mission. Instead of the timed one that they implemented.

Halo 3
This game was great when I played it. Looking back, I don't know why I decided to play this as compared to CoD4. My friend "Spaz" and I routinely played and for the sole reason to grief other people. I think the more memorable was we played "HALP!" which consisted of us going into Big Team Battle and tagging our teammates slightly while they were getting shot at to knock their shields down so that they would die faster. Eventually people would get made enough at us that they would kill us. Bungie made a great system trying to prevent TK's enabling you to boot the person that killed you. So, Spaz and I would work on kicking everyone off the map except for us. We would then do choreographed ATV (I forget what the little 4 wheelers are called) dances in the center of the map until the other team killed us enough for them to win.

Another thing that was kind of fun was Spaz would get on the Banshee (or whatever the flying one is called) and I would jump on it's wing with a sniper rifle and rockets in tow. If you are really careful, you can fly around the top of the map while someone is standing on the top/wing of the plane and shoot players down at the bottom of the map.

If we got really bored we would try to get on different teams and share a vehicle together running over anyone in our way. If we were on a big map, we would have elephant races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Catsworth posted:

Just wanted to point out that falling has never actually killed someone in City of Heroes, it only drops them to 1 HP. In order to die they'd have to land close to a mob and have that kill them. :v:

I'm not gonna let them fall onto safe ground. What would be the point of doing it at all if they survived? ;)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

One of the things I enjoyed doing in WoW was play simon says with lowbies instead of out right ganking them. I would emote a command and then point to them. If they didn't copy it I would kill them. Camp them until they rezed, stopped them, and then tried again. Some people would eventually figure it out and play along. And I would leave them alone. You see, I play on a real server, I never understood why people love PvE servers so much.

I have always been a large partaker in world pvp. Back in Vanilla, I was one of the top geared DW Fury warriors on my server (I think only one person out geared me alliance side, and he had a TF). Unlike most of my guild, I played to have fun. This involved me getting shitfaced during raids and the like. Like most guilds the leader was a douche, so me and a few other select friends would play a drinking game. The rules were simple. If the Guild Leader calls out your name in vent for doing something stupid, the rest of the group had to drink.

Back when BWL was the make or break raid instance (which we had on farm) I effectively caused this man enough pain and suffering to leave the game. I Dps'd regularly in mock costumes (like the scarlet crusade set that you get from SM, that had the axe and a macro to scream 'BLADES OF LIGHT' like Herod). Would pull random trash mobs into the group while the leader was afk or explaining a fight. I was constantly telling 'inappropriate' stories and interrupting him to do so when he talked in vent. The drinking buds and I also would randomly quack "Wah!" when he complained or did anything remotely like whining over vent. But the creme de la creme went to a mage in the guild (who was his roommate). We offered him 300 Gold (Vanilla Gold) to slap him in the face over vent. So, he giggled, and we heard "Hey Justin!" *WHAP!* "That was for CANADA!"

Needless to say he got paid his dues. As for the guild leader, he left vent one day aft TBC dropped saying "I'm going to make a sandwich and think about my life." The next time I saw him on was around 6 months later.

I had the best time griefing in CS 1.6 though. I'll post some stories up here soon.

TL;DR - Guild Leader was a douche and got slapped over vent, and later said that he need to think about his life over a sandwich and quit wow.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

If anything this dude came out of it on top (he stopped playing World of Warcraft (unlike you)).

I don't play anymore.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MotU posted:

didn't you just sign up for a raid on saturday?
That was a few weeks ago when I had time to play.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CS Griefing Me being a complete douche bag

Corner game:My friend "Rawr" introduced me to CS, and essentially how to grief. We'd play a game wherein if you weren't a regular on our server (AwesomeCS RIP) Rawr and myself would follow you until you were in a corner of some sorts, and trap you there by running up against you. We would stay here all round asking math questions to the person trapped. One of the admins (If he was on) would rename you "Dunce."

Hostage:Some of the time I would pick T side, and change my name to "Hostage." I would then kill a hostage and stand in it's place with knife out. Most people shot me outright, but a few actually stopped, and activated me, which prompted me to follow them. I had kill bound to a key (because I played another game that used it) and when I reached the safe zone, I would kill myself to act out them securing a hostage. What's best is when 3 other people on my team played.

close but not enough:Rawr taught me this game. Essentially you would bind kill to a key or mouse button. You would then run around the map trying to get shot at. Before you actually died, you would kill yourself. You got bonus points for however closer you were to the target before dying. Pubbies really hated this one. Too many people care about their stats on a server they'll never play on again.

Sonic the Hedgehog:I had HLSS like every other rear end in a top hat in the game. What I used to do was change my name to Sonic, and start playing the in game sound files for it. So whenever I jumped, I would play the jump sound, whenever I got shot I played the lost rings sound. On the very last round of the map I tended to play the boss' theme music.
Radio Free CS:I would go into random servers with a list of songs set to play. I would then generally act out being a DJ on some radio program and play very bad songs. Not necessarily to the ear (I edited the songs so that they would play properly through CS and not with any distortion. Songs included :"It's Raining men" "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" "Yakity Sax" "Get Down Tonight" "funky Town" and other various odd balls like "Tip Toe Through the Tulips" and "Ultimate showdown of Ultimate Destiny." I would generally play the music with a flow in introducing the songs and having my own lil wacky thing introducing me with sound effects and everything (like you would hear on the Bob and Tom show or something to that effect). I've received many a threats for bodily harm from this.

The server I played on was generally pretty fun. The admin would generally have slap wars with each other, or slap themselves into hard to reach places that you couldn't get to on your own.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zoolooman posted:

See, now that's griefing. Telling some dude to actually slap a nerd for money isn't.

I guess it was one of those "You had to be there/know the guy" stories. It was talked about for a while in the guild, even the leader had a laugh at it later. I honestly made it sound more malevolent than it actually was. I'm not that great of a story teller. heh.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sonseray posted:

Here you go.

I never gave this a shot, and I'm not sure why I didn't. The Gyrating was great but the other smaller bits in the video (THIS HOT TUB IS TOO HOT!) and at the end where that girl walks up to the mid-life crisis woman says something like "Wanna smell my peach?" and "Wakka wakka" in a child's voice and then just walks off had me in fits.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My new favorite thing to do in MW is join a Hardcore SnD with 3 stuns as my first perk (instead of the token RPGs). I stun everyone as soon as the round starts, and keep them there until all my stuns are gone. When I throw my last one, throw my nade at everyone's feet, wait for it to blow up and hope my martyrdom kills anyone else left standing.

Stunning them gives them a small glimmer of hope that they won't get teamkilled.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Puistokemisti posted:

That little icon blinking on top of someone's head is enough to drive most pubbies into suicidical fury.
People will drop out of groups and eat Deserter debuff rather than have a green triangle on top of their head, or try to start a witchhunt and randomly kick players.
Not to mention what happens when someone's carefully assigned target icons start bouncing all across the group.

Pretty much this. Back when I played I used to make it a point to try to get raid assist or something from anyone in the BG's or WG. I have been given threats to hack my account, reported numerous times ("supposedly"), and even had a few angry children come to my server to make a level 1 just to continue to yell at me. It's an awesome mod, though I used BGIcons. Doing it on heroics is great. Doing it in Pubbie raids because you are off tanking and can is great too.

I think the best were the rogues who thought that the enemy could see this ever changing icon over their head.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

co199 posted:

Am I jumpin' around all hibbity bibbity, swinging from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer?

CHICKEN FUCKER!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Soth posted:

http://t3chh3lp.com/blog/2010/1/17/video-modern-warfare-2-insane-custom-kit-exploit-100-kills.html

So I'm sure there's plenty of ways to annoy the poo poo out of people with this loadout.
That's not really new. Plus he's using a F2000 which is the worst weapon in the game, even though his predator missile and chopper gunner are CHUCK NORRIS ENHANCED!

Duncan was one of the first people I know to actually use this. He single handedly destroyed the other team on rundown while the rest of our team were giggling like retards. The Modern Goonfare 2 group quickly adapted.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is that actually a thing or is he just being annoying?

I hope this isn't a serious question.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They patched the Akimbo 1887's. The single 1887 is still pretty nasty, but back when MW2 first came out akimbo 1887's were pretty much unstoppable on a good player. Then there was the Jav glitch, which was hilarious. Then there was the respawning of carepackage grenades. And currently, MW2 suffers from akimbo G18s (the crosshairs are noticeably smaller than regular akimbo weapons) and Care Package Knifing. That style of knifing kept me playing for a little bit, but the overall game play was nothing like MW1 was.

In the short time line that MW2 has been out, the gently caress ups compared to the successes of the launch is catastrophic.

And the chuck norris reference was because the narrator of the video is a trendy human being. There is nothing you do that enhances anything in that game. Save what perks you choose.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Tenacious J posted:

I said it before, no one listened, I'll say it one more time. The best griefing to be had these days is in MW2. Just stand in doorways, or tight alleys lying down. It blocks your team and causes a disproportionate amount of rage.

Really, its ALARMING how angry people get about this.

Having military training to where if someone stands in a door way like that, you take him down (non lethally), it can get frustrating.

And them taking out CPKing furthers the fact that I will almost never come back to that game.

It's sad, because "everything is working as intended" meant MW2 was going to let CPK go on for a while.

I can't believe I bought that game...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Singling out one person and trying to ruin their life via videogames is so much fun, sometimes it hurts. I loved doing this in WoW, making a "friend" on the horde side, then following him around with a capped character, emoting /love /cheer and killing all the other lowbies. Being a druid, I could follow him into towns and still rape all the other low lever characters. Sometimes they would get cocky and follow groups around, then sick me on them.

Enter 3-hour Hillsbrad Free-for-alls. I like to think of it like this:

My enjoyment = E
Their annoyance = A
Number of inconvenienced players = X
Ax=E

This is probably one of the few things I miss about WoW. Back in vanilla it was the world pvp spot. I loved ganking there mercilessly waiting for people to hop on their 60's to come and intervene. Man those were some fun times.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My dad actually used to wake me up in the middle of the night when I was about 6 or 7. He'd get me to go into the living room and play video games with him. It was pretty cool, and looking back I think that's where a lot of my Nintendo nostalgia comes from. Playing Mario, Excitebike, and Duck Hunt with the old man at 2 am when my brother and sister were still asleep I guess helped develop my love for video games as well as having that connection with my father. We had a Genesis as well.

Of course this all stopped as soon as I started beating him. I tried to get him to play some games not to long ago with me, and he flat out refused.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Heintron posted:

The mw2 thread is turning into a trainwreck

MW2 is a train wreck. Now goons are cheating and a few got VAC banned.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That reminded me of something actually. Back in Vanilla, there was this guy who would be sitting in IF offering his services of "the baddest assest guitarist guy" in exchange for gold. I talked to him out of sheer boredom (and inebriation) one night and got him to come onto vent to sing a song. The song was barbie girl, and it was during our first attempt at killing Nef. The guild leader was too busy trying to coordinate and one shot this guy to pop over to vent to mute him. Que vent leader freaking out and screaming at everyone to be quiet. I had never heard a grown man cry over a video game until that day.

I ended up paying him a hundred gold or so to go around and do that to a few other people's vents. Not the most hilarious, but looking back, I really hated my guild leader. He was the type of guy that would put friends in raids over people who show up on time, repaired, geared/reagented and comitted and kick out regular raiders to get that friend in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I was debating picking up GMOD. Now I might.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress it, bought it. I spend 10 bucks on more worthless poo poo.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Soulex13 add me to group.

I got a server currently up and chilling. Noone plays in it, who knows. If I like this thing, I might switch over and dedicate one here.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never met a more paranoid group of people in my life. It's fun to just randomly kill people.

I blocked a few people in a room and refused to let them out until they killed each other.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You don't even have to try. It's amazing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well I did my patriotic duty and got banned. Gag/mute doesn't work for admin chat. Binding a key to "You're a loving human being" and spamming them will eventually net you a ban when they get tired of reading it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Aerobic Robot posted:

New GoronCity. gently caress year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORmuUQlHqg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes these. I saw Fockbox exploiting that TF2 glitch on a server I frequent. It was pretty cool.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Could his paper be seen as the biggest grief of them all? I mean, this person was so appalled by the "SA Goons" that he wrote a loving paper on us/griefing. Also, when the gently caress can you kill players and steal their property in WoW? I'll get back into it if I can do that.

I'm counting it as a win in my book. Man was obviously griefed more than once.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Notinghamington posted:

Um... what is TTT?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3299908

On the last page even.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's the equivilant to watching a jackass on the street bang a can of soda on the ground because he doesn't know how to open it.

I played wow a lot back before I realized being sober is not a good way to enjoy the game. Moments like he mentioned are pretty rare, unless you have an epidemic of stupid people who don't realize that there are 3 different ways out of that blasted canyon.

I've spent many hours griefing people who thought that my little lowbie character warranted a killing. Its essentially like playing an FPS and the person sucks so bad that you find new and interesting ways of killing someone.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

There was also an engineering trinket that let you do this as well. Brown Rabbits looked like the little critters running around and didn't have a player name underneath to my recollection.

The video starts of small but I found one of it being used in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDmofvQrzw It starts slow, but around the 1 minute mark you see more consistantly where this could keep people entertained.

Much like this and the story of Lucky Strike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=3HNef5jAeQc Only this time, it's sheep.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lincolnstein posted:

This is incredible.

No. No it's not. Kids who speak higher than thety need to in an attempt to be funny is not funny at all.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Couldn't make it past the adolesecent singing. Let's give it another go then.

Edit: Nope, his voice is like a taking a cheese grater to my brain. The game stop bit was mildly funny. Everything else "Im drinking soda and it's past my bedtime" just didn't strike me as funny at all. Watched it from start to go, and it's just not that good. Compared to most of the other griefing done in this thread, it doesn't do justice.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 9, 2010

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Dizz posted:

Hot Girl Backstabbing

Some fresh grief for this stale thread

Why hadn't I thought of this before?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So, with MBA, you can't just run people over with the rovers?

What about doing a "circling of the wagons" so to speak. Enclosing some kids so they are stuck there.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lallander posted:

All of the stories I see about UO lead me to believe it was the best griefing game ever created.
If you have more like these do share please.

I concur. I watched my friend play this and essentially scoffed at it (pft, I get those graphics on my Playstation). Looking back I wish I could have picked it up and drank from the well of pubbie tears.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Category Fun! posted:

I've been playing Halo 3 again recently and I came across a wonderful way to piss people off. In CTF matches, people who take the flag tend to drop it and pick it up again as they run with it. Since you walk slower with the flag and dropping the flag throws it about a foot in front of you, doing this will make you move slightly faster. The downside is that the announcer will constantly repeat "FLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDFFLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPED". I was getting pretty sick of this, so when someone was running the flag back to our base and dropped it, I picked it up before he did. Dude started screaming at me, I guess he was really looking forward to capturing that flag!

Teammates also don't like it when you get on a mongoose and start racing around the map (particularly your spawn so they can see you) making race car noises.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

poop posted:

Looks like there is a sequel to that moonbase video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8uLT_EIJjs

Why is this poo poo so goddamn funny to me...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Murder Mystery posted:

To be fair, mutata explained everything else pretty well.

I get what he's saying. I have never played UO but love the stories. I have to be dependent on the writer to explain things in detail. I understand WoW speak because I used to be an addict, but others wouldn't get the acronyms. DPS, TPS, TOC, UBRS, WTS/WTB, and so on. It should be a common courtesy much like proper punctuation and capitalization.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Right when I thought this thread died, it gets kicked back to life with a great way of griefing in TF2.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaBKGoasjGI

I did this essentially with my Nelf Hunter. Shadowmeld up top so when alliance got pushed back to the original spawn (9-10 times they did) I'd unleash snowballs and do the above. It unleashed a world of fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cbouncerrun posted:

No in fact that's the original AV snowball. People were raging over the forums so they changed it to the non-knockback kind. Also I believe the new ones have a cooldown as well.

Yeah, there was no reason to play AV after this pretty much. Even when they changed it to when you could knock off enemy players it just wasn't as fun...I think admins had my name memorized on my server. Someone was speaking to me almost every other day about language, "harassment" , exploiting some glitch or some other menial bullshit. I find it ironic that someone can report you for language and yet they don't utilize the language filter built into the UI.

Yeah, I got griefed by soccer moms.

• Locked thread