Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Garrysmod's wire expression gates are fantastic for this.

there's this admin mod that allows you to do stuff through basic console commands, and there's an expression gate command that allows you to execute console commands.

I was building, and getting pestered by some low-grade admin jerkoff. On this server there are typically three levels of admin. Super admin, Admin, and Operator. The Operators get the power of kick, and that's about it - and this guy was being a real moron. On the server was a supposed "wire expert" who was running around wildly trying to help people.

So I build a gate with the following code

Output: Null
Line1: interval(20)
Line2: clk() -> concommand('ulx slay stupidjerkoff');

and spawn it and say "aw man, my chip doesn't work. Hey (actual admin admin), can you help me out here?" So toddles over, dupes the chip, and then spawns it.

Cue the repeat slaying of the fucktard low-grade admin. The game racked up just over five hundred slays in the span of maybe three seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Machismo posted:

I really don't understand what you are describing? Wiremod? What? Explain this so more, please.

I understand that when the actual admin cloned the item, it got all the rights from his level, correct? So it was able to slay the jerk admin?
just being a base user on the server, I don't get to slay people. For obvious reasons. The gate says, "ok, every 20 milliseconds, I'm going to type in console ulx slay jerkoff", and my console tells me, "no you can't do that you're not an admin doofus".

The admin does. So it just appears like I'm asking for help with something innocuous, he dupes it, and it executes the commands on his console.

He has the ability to slay people with ulx, so the gate says "ok, every 20 milliseconds, I'm going to type in console ulx slay jerkoff." and his console says "ok! consider that guy slayed!" An interesting feature of slay is that when someone is dead, and is ulx slay-ed again, they respawn and then get slayed on the same spot. Their ragdoll does a little dance as the server tries to keep up with hundreds of admin commands all coming at it at once.

That isn't the limit of what you can do with concommand - it could've been worse. I could've stripped everyone of their rank, banned everyone from the server permanently, unbound the tilde key on everyone's keyboard... the possibilities are endless.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

MiF posted:

Of course, all this led to hilarious amounts of seperate drama. If there's interest, I can post more about subjects such as The Suicidal Midget, The Blind Menace, Joe's 15-Year Old Stalker and Kitty The Fat Vampire.
Please do, these sorts of stories are fantastic.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Soulpudding posted:

Long story short: Took over a newbie zone, forced loyalty oaths, forced newbies to kill each other, eventually hailed as protectors and saviours for our racket.
I love dual purpose things like this. It's griefing, but in the end the "victims" end up becoming better people because of it.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

m2pt5 posted:

Go to what, look for the giant spider sign with a huge arrow under it.

Spawning explosive props with the prop spawner does indeed work. (Barrels or propane tanks from Episode 2.) However, you should add a turret to the same control as the spawner to set the barrel on fire so it explodes properly.
If you use the ignite tool and light the prop spawner on fire, 90% of the props spawned by it are on fire and will explode.

from there you just use a wire forcer to throw the barrel. Voila, rudimentary cannon.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sanctum posted:

WALLS
Much in the same vein, a lot of servers have noclip enabled, but the ability to fly through other players props is removed. On a map like gm_flatgrass, it's really easy to trap other players with simple cages, etc.

I took it one step further. I'm an OK builder, so I dressed up the construction with some doodads like an elevator and some pipes. It was simply amazing watching people for a good thirty minutes think to themselves "Ok ok, how do I get out. There's got to be a way." instead of instantly realizing that someone just trapped them.

Pictures:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

coyo7e posted:

"Hush": Originally started as "wouldn't it be awesome if our entire team used silencers?" The "Hush" mode of play grew quickly in popularity and complexity, eventually coming to encompass the entire team of goons (mostly) using a Silencer, UAV Jammer, and possibly Dead Silence perks. I can perasonally verify that a team decked out like this is loving IMPOSSIBLE to deal with, as I've come ..into some games on the wrong team, and got my rear end royally handed to me while the pubbies on my team cried tears of "Why are NONE of them showing up on my radar!?"

Eventually, Hush (also known as "Team Shush") mode became a game of hide and seek, culminating in the entire goon team putting on Radar Jammers and Ghilly Suits and hiding in bushes and tall grass, since the ghilly suit effectively makes you invisible if you don't move at all.. For the entire game. Rules are simple: Don't get found, last one hiding wins. We've had our entire group of goons lying in the grass listening to the other team's voice chatter, and literally had people from the other team stepping on us and walking through our entire team, while asking "Where the gently caress did they all go!?"
This type of hilarity makes me want to actually play COD4 Multiplayer. I own CoD4, I just can't stand the community behind it.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

The_White_Crane posted:

For me, it's about the art of griefing.

Anyone can shoot all their teammates in the back, or jump off a cliff, but it takes luck and skill to lure an ally into a small room with the Witch, and watch through the glass panel in the door as it slowly rises up behind them while they frantically try and open the door which you keep slamming in their face and ohgoditsonitsfeetandAAARRRRGGHHHHH!
Yes, exactly this. I cannot count the number of times I've completely ignored and run past a witch, to let a teammate following get ripped apart by her when she gets up.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
there's plenty of NORMAL garrysmod servers to grief on too. We have a thread for the goon servers for Garrysmod here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3200361&pagenumber=11#pti38

we used to do pubbie RP invasions and poo poo like that.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ephrum posted:

That's why I never did it personally, just lovingly craft items that make use of the soundclips.

One night I made a go-kart that made various sexual grunts and groans instead of engine noises and drove it around a busy racing sim.
that's fuckin' awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Just blowing people up in GMOD is kind of lame as a "Grief". I managed to get an entire server to voteban me for just building.

What I do these days is go to a player and watch what they are building, and then I copy it prop by prop. They look over from time to time, but eventually flip their poo poo, as I'm "duplicating" their contraption.

• Locked thread