Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Space Jump
Oct 18, 2005
Rupture-er of Spleens
How convenient! I played Go a bit in high school, mainly against people I knew at the time shortly after I taught them the rules. It's been several years and I hadn't played at all until recently when I decided to get back into it. I'm on KGS under the name "ryanodine", but with only four games total played on the server (three against bots, I'm a 21k? right now). Haven't checked out the SA room yet but maybe I will sometime.

I can also vouch for Yellow Mountain Imports. I just recently ordered a complete game set from them and everything went smoothly. Their customer service is amazing and fast: they sent me more stones when my set was a few short (less than an hour after I e-mailed about it) and when my board arrived with some minor manufacturing defects, they mailed me a new one and told me to keep the first. (I suppose I'll have to buy a second set of stones and bowls to go with it.) They also have an e-bay page where you can buy superficially damaged merchandise at very low prices.

Glad to see a thread about this go up. I'd been doubtful about the presence of a SA Go community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Space Jump
Oct 18, 2005
Rupture-er of Spleens

qxan posted:

No, the slot doesn't give me a problem. Remind me to take a picture of the reason it was a hundred dollars off if you ever want a good laugh. The smallest break I have ever seen.

By the way, if I wanted to buy some cheap cute lil' appropriately sized stones, how much would that run me?

In case someone hasn't told you this yet, your problem is that you bought a Japanese sized board with Chinese style stones. The one-sided Chinese stones are slightly wider than the double-sided Japanese stones. That's why some board retailers offer boards in either Chinese or Japanese sizing.

I bought a set of ING stones with plastic bowls a while back from Yutopian, the total was about $30 including shipping. Some people say that don't like them but they seem fine to me.

One Space Jump fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 15, 2009