Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Personally, I feel that the idea that you should own more stocks at an early age is a byproduct of the 1980-2008 bull market making everyone gush about equity. I keep a 50/50 split in my retirement accounts between VT/BND and then forget about it.

I would have to disagree. Asset allocation research goes back to the early 20th century and the average annual return for stocks has been higher than bonds even well before the 80's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

abagofcheetos posted:

Vanguard ETFs are now free to trade with a Vanguard brokerage account.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/insights/article/commissions-05042010

Those $7 and $2 trades are a flat rate whether you place the order online or over the phone with a broker. No more $40 premium ot place an order with a broker on the phone!