Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion Mini-Mafia is a 13-player mini-game that will launch on the 10th. It's based around a twist on the night phase: instead of targeting players, you target one of a few locations to do your night stuff at. I'm taking 4 more reserve spots so PM me if you're interested in one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bad news bears, Seedy Mansion is unforunately being postponed for a bit. I'm going out of town to a wedding reception for my cousin and will probably be gone for a few days. Once I get back it'll launch. I've still got spots so feel free to PM me for one!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion is going to be all pre-signups now. I want an active game and won't launch it until I have 13 players that I know will be active. Right now I have 4 so sign up!!!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've got all three of you signed up!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion is full and ready to go! The thread will go up tomorrow.

Players
1) Illandir
2) KilGrey
3) Old Man Fancington
4) fitsfadda
5) Squiggly
6) Meshakhad
7) goatrevolt
8) Capsaicin
9) Zom Aur
10) goatrevolt
11) Naet
12) Garbageman
13) Nybble

Replacements:
---

If you asked for a spot and aren't on the list, please PM/IM me and I'll see what I can do.

If you can't play in this game for whatever reason but are on the list, please PM/IM me about that too!

Finally, if you are interested in co-modding this fairly complicated game, uh, PM/IM me and we'll talk tomorrow.

update: congratulations KilGrey you get kingcobweb's spot!!

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 29, 2008

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Seedy Mansion Mini-Mafia is up! If you want to be a replacement or a co-mod, please contact me over AIM/PM.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm looking for one replacement for Seedy Mansion Mimi-Mafia (possibly another one as well). If you're interested, please contact me over AIM: SAninthlayer, or PM me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still need a replacement for Seedy Mansion. It's a short game and promises to be interesting so please contact me and get in it!!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

As soon as I get the specifics worked out, I'm going to run Mafia: The Council in GBS. The setup is experimental and this is roughly what it will look like:

- 21 players total
--- 3 Councilors
--- 6 Mafia members
--- 11 Vanilla Townies

- Councilors are randomly selected townies. They hold their position indefinitely until they die, at which point they are replaced by another random town member. Councilors cannot claim their role at any time or even suggest they have the role, similar to how the Kingmaker role works.

- Each night, each Councilor will send me another player's name. The three players selected by these Councilors will be the only people who can be lynched the next day. Ideally your Councilors will be picking and making cases on the scummiest three people. This is similar to the duel system used in games like Legends of the Hidden Temple.

- During the night, the Mafia may choose which of the remaining players to kill. They may only kill one of these two players. The third player will live through the night and cannot be nominated until the following day.

- If a Councilor ever claims his role in the thread or even hints that he is a Councilor, he will immediately be killed by assassins. The day will end immediately so that senior Council members can appoint another player to the Council.

That's basically the setup. I'm considering adding in a few surprise roles but this will basically be it.

This game is made for GBS and therefore I will 1) only be taking new players and 2) not take any advance signups. I'll announce in advance when this game is going up. I'm also looking for a co-mod to help me manage this game, do votecounts etc. that I get lazy with. Please PM me or IM me (SAninthlayer) if you are interested.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 18, 2008

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

windshipper posted:

You say the councilors can pick someone to join them on the council if a councilor is killed. Does this allow the scum to become member of the council then?

That bit was for flavor, Councilors will work almost exactly like Kingmakers in that they are always townies but cannot confirm themselves in the thread.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

KilGrey posted:

I think this sounds really interesting but I don't know how well it would run in GBS. Partially because I want to play in it. :colbert:

Yeah I considered doing it for my spot in the queue but I have a few other ideas for that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mafia: The Council has a tentative launch date of Monday at 6PM Pacific on GBS. Keep an eye out for it!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Mafia: The Council has a tentative launch date of Monday at 6PM Pacific on GBS. Keep an eye out for it!

poo poo came up so this is moved to Thursday at 6PM.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mafia: The Council is accepting signups from players that are new to Mafia or have very little experience with it. If you want to join, go in the thread and post!

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 5, 2008

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

House Mafia will go up at approx. 6PM pst today. Some people have requested spots, first-come-first-serve for the rest.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

House M.D. Mini-Mafia is up!!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

NBA Finals Mini-Mafia is recruiting!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Boxing Mini-Mafia is up! It's a nightless, open setup game for 11 players and uses a one-on-one fighting mechanic. Should be quick and fun.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 21, 2010

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Boxing Mini-Mafia has ended in a TOWN VICTORY!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Legends of the Hidden Temple III is accepting sign-ups!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Legends of the Hidden Temple III has ended in a --- Adventurer --- victory!!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Olmec Returns! Legends of the Hidden Temple IV is up for signups.

Spots going fast so act now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Viet Nam Mafia is now up and open for signups. If you PM'ed me or expressed interest in playing within this thread, please make sure you confirm your spot!

Features:
  • No vanilla townies!! Every player has two night actions!!
  • Lots of guns!! Vote with your vote by day, vote with your bullets by night.
  • HP and damage system!! Just like Deadbeat Dad's DOTA 2 game, or some of the fancier Soldiers games.
  • First and foremost a Mafia game!! Balanced so that "solving the game" will take a backseat to catching (and shooting) those crafty Viet Congs.
  • Lots of flavor!! Enjoy poorly written rants about how rainy it is over there.

• Locked thread