Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
INSTANT RUNOFF MINI-MAFIA is open for signups!

:patriot:NEWBIES WELCOME!:patriot:

This is a nightless, flavorless, power-role-less, open setup game of Mafia for 13 players, with a new and unconventional voting mechanic!
All votes must be formatted as a list of all living players ranked by descending lynch preference.
If no "first-choice" majority occurs, then at deadline all ballots will be processed using the Instant Runoff Voting procedure, as described in this Wikipedia article, to determine the lynch.

In addition to being hella fun, this game is meant to be an experimental test-bed for LumpenList Doctrine. It is designed to test whether analyzing the patterns of information embedded in a list-style ballot, combined with psychological and behavioural analysis of posting, will allow a town victory without relying on power roles, and also to observe how scum might be able to use this mechanic to mislead town and maintain their informed minority advantage.

Come on in and sign up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Instant Runoff Mini-Mafia (AKA The LumpenList™ Mafia Experiment Volume I) has ended in a SCUM victory!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Sword in the Brain! posted:

Let's Be Chill Mafia is now taking sign-ups!

This will be a very chill and relaxed mafia game with a simple, traditional setup. Nothing wacky. Please, no hot tempers or angry words - let's be very nice and friendly.
What happened to Time Travel Mafia? I hope your players in this one are ~cool~ with inept mod screwups. And they'd have to be pretty ~chill~ to not mind being abandoned by the mod without explanation in the middle of the game, too.

Lumpen fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 2, 2010

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Get ready for an amazing game. I'm announcing my (2nd ever) mod outing to celebrate the release of the best-selling audiobook series Dangerous Ground, written by prolific award-winning author Josh Lanyon and narrated by your mod, Adrian Bisson, aka :lumpen:. After my 3-year stint as a teacher in Korea, I'm now a professional audiobook narrator, and this series is my first major release. And what better way to promote these fine titles than a series of Mafia games?

First in the series, the titular Dangerous Ground, a game for 13 players.

Special Agents for the Department of Diplomatic Security, Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt have been partners and best friends for three years, but everything changed the night Taylor admitted the truth about his feelings for Will. But it's complicated...

Taylor agreed to a camping trip in the High Sierras -- despite the fact that he hates camping -- because Will wants a chance to save their partnership. But the trip is a disaster from the first, and things rapidly go from bad to worse when they find a crashed plane and a couple of million dollars in stolen money.

With a trio of murderous robbers trailing them, Will and Taylor are on dangerous ground, fighting for their partnership, their passion...and their lives.

Feast your ears upon a sample to set the stage for this exciting adventure.

:siren:If you enjoy the game, please consider buying the audiobook!:siren:

Accepting sign-ups in the thread HERE.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Let's try SLACK! This is a new experimental Mafia game experience and I need 13 brave volunteers. Rather than being played on the forum, this game instead will play out over the team communication platform Slack. There can be multiple communication and discussion channels, emoji reactions to posts, automated statistics, indexing of namedrops, searchable text, and who knows what other new ways to play will emerge...

Players should install the Slack app on their mobile devices, and use the slack page to play. I have no experience with Slack and I have no idea whether it will be awesome or terrible as a platform for Mafia! There's no better way to find out than to just try.

Slack Mafia #1 is a flavorless open-setup Mafia game for 13 players. There will be a Town Cop, a Town Doctor, 8 Vanilla Townies, a Scum Godfather, a Scum Roleblocker, and a Scum Goon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6zVzWU95Sw

Signup thread is here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
SLACK MAFIA #3 is taking signups!

Welcome BACK to the SLACK!

Slack Mafia #3 is a flavorless open-setup vanillaless Mafia game for 16 players.
This setup is slightly modified from the previous Slack Mafia. It is designed to maximize suspense from beginning to end. It encourages high engagement, smooths over lurking, rewards risktaking, and the result is highly dependent on player skill over luck. This is a setup with plenty of roles that demands that the players play the setup... the setup doesn't play the players.

The Nailbiter™
  • Unstoppable Serial Killer (cannot be blocked or jailed, and can kill a jailed or doc-protected target)
  • Town Cop (sane, TOWN or NOT TOWN results)
  • Town Doctor (can't self-protect, can't protect the same target on consecutive nights)
  • Town Tracker (can't track the same person on consecutive nights)
  • Town Jailer (can't self-jail, can't jail the same person on consecutive nights)
  • Town Bulletproof Miller (1-shot, notified when expended, does not protect from Poison, investigates as NOT TOWN)
  • 6 Town Versatile Backup (when a Town Doc, Cop, Tracker, or Jailer dies in the night, a random living Backup inherits the role. Lynched roles are lost forever. Each Role can only be inherited once.)
  • Scum Bulletproof Godfather (if making the Scum kill, loses BOTH powers for that night)
  • Scum Roleblocker (makes a targeted power fail, can either kill or roleblock, not both)
  • Scum Ninja (can't be tracked)
  • Scum Poisoner (if making the Scum kill, the target will die after a 1-Day delay. Bypasses Doc Protection on targeting night, but can be stopped by Doc protection on the death night. A poisoned victim can also die in Jail.)
No role can self-target or target the same person on consecutive nights, unless an attempt fails. Scum have a single nightkill. All kills and skills may be withheld.
Results are given very simply as "your action succeeded" or "your action failed" for most actions, "<player> appeared to visit <player>", "<player> appears to be TOWN".
Days will be 24 hours, nights 12 hours, majority lynch. Actions are forfeit if not submitted in time.
I have a "No Modkills or Replacements" policy, it is a matter of your own integrity to play by the usual Mafia rules and to participate if you sign up.

SPECTATORS are welcome to sign up in the spectator slots, and can participate in NON-GAME discussion in the #gbs-zone channel!

CHECK IT OUT!

• Locked thread