Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Wall-E Mini Mafia will open up by, oh let's say, the end of the week. It will probably be about 13 players.

I saw it again this weekend, it's so cute. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Around the middle of June, I said I'd have France 1789: Revolutions ready on or about July 14th (for obvious reasons). HOWEVER: I did not have a setup ready until around the 16th, and by then Firefly had started and Red Storm was still going.

THEREFORE: Assuming it doesn't bother any mods ahead of me (Ardent has been pestering me), I'm considering starting it by mid-August. By then the games will have gone down a bit, and Ardent said he wasn't planning on starting his until early September anyway.

The sign ups will happen the same way they did in the previous game; I will reserve ~21 slots for players I feel will best contribute to good social dynamics, and leave another ~5 for "interested parties."

It's sure to be a lot of fun. :)

ALSO: A long time ago I said I'd try and run a Wall-E Mini-Mafia. I was so focused on France that I never got to. :(
I might run it still, but don't hold your breath for it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Squiggly posted:

RE4 Mafia should be done within the next week, if you were waiting for a big game to end.

I'm going on vacation this week and am casually busy from early August to mid-August. :ssh:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
For those looking for a simpler game, or even just for a not-mindfuck game, Sicilian Assassins might be a game for you!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A replacement is needed for Sicilian Assassins! It's mostly new players, but it's been pretty awesome to watch so far I think. IM me for the spot!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
All the invite PMs for France 1789: Revolutions have been sent! Information about the game:

WHO:
26 players, but good deadlines + some nifty things to keep the game moving forward.
~2/3 of the slots are done via invite, but the last third + invite rejections + replacements = requests! So if you haven't gotten a PM but want in, just ask me and it's yours (space permitting).
Likewise if you didn't get a PM don't be offended, it's not that I hate you, I just want people who I think will complement each other well. But I'm not perfect, so there are plenty of request slots as well as a liberal replacement policy.

WHAT:
A game of mafia. The setting should be apparent from the title. It takes place in that wacky French town, in the same universe as the previous game; expect mayhem, magic, and conflict.

WHEN:
Either December 19th (doubtful due to the number of conflicts I've heard from people traveling) or the 26th. It's all the same to me, however, since I'm neither traveling nor busy.

WHERE:
TG. However there will also be an optional IRC component.

WHY:
To provide for a fun game, and to continue the story I'm telling about the wee little town.

So come play this little game of mine. :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Xythar posted:

If that's OK with you then I'm down, but is there any chance of starting a week later again from your 26th date?
I don't want to delay it anymore than I already have :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Marxism Mafia II: The Workers' State still accepting sign-ups!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Bad news: France 2 will not be starting today :smith:
Because I am on vacation! :unsmith:
It will start sometime when I get back (think in about half a week or so).

In the meantime, here is the "final" player list. If any of you feel like you cannot play anymore, if you feel like you will be too busy, if you really hate Player 4 and will never play with them again, or have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to PM me! We can work something out, because I am here for you. :)

"Final" Player List posted:

1) Grondemar
2) Kloaked
3) fong
4) Authorman
5) Ninth
6) Fitty
7) Jamuraan
8) Mexal
9) electrohead
10) Dragnix
11) Tom Tucker
12) Spoonsy
13) Andy
14) ???????????
15) Kilgrey
16) WR
17) sloppo
18) Sophia
19) Varinn
20) fits
21) Tuckfard
22) soru
23) Ardent
24) Ridonkulous
25) Quandary
26) Poke 2000

REPLACEMENTS:
a) Xythar
b) Garbageman
c) Taff

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 2, 2009

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Orvin posted:

Sloppo is on that list twice at 14 and 17.

He's so nice I added him twice.

There is a space open! If you are a replacement you get first dibs on a spot, just PM me!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm talking about starting my game, and asking other people if they're ready when I start my game. Go away.

Xythar fills the blank spot, the game will go up any day now! And I repeat:

EccoRaven posted:

If any of you feel like you cannot play anymore, if you feel like you will be too busy, if you really hate Player 4 and will never play with them again, or have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to PM me! We can work something out, because I am here for you. :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

Marxism Mafia II: The Workers' State still accepting sign-ups!

Marxism Mafia II has ended in the creation of another Communist state!:ussr:

France starting in a few days just hang on!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
France 1789: Revolutions opens its doors to a brand new world.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
France 1789: Revolutions has ended in a Revolution (town) victory!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Rumble in Ragusa - A Game of Mafia is open for signups! This is a "newbie" game in the sense that new players are welcomed and encouraged to play it, but anyone can join. But, newbies get preference. :)

Also if you are one of the three people who reserved a spot, I'm too lazy to add you myself, so just post in the thread and you get top priority!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:pipe:
Rumble in Ragusa - A Game of Mafia has ended in a town victory! Congratulations to the winner(s)! I hope you all continue playing mafia here on our quaint little forum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sorry for the ~20 hour delay; Squabble in Siracusa, a 15-player "Newbie Friendly" game, has opened up. Go join/play/watch!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Squabble in Siracusa has ended in a town victory

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
this is the new game announcement thread
this delightful conversation can be moved happily to the discussion thread
thanks.

anyway, I am hosting a minigame soon, "Il Viaggio della Buona Nave Rosa". It takes place on a boat! It'll be "Newbie Friendly", and in fact newbies have priority seating! PM me if you are new and you will have a spot reserved.

Expect the thread to go up within a week.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Il Viaggio della Buona Nave "Rosa" is open for signups; expect the game to start tonight!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Il Viaggio della Buona Nave "Rosa" has ended in a victory! Who won? :iiam:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
An Etna Dilemma is recruiting! New players have preference, go join!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
An Etna Dilemma has ended in a town victory! Good job to everyone for a fun read.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sicilian Samurai Assassins! is now open for recruits. New players get preference.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I get bored really easily.

The Ronin of Rakuen is open for signups! Newbie-friendly minigame, go join it!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Marxism Mafia III - Revisionism is open! Tight deadlines, fun setup, you know you want to join!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Discussion thread is that way -->
<-- Circlejerk thread is that way

Announcement: France will be going up on January 1st as planned. Expect the thread to open on the 1st, and role PMs to go out before night is over. Get excited!

If you cannot be at a computer on January 1st, please contact me ahead of time so I know to not wait up for you!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
To End All Wars: France 1915 is now open!

Vive la France! :france:

Remember Belgium! :britain:

For the Kaiser! :shopkeeper:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
To End All Wars: France 1915 has ended in a German victory (through mod error).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Headache in Hindustan - A Game of Mafia. Newer players welcomed and encouraged!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Headache in Hindustan ended in a town victory!

Meanwhile, Mayhem and Mania in Maharashtra, a game for 15 players, has just opened. Players new and old are welcome!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Mayhem and Mania in Maharashtra ended in multiple third party victories!

Meanwhile, Bombay Brawl is open for signups. New players get preference, but old players are welcome to sign up as well!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Bombay Brawl has ended in a town victory! Hooray!

Meanwhile, a new minigame, The Monsters of Messina - A Game of Mafia has opened its doors. Players new and old are welcome; if you want to get started on this whole "mafia" thing, don't hesitate to join! :dance:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Monsters of Messina has ended in a mafia victory! Congrats to the winners.

Meanwhile, Chianti Vigilantes is starting up. Newer players are not only welcomed but encouraged to play!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Chianti Vigilantes ended with a quick town victory last week.

Luckily Anarchy in Arezzo just opened up! 15 players, newer ones welcomed and encouraged. If you've never played before, see what it's like! If you've played a few but still want some practice, this is the game for you!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The controversial Anarchy in Arezzo has ended in a town victory.

Expect a new game coming up shortly, as usual.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Vagaries in Venice - A Game of Mafia has opened up; newer players are welcomed and encouraged to join!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Vagaries in Venice has ended in a skillful Cult victory! Hooray to the winners.

In other news, A Eulogy in Euskara has just opened up. Newer players are welcomed and encouraged to join! The more the better, as far as I'm concerned. But as always, if you're a so-called "vet," feel free to sign up as well and help show these new players the ropes.

Hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Last week, A Eulogy in Euskara ended with a scum victory. Good show to all participants.

:spain: A Gay Romp in Guernica has now opened its doors! Newer players are welcomed and encouraged to join, and in fact they are preferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A Gay Romp in Guernica has ended in a town sweep. Hooray to the victors.

The conclusion to this Spanish interlude is here: La Calavera de Naffaroa. 15 players, newer players are welcomed and encouraged to join!

If you are a so-called "vet," please don't join unless you genuinely have the time and motivation to play. I want to make this the first game for which I don't need to prod lurkers or replace people! Make me proud!!

:spain:

• Locked thread