Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Yay! I love seeing other peoples' projects. Unfortunately I'm really ADD when it comes to working on stuff because I'll start one thing and put it away while I begin another. Ravelry has been a blessing and a curse as far as that goes. Right now I have about five unfinished works that I need to get done before the end of summer.

Anyway, here is a scarf I made in January, simple wrist warmers and a catnip toy. Nothing terribly fancy :/

$38 for alpaca blend yarn, but worth every penny

Great for keeping fingers free and hands warm for winter photos

My cats liked the feather more than the toy itself. Assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

discordiaskitten posted:

How did you attach the feather to the cat toy? I think my mogs would love a few of those but I can't work out how you'd secure it.

I used a pony bead and hot glue ;) Just stick the feather(s) through before finishing and stuffing the ball, smother the ends with glue and pop a bead on there before it hardens. Then stuff around the bead so that it's not too noticeable and add in your catnip or what have you.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone have a recommendation for a GOOD Amigurami instruction style book? I want to make some little plush farm animals and trucks for my young nephews. I tried making a pig recently and he's looking a little....retarded. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong with the increase/decrease stitches, if that is even the issue at all.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

I found this to be handy. There are other tutorials on the left if you go all click happy on the links.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

I just finished two more scarves, bringing the total to three now that I've made just to make them. Now I need to find someone to give them away to since I'm not sure anybody would buy them on etsy(there's a zillion scarves for sale there).

Right now I'm trying my hand at amigurami again to make toys for my nephews, but I'm loving up the tension somehow. I'm also looking for simple cardigan patterns but haven't found any that I like on ravelry.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

unfamiliar smells posted:

Three days ago I could only slip stitch and single crochet. Then yesterday I picked up a book called Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet by Ana Paula Rimoli. Now I'm halfway through my first amigurumi pal - a bunny! The instructions for the stitches used are really easy to understand and the diagrams are super useful. I can't recommend it enough!

Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/Amigurumi-World-Seriously-Cute-Crochet/dp/1564778479/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236229801&sr=8-2

Added to my wish list. I just hope someone gets it for me for my birthday instead of socks or more movies. Post photos of the little bun when you finish!

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Blue_monday posted:

does anyone know any online resources/videos that are good for teaching crochet stitches/reading patterns?

I'm a fan of the picture tutorials on Mypicot.com You can find a lot of helpful videos on youtube too.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

My grandmother apparently crocheted like that a lot because after she passed, we found a drawer full of squares with cats and geese and stuff. I want to learn filet but I'm afraid that it'll be too tedious/frustrating. Did it take long to finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

The hat is fantastic. It makes him recognizable even without the face.