Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Yes, actually. After reading the Ask/Tell thread about wigmaking/doll customization I looked into getting one. My friend just so happened to have two in his basement that he wasn't using, so I took 'em. :3: I am addicted to making her tiny things now. The male doll has just been chilling in a Jem and the Holograms dress.

Lucky! The Obitsu doll I want is out of stock on Junky Spot, so now I have to decide if I want to wait longer or if I want to shell out $20 shipping from Paradox. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

shark farts posted:

Look at that fukkin lion. :3:

Hey, now that I don't suck at crochet I should totally try making one of those patterns I bought off you a lifetime ago! :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Would anyone be interested in a medium flate rate box filled with cotton yarn?

I'm trying to cut down on my yarn stash, and it's such nice yarn I really don't want to toss it in the normal yarn donation pile. All I ask is if you could help with shipping. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Fire In The Disco posted:

Yes, please!

I'll shoot you a PM

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I wish I got a picture, but I made my four little nephews these Mario mushrooms for Christmas. They're nuts for Mario and recognized them right away. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
So after sorting through my Christmas yarn it turns out I have a lot of super bulky yarn.

Does anyone know a good blanket pattern using super bulky? I figure a blanket would be the easiest, fastest way of getting rid of it. And then I'd have a new blanket for my unheated room! :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

electricgoat posted:

I made a thing for a person:

(Pardon the blurry and crooked picture. Since it's unclear, the top and bottom borders are Mr. Saturns.)

Blanket stats:

Size: ~ 5x7'
Weight: ~5 lbs
Cost of materials: ~70$
Time spent planning/charting: Only about an hour. The person requesting it had a good idea of what he wanted, so it was just a case of doing the math to see how to make that happen. :)
Time spent crocheting blanket: ~90 hours
Time spent sewing in ends: ~2 hours

I have such a love-hate relationship with blankets. I love how they end up looking, but I hate how expensive and time consuming they are.

:stare: Marry me.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bean posted:

So I took a good, long look at the afghan I'm making for my uncle for Christmas.

Long being the operative word.

I'm pretty sure it's too long. You're looking at it sideways, PS, the right edge is the top. You can see shoes in the picture for scale.

I think that, as much as it pains me, that I should undo it and make something smaller, both for useability and for the fact that I'd like to finish it by December. Talk me into it/out of it.

Frog half of the rows and turn it into a scarf! :downs:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I also demand a tutorial on how you do hair. I refuse to believe it's that easy. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Okay guys, it's that time of the year again: I need something small and adorable to crochet for my little sister's Christmas present. Give me the cutest thing you got!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
If you don't have at least a bed's worth of yarn you're not a real knitter/crocheter. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Pile of Kittens posted:

Last night I asked my boyfriend if there was anything he'd like me to crochet for him. He replied without missing a beat, "Crochet me a blow job."

:cripes:

Willy warmer with a pair of lips sewn on it. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Ms. Happiness posted:

I know what I'm making everyone for Christmas next year!

Baby JeSUS CHRIST :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Mizufusion posted:

I finally took a picture of the blanket I'm working on! It (like the blanket) is terrible, but here it is.

This was taken a few days ago, and it's about half-finished. It's all synthetic fibers, basically whatever was in my stash and I had no other use for. Most of it is Red Heart Super Saver, Lion brand Vanna's Choice, and Caron Simply Soft.

I'm also working on a baby blanket for my niece but I don't have pictures and it's much less interesting. :shobon:

Look at that glorious mess of a blanket I need it tell me there's a pattern. :catstare: