Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Elbonio
Dec 20, 2006

"EEETAAALAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

ludnix posted:

It would help if there was more to reference it's size by, but I had trouble finding a good image to use as the background.

I feel like there should be about a dozen fantasy characters crowding around trying to kill this thing for it's rare loot.

frankthetank
Dec 20, 2006

Esdim posted:

I feel like there should be about a dozen fantasy characters crowding around trying to kill this thing for it's rare loot.

It does indeed look like a scene from a final fantasy game. Just give it some crazy spikes or massive sharp teeth or something. Sorted!

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...
Quick one

MadManuel
Mar 23, 2007

Channel_F posted:

Oh, hello there.

Genius.

Elbonio posted:

Wow... this took me back to nightmares of old "power-ranger's" re-runs.

MadManuel fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 8, 2008

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

AnotherBodak posted:

In true GBS fashion, any chance you can highlight the turd? I'd guess it's the pointy bit sticking out the back, but I thought it was the grasshopper bum.

Haha, It's the large black thing right above the head of the kid on the right. I guess it wasn't thrilled to have the bug paparazzi after it.

Channel_F
Apr 17, 2005

by Fistgrrl

MemeName posted:

Ursa... Do you mind if we lift some of your Critterquest photos?

That's the whole point of this, read my OP again :)

Scienide posted:

Did he steal that guy's burrito? That bastard!

One thing to keep in mind with these -- this one as well as the turtle in the desert, are good examples. When you're finding a background to match the critter, make sure the lighting matches as close as possible in both pictures. If it's bright sun from the right in the critter picture, find a background that has bright sun from the right. It makes things a whole lot easier and turns out much better.

The bee chasing the 9/11 people doesn't work so well because the lighting on the bee is pretty flat, whereas the people have sharp sunlight coming from the left.

apathyduck
Jul 30, 2007
Not trying to threadshit, but since this thread says overdose or gamma radiation, what about creatures with super powers like laser eyes or something. Instead of just really loving giant creatures. I'd contribute with my own but I don't have photoshop so I'm assuming I suck at it.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Channel_F posted:

That's the whole point of this, read my OP again :)

Ahah, jesus - I even missed the point of this thread. And yes, of course you can.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Egadsman posted:

"The spice must flow" was my first thought.

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think the jumping spider asking 'why you do that!?' would be great if he were next to someone doing something terribly important like diffusing a bomb or preforming surgery...

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Elbonio posted:

This was a pretty smart idea.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

diarrhea for girls posted:

As the person who took the picture of that grasshopper I approve. You even kept the giant grasshopper turd in it. I am truly impressed.

Great start!

I didn't know that grasshoppers could poo poo smiling children.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
I'm still pissed someone (not naming names here) was a dick to Plethora. Plethora is a god and made me a platypus :colbert:

Also these shops freak me out :geno:

taupoke fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 8, 2008

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Natrly
Oct 11, 2007
I am North Korea (AND SO CAN YOU!)
Oh, giant chipmunk, you're so cuddly! I love you so!

sexy olorin
Apr 14, 2008

Workin' the corners of Azeroth.

Natrly posted:

Oh, giant chipmunk, you're so cuddly! I love you so!

This is so cute!! It also reminds me of my next door neighbors growing up. The youngest daughter at the time had a HUGE stuffed rabbit. She quickly learned humping the bunny the manner this girl is doing was very nice. The best was when she'd do this in front of her religious parents who would get really upset at it.

Varchar
Feb 16, 2007

Don't make me laugh ... bitterly.

Jarlaxle
Jul 12, 2007

In Dog We Trust

sexy olorin posted:

This is so cute!! It also reminds me of my next door neighbors growing up. The youngest daughter at the time had a HUGE stuffed rabbit. She quickly learned humping the bunny the manner this girl is doing was very nice. The best was when she'd do this in front of her religious parents who would get really upset at it.

Aww, why'd you have to post this? Now I feel dirty looking at that picture.

sexy olorin
Apr 14, 2008

Workin' the corners of Azeroth.

Jarlaxle posted:

Aww, why'd you have to post this? Now I feel dirty looking at that picture.

Well I'm glad I'm not alone because I remember the poor girl doing that, and her brothers/sisters and me giggling at her then her mom coming out with "the board"....but otherwise it's an adorable picture. :)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ursa_minor posted:

I don't think the would would be any worse off.

Sloths are awesome, if I could have a little one as a pet, I would. It could just chill on a tree in my apartment.

ObviousIssues
Oct 18, 2007

SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR
RIAA INFERIOR

Varchar posted:

Jesus Christ.

I'm going to be thinking of this whenever I see the ocean now.

Brilliant!

BrickRedTruth
Jan 24, 2007

Yo vendo FUNK!

Egad posted:

I think the jumping spider asking 'why you do that!?' would be great if he were next to someone doing something terribly important like diffusing a bomb or preforming surgery...
I could easily enjoy a whole PS thread devoted entirely to that little dude. :3:

adwkiwi
Nov 16, 2004

I understand perfectly. And I don't care.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

You just made me afraid of spiders again mister :mad:

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy

ObviousIssues posted:

Jesus Christ.

I'm going to be thinking of this whenever I see the ocean now.

Brilliant!

Dont worry, that is a whale shark if I remember correctly and they are pretty harmless.

That spider in the pen picture, it took me awhile to spot what was wrong.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Kind of the wrong way around and not all that well done, but eh. On the bright side, it doesn't take a lot of work to make these guys seem huge, because they are. The Wikipedia article claims they average about 8 cm, but I swear this one was north of 10, maybe 12.

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

spkelley48
Jan 14, 2008

Absolutely.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Piney posted:

"Onward, my Squirrel comrades! We shall crush the capitalist chipmunks!"

Calculations
Apr 27, 2008
Please, as I have no photoshop skills, can someone shop a huge axolotl into this here picature: http://404broadcast.com/klaxon.jpg

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Channel_F posted:

Aw, you used my prairie dog! Sweet.

Channel_F
Apr 17, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Braincloud posted:

Heh, I love how the astronaut is facing the other way, headed around the "wrong" side of the rock. Blast! If only he'd gone the other way who knows what might have happened!

Brand New Dance
Apr 20, 2008

by Fragmaster

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

This is how you deal with monsters.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Olewithmilk posted:

That dog looks like its just about ready to chase after that ball.

Go get it, boy! :neckbeard:

dsub
Jul 10, 2003

Always bet on Nashwan

Braincloud posted:

Aw, you used my prairie dog! Sweet.

gently caress that's impressive shadow work there, did you warp the shadow to fit and if so how?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Brand New Dance posted:

This is fantastic, the colors are perfect.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Edit- Original:

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

tato chips jones posted:

its not that bad you loving human being

For Christ's sake, I'm being serious!

Can't anyone leave a positive comment without everyone automatically calling sarcasm!?

These photoshops are incredible. Say hello to a year's worth of new desktops :awesome:

Mr.Chill fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 9, 2008