Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Low Key Liar posted:

what? are you just making poo poo up or did i miss something?

From Season 5's Power Play:

quote:

Illyria: You'll have proof soon enough. A corrupted ruler on such a path sees treachery and betrayal all around him. He cannot suffer intimates and will eventually turn against them.
Spike: Guess I don't have to worry about that, 'cause Angel and me have never been intimate. Except that once...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
Joss also commented on that part of their relationship somewhere, possibly on a dvd commentary?

Joss Whedon posted:

"They were hanging out for years and years and years and years. They were all kinds of deviant, they were vampires. Are we thinking they never...? Come on people, I’m just saying. I’m just saying. They’re open minded guys. They may be evil, but they’re not bigoted or close-minded."

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
perhaps they tag teamed Dru and Darla. that could either be intimate or the exact opposite.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
WOW. I just finished "That Old Gang of Mine" in season 3. Definitely one of my favorite Angel episodes thus far. The ending was PERFECT. That bit of dialog between gunn and angel at the very end just felt right. It's right along with "Are You Now or Have You Ever Been." Also, am I the only one who finds Amy Acker more attractive than Charisma?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Tokubetsu posted:

WOW. I just finished "That Old Gang of Mine" in season 3. Definitely one of my favorite Angel episodes thus far. The ending was PERFECT. That bit of dialog between gunn and angel at the very end just felt right. It's right along with "Are You Now or Have You Ever Been." Also, am I the only one who finds Amy Acker more attractive than Charisma?

You're certainly not, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

fenderrob
Jan 6, 2004

Low Key Liar posted:

perhaps they tag teamed Dru and Darla. that could either be intimate or the exact opposite.

I can't believe I'm joining this discussion, but I'm pretty sure that the Immortal got to do just that in The Girl In Question, and Spike and Angel lament that the girls never let THEM do that.

edit: Hey, look at you and me with our simultaneous response to the call for creepy Buffyverse knowledge.

fenderrob fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 6, 2008

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."

Low Key Liar posted:

Naw, in the immortal episode Spike mentions the two of them never allowing to do anything like that.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Spike and Angel together are awesome. Their best episode by far is The Girl In Question. Hilarious poo poo.

Angel: THOSE ARE MY NUNS
Spike: Yeah, nuns are your thing. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT OK

Here's a buffy question:

Is the episode where she is in a mental instituion considered canon? It's freaky as poo poo and I'm wondering why there's no more mention in it during the show at all.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Because confirming or denying it would make the episode that much less creepy.

But I don't think they ever accounted for it or called back to it after that.

fenderrob
Jan 6, 2004

AquaVita posted:

Is the episode where she is in a mental instituion considered canon? It's freaky as poo poo and I'm wondering why there's no more mention in it during the show at all.

I assume so because it was part of the show and by the end she had pretty much decided the world with the slayer was the real world, but yeah it is a bit open ended. They talked about it to an almost annoying degree in the next episode just to keep up the "things are happening concurrently" aspect of serial drama, but I'm not surprised they didn't reference it much after that since it was so Elseworlds/continuity breaking. That was one of my favorite episodes, and if I recall correctly, the dude who wrote it (don't remember his name) never wrote another episode. I wish we had more mind-bending episodes like that to kill time inbetween important stuff happening rather than episodes like Go Fish.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Go Fish was awesome. The stretch of Angel season 1 from episode 12 (Cordy gets super pregnant) to episode 17 (TV Star turns Angel into Angelus with drugs) is easily the worst stretch of worthless "monster of the week" shows of any Whedon series. There isn't a single good episode in the bunch.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'd like to be President of the "I Hate Dawn Club."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brennen posted:

my favorite is from Not Fade Away

Angel: This may come out a little pretentious, but… one of you will betray me.
*Spike raises his hand*
Angel: Wes.
Spike: Oh… can I deny you three times?

Spike: Its... Mountain Dew
*drops cup*

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

muscles like this? posted:

Spike: Its... Mountain Dew
*drops cup*

How can he even tell what kind of soda it is? Don't vampires have sucky taste buds? I know Angel can't taste peanut butter or chocolate.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm pretty sure they can taste the same as a human, but can't appreciate it as humans do. Or something.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Chris Knight posted:

Sorry, that position has already been filled. You can be janitor.

Patrovsky posted:

I love Spike when he's not being so Buffy obsessed, but with the Buffy criticism, I felt that Anya's line about Buffy being luckier than everyone else instead of just better pretty much summed up how much of a self-important twit Buffy could be. Thus, it's one of my favourite lines of the series.

It's also a complete load of poo poo if you ask me.
No, she didn't earn her power. It was just given randomly to her... seven years ago. By the time Anya has that little bitch session, she's had it for ages, and proven her overall worth time and time again.

She's still a oval office though.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Soylentbits posted:

How can he even tell what kind of soda it is? Don't vampires have sucky taste buds? I know Angel can't taste peanut butter or chocolate.

Him saying "It's pop/soda/cola" just wouldn't have the same ring to it.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
And yet Spike still loves those blooming onions.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Spike did a lot of things most vamps didn't seem to bother with/enjoy. Getting drunk, smoking, and Passions were probably not high on the list of many other vampires. Oh and hotwings.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

Spike did a lot of things most vamps didn't seem to bother with/enjoy. Getting drunk, smoking, and Passions were probably not high on the list of many other vampires. Oh and hotwings.

I still maintain that blondie bear stole the show every time he was on it. (regardless of whether it was buffy or angel) :colbert:

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

also

Chris Knight posted:

i don't know what you guys problem is i mean she was voted one of the 99 hottest women by askmen.com if you ask me she's pret

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Jesus christ, that neck :psyduck:

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

I'm probably wasting time right now.

redshirt posted:

You're certainly not, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

I seem to remember Joss saying that Amy Acker was the most beautiful woman he ever worked with or something like that.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Stonefish posted:

Who exactly would like the character of the Groosalug? I can't see anyone doing so.

Dude, Groosalug is AWESOME!

He's even better in S3, but he's not in a lot of episodes :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soylentbits posted:

Even if he couldn't taste it Mountain Dew has that unique day-glo yellow color.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Superhaus posted:

I seem to remember Joss saying that Amy Acker was the most beautiful woman he ever worked with or something like that.

Oh, I don't think you can deny she's pretty. Just freakishly thin. Too, too thin.

Or to quote Lilah:

quote:

LILAH: (in Southern accent) Oh, forget about that evil witch. Let's talk about me. I'm good and pure and science turns me on, and-and one day if I pray hard enough and eat all my vegetables, I just might have hips.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Since I'm on "Once More With Feeling" at the moment:

Spike: "The torch out there is scorching me /Buffy's laughing I've no doubt
I hope she fries / I'm free if that bitch dies!
I better help her out."

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Chris Knight posted:

Since I'm on "Once More With Feeling" at the moment:

Spike: "The torch out there is scorching me /Buffy's laughing I've no doubt
I hope she fries / I'm free if that bitch dies!
I better help her out."

"The torch I bear".

Yup, I'm a nitpicky rear end in a top hat.

Apparently Hinton Battle who played Sweet, the episode's villain, co-directed and choreographed Evil Dead: The Musical during its short stint Off-Broadway. This makes him even cooler than I ever knew anyone could be.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just finished Season 3 of Angel. I liked it for the most part, more than I expected after hearing that most don't like it. I didn't care much for Cordi's side of the ending but I thought the end for angel was kind of..poetic? Wesley is still one of my favorite characters, ESPECIALLY after this season. I like how everyone has change/is changing so much. Really dynamic characters.

EDIT: Starting season 4, I do wish this whole connor stuff will end soon. Please tell me he gets killed a few more episodes in. I'm tired of his face. You'd think Angel and Darla would make more attractive son and the writers a more likable character. I can't sympathize with him at all.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 7, 2008

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ironydeficient posted:

"The torch I bear".

Yup, I'm a nitpicky rear end in a top hat.
Go for it, I copied that off some lyrics site :v:

Tokubetsu posted:

EDIT: Starting season 4, I do wish this whole connor stuff will end soon. Please tell me he gets killed a few more episodes in. I'm tired of his face. You'd think Angel and Darla would make more attractive son and the writers a more likable character. I can't sympathize with him at all.
Don't get your hopes up...

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Anyone picked up Buffy s8 #17 yet? Great setup issue, if a little confusing with the back and forth between different scenes, but the reveal in the end was pretty crazy. They're finally tying the Fray series into canon, and pretty well too. I was expecting Amy to be the madwoman as she's been pretty active behind the scenes of whatever twilight is, but once Fray's brother said she sounded sad over the mention of Buffy's realizations, I knew it had to be Willow. Really interested how this all plays out.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

hope and vaseline posted:

Anyone picked up Buffy s8 #17 yet? Great setup issue, if a little confusing with the back and forth between different scenes, but the reveal in the end was pretty crazy. They're finally tying the Fray series into canon, and pretty well too. I was expecting Amy to be the madwoman as she's been pretty active behind the scenes of whatever twilight is, but once Fray's brother said she sounded sad over the mention of Buffy's realizations, I knew it had to be Willow. Really interested how this all plays out.

for some reason i was thinking it was Dru, but that's because i can't remember if she died or not and i only picked up the dress. did Dru die? Pretty good issue, except now i have to read Fray.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So I've been watching Firefly again, and I can't figure out how the space-geography is supposed to be laid out. Are all these inhabited planets and moons in the same solar system? Or are they supposed to be around different stars? Is there faster-than-light travel? Is it best to just shut up and not think about any of this at all?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Entropic posted:

So I've been watching Firefly again, and I can't figure out how the space-geography is supposed to be laid out. Are all these inhabited planets and moons in the same solar system? Or are they supposed to be around different stars? Is there faster-than-light travel? Is it best to just shut up and not think about any of this at all?

It's suppose to be a single solar system with dozens of planets and hundreds of moons, many of which have been terraformed to support human life. There isn't any FTL travel, just high acceleration to near light speed. They call it a "hard burn" in the show. This isn't really explained in the TV show, but it's shown a little in the movie.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's basically a nuclear explosion propelling you through a single solar system.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"Bloody hell. Sodding. Blimey. Shagging. Knickers. Bollocks. Oh god, I'm English"

"Welcome to the nancy tribe."

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

With Angel After the Fall the first 5 books came out in a nice hardback book. I got this and enjoyed it and hope the Angel series continues doing this because there's no way I'm going to remember to go to a store every month. Does the Buffy Season 8 have anything like this? I tried looking around but kept finding onyl issues.

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.

Brennen posted:

With Angel After the Fall the first 5 books came out in a nice hardback book. I got this and enjoyed it and hope the Angel series continues doing this because there's no way I'm going to remember to go to a store every month. Does the Buffy Season 8 have anything like this? I tried looking around but kept finding onyl issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Season-Eight/dp/1593078226/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218161483&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Season/dp/159307963X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218161483&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Wolves-Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Season/dp/1595821651/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218161483&sr=8-3

They're not hardcover though

and here's Angel second hardcover book

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-After-Fall-First-Night/dp/160010231X/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218161483&sr=8-4

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Thanks for the information. I'm just starting to get into these so excuse my dumb questions, but is that hardcover "First Night" a seperate series in addition to After the Fall, or is that the continuation from where the first hardcover left off (chapter 5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

The devourer of worlds demands a Moon Pie to satiate his hunger!

Brennen posted:

Thanks for the information. I'm just starting to get into these so excuse my dumb questions, but is that hardcover "First Night" a seperate series in addition to After the Fall, or is that the continuation from where the first hardcover left off (chapter 5)

First Night is a break in the story where they tell the stories of what happened to various characters on their first night on Hellbound LA. They're mostly stupid and ugly.

• Locked thread