Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Jackdonkey posted:

Man do I hate Gina Torres, Jewel Staite is losing favor with me as well.
Why do you feel that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

whatsabattle posted:

I got a Clerks the Animated Series vibe from that. That is a Good Thing by the way.
No poo poo. It was absolutely adorable to see more HS Buffy done in partially-canon way; reverent of the source material, but divergent from it in its own manner. It's a shame it wasn't picked up before. I think Whedon's on the up nowadays, though. Perhaps something can be made of it with the fan resurgence with this footage!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Hey, guys, not to interrupt the thread being dead, but the next Angel: After The Fall will be released in late October, so get comatose for 45-ish days. Talk about a loving cliffhanger.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

ShardPhoenix posted:

Given Buffy (sometimes along with the rest of the gang) saved the world several times among other heroic life-risking adventures, you think you could cut her a little slack if she doesn't always handle the stress of so much (involuntary) responsibility perfectly.

I never got that. Her friends hosed up a great deal as well. Nobody was perfect. Buffy wasn't any worse than anyone else there, yet she gets a lot of hate from Goons. It makes little sense, but that's what crazed fanbases are for: Being non-sensible.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Bunnita posted:

I think it's incredibly romantic and goes against so much of the 'common thinking' that it could have been wonderful. Tara was her soul mate, and it didn't matter what gender either of them were or how little time they were able to spend with each other. Willow suddenly becoming uber militant lesbian and then jumping into bed with Kennedy so quickly just really cheapened her and Tara's romance.

Then again I thought Buffy running to Riley cheapened things too, I guess I'm just a romantic.

Gonna have to just go ahead and agree with you on all points there. Kennedy was an unfortunate thing since, over the course of not even a year, she shouldn't have been able to just 'get over' Tara's death to the point where she'll shack up with a pushy little dyke who forced herself upon her. Seemed VERY cheap. Riley was a different story, though. He was a genuinely nice guy who was safe and wanted to do everything he could to make her life a stable and secure one. Very :smith: way that turned out.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

uXs posted:

Question is now: should I watch Angel as well ?

Yes.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Season 5 of Angel was the best thing ever, if for no reason than the emergence of a new character the likes of which the show hadn't yet seen: Indigo, time-shifting, indestuctible Old God. :hellyeah:

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Yeah, there's an awful lot of Angel, Spike, Darla, and Drusilla in the past stuff that links across the two series on their air dates. It's unfortunate for people watching each series through on DVD.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Just a reminder that Holtz can be found playing a cop in The Dark Knight. He's the one who gets taken hostage at GCPD central after being goaded into trying to torture The Joker.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Chex Warrior posted:

Got hooked on Firefly, now watching Buffy. I just got going on Season 3 and one thing is really bugging me: Everyone seems to conveniently forget that Angel had no soul during the second part of season 2 if it gives them a chance to be dramatic. You'd think Buffy, being the sole defender of him, would think to point that out, but instead everyone just wallows in drama. I think I'll be happier once he's off wallowing in his own show.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying it. The Mayor is a really fun villian.

Everyone around him, Angel included, treats Angelus as being the other side of the Angel coin. It's not that Angelus is another person entirely; it's that this is Angel without all those little pesky morals and values in the way.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Tupping Liberty posted:

So in Buffy, has it ever been explained why when she died in Season 6 she didn't create another slayer, a la when she died in season 1?

Shut up. Jesus Christ, you people are morons who can't follow basic anything.

mobn posted:

Faith was "The" Slayer at that time. Kendra's death made Faith, so Faith carries the magic pass-onedness. Buffy just gets to keep the powers post-resurrection.

This, only Tupping Liberty is still a loving idiot who would probably post about perceived glaring plot holes and things like how Arthur got time travel in Heroes threads.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Avian Pneumonia posted:

--never watched angel because i wasn't 15 anymore
--firefly had some baller costume design but nothing else about it appealed to me.

Way to use absolutely no caps at all anywhere, it's really appreciated. Angel was a fair bit more mature in most regards than Buffy, having a significantly different design in its characters and plotlines. Firefly was so short that you should watch it just to see why everyone who's ever seen it raves about how great it is.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Just mix one in to your next post, it might prove to be a novel experience you may wish to repeat in the future. Just an I or maybe a capital at the beginning of a sentence will do.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Who the gently caress is that in your annoying avatar

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Seriously, that avatar looks like the physical embodiment of the works of Diablo Cody.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Stonefish posted:

Heroes just failed the gently caress out of this this week.

Not remembering what you're referencing. Nobody particularly unexpected appeared this week.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Heroes isn't a show low on flashbacks, though.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Ugh. The one person in Hollywood who COULD execute a reboot of a successful franchise with a huge budget, awesome special effects, and the ability to force people who hadn't previously considered the series into considering going back and watching it, and they're excluding him from the process. Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

thrakkorzog posted:

It was shown several times before that vampires are allowed to enter the homes of dead people. Kate was OD'ing on sleeping pills when Angel walked through the door, so it's heavily implied that Angel showed up right after she died and managed to save her life.

The reason it wasn't mentioned again was because she got a law degree, and a job with the NYC DA's office, where the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime, and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. :doink: She was later fired by Jack McCoy for her rampant lesbianism.

All kidding aside, the actress who played Kate left for a steady role on Law & Order.

Fired by whoever the gently caress Fred Thompson's character's name was, actually. For supposedly non-sapphic reasons.

• Locked thread