Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
Gamer, geek, and ladies man
Just posting that a co-worker confirmed there is tax in Ohio. Looks like PA is the place to be for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenacious Dan
Feb 21, 2006

Skol!

Yodzilla posted:

I don't think there's a limit. If there is I've never heard of anyone reaching it.

I've heard it's 16 accounts per machine... Maybe I'll look into it.

Edit: Well, I can't find anything concrete. So I guess as far as we know, there's no limit.

Tenacious Dan fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 25, 2008

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Kengi posted:

Let me contact the other guys who wanted in. In the mean time, want to make a list of games you'd be after to see if we can't get a bunch of games at once.

Well, as i said above, i am interested in Siren and 1942 but i am open to other games as well :)

PS: If we get it going, i can paypal today :P

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

shodanjr_gr posted:

Well, as i said above, i am interested in Siren and 1942 but i am open to other games as well :)

PS: If we get it going, i can paypal today :P

I'm all for this as soon as we can. I have a friend staying with me and some Blast Factor would be awesome on my 40" Samsung!

Would you be for all the games I have listed?

And in theory, you'd be paying 40% of the costs, with the rest of us 3 paying 20% each. Sound fair?

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.

Aardark posted:

I'm also interested in both of these.

Awesome. All aboard the Shiki-Tei train.

PS. I know it doesn't make sense, but this thread should've been subtitled: My Junk, your Eden.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Kengi posted:

I'm all for this as soon as we can. I have a friend staying with me and some Blast Factor would be awesome on my 40" Samsung!

Would you be for all the games I have listed?

I think im up for everything but locoroco (since i hate the game with a passion) and super stardust (since i plan on hitting Geometry wars 2 on XBLA next week).

quote:

And in theory, you'd be paying 40% of the costs, with the rest of us 3 paying 20% each. Sound fair?

Yup. Can you pull the prices off PSN for the games since i am not near any of my PS3s at the moment? I cant seem to be able to find the prices on the playstation store website.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Kengi posted:

Okay then. I'm all for most games, so if we can get a group for a larger number of games, I'd be all for it.

Specifically looking for:
Fat Princess (Once it comes out)
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Pain (Additional characters would be nice, but not a huge deal)

Still need more info on:
Siren

Edited your list to reflect my own ideas.

My PSN name is Wagedomain

ngeunit1
Apr 9, 2008

Nerd Herd
Does anyone have a share for Piyotama (heard its a cool game but with Eden and GW2 next week can't buy it), I'd be more then willing to trade a share of two of any of the following games I own:

Elefunk
SSHD
Flow+Expansion
Lemmings
Pain
Calling All Cars
PixelJunk Monsters

AIM and PSN ID: ngeunit1

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

ngeunit1 posted:

Does anyone have a share for Piyotama (heard its a cool game but with Eden and GW2 next week can't buy it), I'd be more then willing to trade a share of two of any of the following games I own:

Elefunk
SSHD
Flow+Expansion
Lemmings
Pain
Calling All Cars
PixelJunk Monsters
You can only share your whole account, not individual games.

ngeunit1
Apr 9, 2008

Nerd Herd

Aardark posted:

I thought then when you purchased a game on PSN, you got 5 downloads. So that each game can be downloaded 5 times, like the first step when you start a download is that you get that activating message. I might be wrong though and sorry if I am.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Aardark posted:

ngeunit1 posted:

I thought then when you purchased a game on PSN, you got 5 downloads. So that each game can be downloaded 5 times, like the first step when you start a download is that you get that activating message. I might be wrong though and sorry if I am.

ngeunit1 is right. The reason we create a new account for each share session is just to keep things nice and tidy. Now when you do the share you're going to have to temporarily hand over your main account to someone else so for the time that they log in and grab the download they'll have access to everything. Creating a new account for new shares gets rid of that hazard.

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

shodanjr_gr posted:

I think im up for everything but locoroco (since i hate the game with a passion) and super stardust (since i plan on hitting Geometry wars 2 on XBLA next week).

Yup. Can you pull the prices off PSN for the games since i am not near any of my PS3s at the moment? I cant seem to be able to find the prices on the playstation store website.

I tend to get angry with it, but I enjoy LocoRoco, but I'm okay with that one on my own or through another Share.

And as far as I can tell, their prices are not on the website... I can get my friend who's at my place now to check on any games we're after. I can set up the location for this account to my parent's place, so no tax.

Right now, we're looking at:
Fat Princess (Once it comes out) $? (Has the price even been announced?)
PixelJunk Eden $?
PixelJunk Monsters $5
Pain $5 - Do we want extra characters? They're $1 each.
Siren master pack - $45

Thoughts on Wipeout HD?

Kengi fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 25, 2008

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Kengi posted:

Right now, we're looking at:
Fat Princess (Once it comes out) $? (Has the price even been announced?)
PixelJunk Eden $?
PixelJunk Monsters $5
Pain $5 - Do we want extra characters? They're $1 each.

What about Siren and 1942?

Also, if another goon wants to get on board on this share, i dont HAVE to get 2 slots, i can always get the games on my second console later.

quote:

Thoughts on Wipeout HD?

Im probably up for it once it's out (if the price is reasonable and my PS3s have any space left :P).

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

shodanjr_gr posted:

What about Siren and 1942?

Also, if another goon wants to get on board on this share, i dont HAVE to get 2 slots, i can always get the games on my second console later.

Im probably up for it once it's out (if the price is reasonable and my PS3s have any space left :P).

Not sure what happened to those 2... Oh well, adding them now. I'll try to get prices once we have a final list.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Yodzilla posted:

ngeunit1 is right. The reason we create a new account for each share session is just to keep things nice and tidy. Now when you do the share you're going to have to temporarily hand over your main account to someone else so for the time that they log in and grab the download they'll have access to everything. Creating a new account for new shares gets rid of that hazard.

It isn't necessary to create a new account just to share one or two games with someone. If you've already purchased a game I want and I already purchased a game you want, what would be the sense of creating a new account to share? The best way in my opinion is to find someone that has games you want and vice versa so you can just share your entire libraries with each other. This is the way another Goon and I have it set up and generally we trade off on purchasing a game and let the other person log in and download it too. Between the two of us my PSN game library is rather large. For things like Siren and Qore though, we have a separate account for obvious reasons.

In short, if someone has a game you want and is willing to share, you both will wind up with complete access to anything either of you have purchased, and in the future you can trade off on what games which one of you buys.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that's fine. I just find that creating a new account is good for games that you haven't purchased yet and you've got a group of people ready to go in on. If you're sharing something you already have then yeah it's fine just to temporarily exchange info.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Does anyone know the tax situation in NJ? If there's no tax I could start a group up for a few people, starting out with Siren and moving forward from there.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
To Japii and the rest of my group: if you guys want anything else let me know I'll probably be down for splittin the cost with you. I'm in the mood for 1942 if anyone else is. I like the way it all worked out last night, very fluid, I was pleasantly surprised at the ease.

Also I am sure I have games that you guys have and you guys have games that I don't have, how would we accomplish sharing these if we so desired to? Would I have to give my master account up until you can download then switch it back? And vice versa?

E: should have refreshed.

Well I'd be down for swappin accounts with someone who has a different library than mine.

I currently have:
PJM
PAIN
About 15 good Rock Band songs

Err that is all I can think of right now, I'll have to check when I get home what else I have, if anything.

Looking for:
Super Stardust HD
Anything else

dongsweep fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 25, 2008

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

A request. Anyone willing to split the price on Fatal Inertia EX and Tekken 5: DR? Alternatively, anyone already WITH either/both of those games willing to share them for cheap/free, if you've got fewer than five people already with them? They both look pretty neat, but not full-price neat. I hear they're fully shareable, like Siren.

For a swap, I don't have much to share.. Super Stardust + Expansions, Pixeljunk Monsters (Vanilla) and Pain (Vanilla)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

On taxes, I think the inital location you set for your PSN name determines if you pay taxes or not, not the payment info you entered. When I bought SSHD on my master account, I had to pay taxes since my address listed on that account was in NJ. When we did our Siren share account last night, I didn't have to pay taxes on 1942, despite my payment info being the same, but the location of the account was different.

ngeunit1
Apr 9, 2008

Nerd Herd

Dominic White posted:

A request. Anyone willing to split the price on Fatal Inertia EX and Tekken 5: DR?

Not all that interested in FI EX sorry, but if we can get maybe like 2 other people for Tekken so its $5 a pop, then I would be down for that. I have been wanting to get it anyway.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

ngeunit1 posted:

Not all that interested in FI EX sorry, but if we can get maybe like 2 other people for Tekken so its $5 a pop, then I would be down for that. I have been wanting to get it anyway.

I'll be down for a Tekken DR share

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Harlock posted:

On taxes, I think the inital location you set for your PSN name determines if you pay taxes or not, not the payment info you entered. When I bought SSHD on my master account, I had to pay taxes since my address listed on that account was in NJ. When we did our Siren share account last night, I didn't have to pay taxes on 1942, despite my payment info being the same, but the location of the account was different.

Hmmm...I might have signed up initially in Delaware? Man that was a while ago and I lived in PA when I got my PS3 but my bills were still going to my parents house. That might be it.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

NicelyNice posted:

I'll be down for a Tekken DR share

Alright, that makes..

Tekken DR Share Group:
DominicWhite
NicelyNice
ngeunit1

Two more slots, I guess. Paypal accounts probably easiest.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dominic White posted:

Alright, that makes..

Tekken DR Share Group:
DominicWhite
NicelyNice
ngeunit1

I'd be up for it, but it'd probably be more worth it to buy the $30 version with online play.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Harlock posted:

I'd be up for it, but it'd probably be more worth it to buy the $30 version with online play.

There's multiple versions? Bah - if it's a cut-down version, then I'll pass.

Radnor
Dec 11, 2002

Octoparrot is watching you.

TheArtist 314 posted:

Awesome. Still waiting for two more paypal transfers though :colbert:

I say we find two other people if they don't pay by tonight. Slowpokes! :argh:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dominic White posted:

There's multiple versions? Bah - if it's a cut-down version, then I'll pass.
There's a $20 version, which is just the basic singleplayer game, and a $30 version which included online play. If you had bought one before the other, it only cost another $10 to upgrade I believe. So if you buy it from the start, might as well buy the upgraded version.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
I remember reading from a lot of people that the online mode is laggy and completely worthless.

I haven't played it though.

And to:
Japii
BrownThunder
failimbursury
savagehenry

I plan on getting Eden, so if the four of you guys are we can just keep the same group, let me know where you guys stand on that idea.

And what are your master account PSN's? I think I added two of you last night but I figure that would be an efficient way of keeping in contact.

dongsweep fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 25, 2008

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

dongsweep posted:

I remember reading from a lot of people that the online mode is laggy and completely worthless.

I think they've patched it since release. A buddy of mine swears by it but I've never tried.

I updated the OP with a listing of PSN games by recommendation level. Feel free to berate me now or let me know if I've missed anything.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
What is gripshift?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Harlock posted:

There's a $20 version, which is just the basic singleplayer game, and a $30 version which included online play. If you had bought one before the other, it only cost another $10 to upgrade I believe. So if you buy it from the start, might as well buy the upgraded version.

Is the full version shareable? Because I'd certainly be up for that. $30 shared between 3-5 people is dirt cheap.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

dongsweep posted:

What is gripshift?

This is GripShift. It's a racing/platforming game kind of like Trackmania with an absolute fuckton of stuff to do. Seriously there are so many tracks and challenges in this game it's insane. Then there's the cars and music to unlock uguu~

It's good and was one of the first games up on the PSN.

Clive Rockford
Aug 8, 2004

Lekk stinks!
Just a quick heads up, Yodzilla. Warhawk is playable on accounts other than the one it was purchased on since firmware 2.4.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Yodzilla, good work on the OP! This thread is really needed.

dongsweep posted:

And to:
Japii
BrownThunder
failimbursury
savagehenry

I plan on getting Eden, so if the four of you guys are we can just keep the same group, let me know where you guys stand on that idea.

And what are your master account PSN's? I think I added two of you last night but I figure that would be an efficient way of keeping in contact.

Mine is BrownThunder85. I'm all for a share of Eden or other games whenever they come out, just keep me posted.

DiminishedAngel
Jul 21, 2007

This Is My Story, Bitches
Dibs on a Wipeout HD share whenever it comes out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am already in the "PSN Newbie" share group, but do you know if the PS1 and PSP games are shareable as well? Not saying we start buying those just now, but if they are, we should put that in the OP.

The only thing I bought from PSN was the Warhawk expansion, and that it. Other then that, I am a clear slate.

Rothgil
May 12, 2008

Dominic White posted:

Alright, that makes..

Tekken DR Share Group:
DominicWhite
NicelyNice
ngeunit1

I'm up for it.

Edit: I've also got Pain up for grabs. I wouldn't mind sharing it with some folk.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
I am looking to pick up PixelJunk Eden, PixelJunk Monsters Expansion, Tekken 5:DR Online...

Damned near everything but Calling All Cars, PJ Monsters (Non-Expansion), Pain, Everday Shooter, Wolf of the Battlefield, Gripshift and LocoRoco. Already have those.

Diviance fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

TheArtist 314 posted:

Awesome. Still waiting for two more paypal transfers though :colbert:

Hey assholes! Pay up! I wanna play some scary poo poo tonight.

• Locked thread