Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
This is probably the best thread to ask the question in.

I know that you can share an account with up to 5 PS3s, but lets say that somebody decides to go in for lots of game-sharing. Is there a limit to the amount of logins that the PS3 will take before giving them any problems? I ask, because I'm going to probably partake in lots of future game shares, and it's a concern, albeit a small one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I just bought Rockband and would like to steal some extra DLC from people.

The only thing I can share with you is Pixeljunk monsters, and most of you guys already have that, but if anybody wants to do a goon a favor, I'd love some free DLC.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Vegastar posted:

I'll jump in for the PJM expo. Gimme a few to look into novastrike, depending on what it is, I might join you for that, too.

This is like a loving addiction.

EDIT: Yeah, count me in for Novastrike, too.

Basically, me too. How much would it be for PJM+, and how much extra for Novastrike? It's a topdown shooter, so similar to 1942, I guess? Which is fine by me, if it's not too much extra.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Nice. It's $6 for the PJM expansion and $10 for Novastrike. I'll go ahead and buy these tonight and hand out the info. So far we've got:

Yodzilla
dongsweep
Vegastar
Shmoogy

So it'll be about $3.75 each if there's five of us and $4.50 each if there's four. And if anyone really cares that much about $0.75 well drat. If any of you guys want to get the ball rolling you can send some money to choopes at gmail dot com so I can send you the download info ASAP.

e: ASAP = when i get back from work

The money has been sent!

You have sent $4.50 USD to choopes@gmail.com.

Send info on AIM whenever

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Aardark posted:

They are.

PS1 games are shareable?

Anybody for Parappa The Rappa?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Kemian posted:

I just bought a 3000 Yen card from ebay, and plan on getting: Shiki-tei + Expansion, Einhander, and UmJammer Lammy. I'd be happy to share for either some cash or other games, just shoot me a PM.

I don't have PM ability, how much are you looking to get for a share? I'd like to try UmJammer Lammy, but I don't really know/care bout the other games. Unfortunately, you can't just share one game with me :-(

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
If GT5 Prologue is shareable, I would be interested in that. Oh god, loving game sharing is going to eat up so much of my money.

Also, who else has a group for PJE for Thursday? I'd be up for tossing in 2-3$ to get it.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

UnL337 posted:

For 13-15$ you can buy Siren, 1942, and PixelJunk Eden (when it comes out) if you can find 4 others to share the price with. It's pretty loving awesome considering Siren is 40$, PJE and 1942 are both 10$.

e: Ah you edited, I didn't notice that. Sorry

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

DiminishedAngel posted:

PixelJunk Eden reminder:

1) DiminishedAngel
2) Shmoogy
3) Spincut
4) Diviance
5) mcmaken6

Can't wait till Thursday :). The demo for this game is awesome.

I'm going to have to drop. I'm sorry, but it's still really early, you'll have no problems getting a replacment. I'd rather not use another profile slot if I don't have to. Plus, I'm in for Bionic Commando.

quote:

Aardark posted:

Perhaps our Siren group would also be interested in getting Eden? That means:

Shmoogy
Yodzilla
Tenacious Dan
Aardark
Dominic White

I see Tenacious Dan started a new group already, but if everyone from our old group would be okay with spending two more dollars next week, we could just use the same account, which would be convenient.

I'm in nuggas.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Tenacious Dan posted:

OK. Have we checked with Yodzilla? Hopefully he's cool.

The 2 "new" Eden groups are:

1) DiminishedAngel
2) Spincut
3) Diviance
4) mcmaken6
5) YOUR NAME HERE

1) Vertigo
2) kri kri
3) Secx
4) Shards of Fate
5) YOUR NAME HERE

I'm sure two more people will come forward for these...

I haven't spoken to Yod in a day or two, I think he said he's going to be gone for the weekend.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I've got both of those but if the rest of you want to split them that's OK. Is there anything that no one in our group has that they might be interested in for real cheap? Something like Elefunk or PixelJunk Racers or High Velocity Bowling or Super Puzzle Fighter?

I'm actually set for a while, probably until Fat Princess comes out.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, this group seems best for doing that - getting new stuff on launch day at 1/5 price.

Yeah we probably aren't looking at buying anything else in this group until Fat Princess or something new and flashy comes out.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Guys I don't really "get" Siren so far. You start in a pitchblack shack and it says "run to the house". What house? I ran a random direction and hit an invisible wall.

I got stuck there too. On the road, there is a very hard to see path. There is a small light that you follow. It's not on the side where the police car is, it's like halfway between the shed and the pit of darkness.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Shards of Fate posted:

Anyone interested in all the DLC for Rockband?

I am interested in Rockband DLC. I already have lots, but I can't share them because I got them from my real life friends accounts.

If you're buying song packs/albums/songs or whatever, please let me know as I may be interested. (What songs/packs/albums and how much to chip in)

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

DiminishedAngel posted:

May as well start our PixelJunk Eden group too.

PixelJunk Eden reminder:

1) DiminishedAngel
2) Shmoogy
3) Spincut
4) Diviance
5) mcmaken6

I've already received your money, mcmaken6, so no worries there. The paypal fee is $0.37 so $2.37 would be preferred from everyone, though I won't really whine over a few lost cents.

My paypal-linked email is diminishedangel@yahoo.com.

I already said a few days ago I was dropping out of your group to retain with my other group. I'd rather stick with an account that already exists on my PS3 than use one of my 16 reserved slots. I thought you had already removed me. :-(

I'll send you the $ Yod later, 2.37 (what ppcalc said) so you'll grab 2$ after fees.

e: 4.43 after PP fees for PJE and Bionic

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah this sounds right for my guys. Send away!

You have sent $4.43 USD to choopes@gmail.com.

Sent good sir. I don't even like PJE yet, I really hope I can get into it so I can start trophy whoring.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
It's 10$, so if you have 5 people it's about 2.25 $ including paypal fees per person.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

SpeedRazor posted:

I'll be setting it up tonight when I get off work. Forgot that Siren is a pretty large download, so might as well get the ball rolling on that now.

It's 9 gigs, I'm playing my way through very slowly. I only have the first 6 episodes downloaded so far, because I ran out of storage :-(.

Looking forward to playing new games. I still haven't even played Novastrike. I'm also getting Shiki-tei and Um Jammer Lammy or whatever it's called from the Jap psn store once I get the clear through to send payment. I love this thread.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Tenacious Dan posted:

To those in my Eden/BC group: Yod said something about going to Mexico to get some antibiotics on the down low, but he promised to still buy Eden.

Despite what he says, I think he's going to use that $16 on the antibiotics.

It's because that dick spoiled him with his fancy $.11. What's the word on Bionic commando, when is it supposed to come out, two weeks?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Yod is still on probation but wanted me to ask for him.

Yodzilla is starting a Soul Calibur 4 sharing group for current and upcoming DLC so anyone that's interest post here.

Looking forward to PJE later tonight, it's going to be awesome!

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Yodzilla's Soul Caliber 4 Share:

1. Yodzilla
2. Rothgil
3. Gassire
4. Robdog
5. (Still searching for 1 more)

You will have to wait for either Yod to finish his probation, very shortly, or he will PM/contact you.

--Trent: I'm not going to be purchasing the DLC in bulk, I apologize, I have two friends that I need to pay back (DLC share wise), and it's a bit redundant to purchase half the DLC twice even though I'd pay slightly less. Sorry

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Tenacious Dan posted:

Hey Shmoogy, Yodzilla, Aardark, Dominic White:

Ratchet and Clank comes out Aug. 21... we gonna keep this thing going for that one? It's $15 ($3 each for the math troubled.) Since Yod is on probation, I vote yes for him.

I vote yes! I'm happy my group is so awesome that we just buy everything on one account.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

So the MotorStorm 2 demo comes with the next issue of Qore. There's no way I'm missing out on that so I want to know if those issues can be shared. Would my group wish to go in on this with me?

I'm not really interested in Qore. It's one of the few things I don't really care about at all, sorry.

Shmoogy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 22, 2008

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Hmm that's two out, two in, and one unspoken for. We'll see how this pans out. I really just want the MotorStorm 2 demo. :saddowns:

If it's just one episode, how much would it be per person? I don't really want/need it but I feel kind of bleh making you guys get a new group just for this.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I'm interested in The Last Guy, but not all that much in the Warhawk expansions. How much is it for the expansions? I might buy Warhawk some day, and I'd rather have them now cheaply, if the price is good enough.

No Wipeout this week, right? I haven't been following

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah Dan's already sent his $2.50 for The Last Guy. Da rest of you bums can send your bucks in too.

As for Warhawk, it appears that the expansions are sharable? I already have the first one but since they're $8 each and there's a pack of all three coming out for $16 I might bite the bullet and buy that using our share account. If anyone else wants in on those you can send your share of the money my way as usual ($3.60). I mean, just look how awesome this is going to be!

Unless of course someone comes up with cold hard evidence that says we can't share this stuff. From what I can see we can as long as you have the password for the purchasing account saved on your machine.

I'll send 6$ or whatever later on when I get back from class. I don't really feel comfortable attempting to paypal on my iphone through the Edge network.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Oh did everyone else from our normal group want it? I thought it was just Dan and I.

It was just you guys :-(

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Tenacious Dan posted:

So is our group getting Jeopardy? I could take it or leave it, I'll let everyone else vote.

VVVVVV I don't know if there's anything else, but I'm pretty sure we're getting Jeopardy.

Not really too crazy bout the idea of Jeopardy, but if it's cheap enough (2.40 with paypal fees?) and you other guys really want it, I wont let you down. I still haven't gotten a chance to play The Last Guy or QFB or any of our recent purchases. drat school :-(

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

TheArtist 314 posted:

I completely see your point, and I'm not arguing that anyone saying "don't share" is wrong. But, I wouldn't be getting the game otherwise and I'm sure I'm not alone. Games I really wanted I bought at full price, including the PJM games, Bionic Commando and Warhawk and its 3 expansions. It's not a money issue, I just don't feel my $20 should go towards a game that I'm not sure of, and there happens to be an interest in going in with a few people to get it for less.

I agree, I have spent quite a bit on the PSN, but nearly all through gameshares.

I honestly believe I would have only like, PJM, Fat Princess, and maybe a few others had game-shares not been an option. I buy pretty much every decent game now, and as a result of that. I don't feel like I'm cheating the developers. I just don't have a job during the school year, so it's either they get 0$ from me, or 2-5$ from me. I wouldn't buy Wipeout for 20$, but for 4$, it's an obvious buy for me. I don't enjoy the type of game, but I figure, for 4$ if I play it for just a few hours, it was worth the purchase.

This thread isn't about whether or not you agree with game-sharing, it's to organize them, so we should stop de-railing the thread.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I guess we'll know if anyone else in my group chimes in!

It's letting me download it no problem, so I'm assuming there are no problems. I won't finish my downloads for quite a while. I forgot about all the other stuff I never downloaded, so I've got like 8 gigs of games downloading right now.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

japii posted:

As of right now the share system is still intact. Nothing has changed in that regard. It just seems like Sony is starting to cover their bases in case they decided to start cracking down on it (with the stuff about not giving out your details and whatnot). The 6 sub-account thing doesn't have anything to do with that I don't think. That's just for setting up sub-accounts on the same system.

Unless Fremry meant that a game could be downloaded on up to 6 different machines now. But that's different from the sub-accounts.

I'm going to assume he meant that you can share with 6 total instead of the previous 5. You can have like 16 or 20 or something accounts total on one machine. I might be completely wrong, though.

If they change it so shares no longer work, or the ones I've previously bought, I'm going to be fairly upset. If old ones no longer work, I will be upset, but if they just make it not work in the future, I'm going to severely limit what I buy.

I buy so many things that I'm not very interested in, or that I only play for an hour or two because my group wants it. For 3-5$ it's not a big deal, and it's cheaper entertainment per hour than anything aside from an MMO subscription. Oh well, heres to hoping they don't change it. It's just to cover their asses incase someone game shares, forgets to remove their credit card info, and gets like 200$ stolen from their CC.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Feenix posted:

you can reactivate on the same hardware?

As long as theres a spot left for activation on the account, it should be fine.

I'm upgrading my drive soon, so let me know how it goes for you. I have a lot of game shares on my PS3 and I don't remember/know the password for like 95% of them, will the passwords stay stored if I do a backup and restore it?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

mongol posted:

Tuesday?!? :monocle:

Because Thursday is Thanksgiving.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I'm in, but I will not be purchasing it-- If we can find a single person willing to purchase it, that is.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

MTW posted:

Alright, who is doing the buy?

Not it!

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Monthly, somebody do the buy for Infamous so I can have something to play today :( My card doesn't work on the PSN !

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I want in on infamous if somebody backs out, IM me or post in thread please.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Four-String Samurai posted:

I'll give it a shot.

1. Four-String Samurai (buying)
2. MTW
3.Shmoogy

Who else is in?

I'll be near a PC for a while, so can paypal whenever we fill group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Sent e-mail regarding paypal not letting you accept payments.

• Locked thread