Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

This is a lovely little perk of owning a PS3 - just did a Siren + 1942 share with Yodzilla and some others.

The best way to go about it seems to be creating a unique login for a particular group-share, and then paypalling money to the (trustworthy) buyer, who then makes the transaction, removes his billing details from the account, and distributes the login to the rest of the group.

You then just log into this download account, start the download, and you can immediately switch back to your main PSN account and never have to switch back unless you want to redownload that particular game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

BookaT posted:

EDIT: I'm looking into sharing 1942, but I could care less for Siren. I don't know what Siren is :v:

PS3 remake (with a lot of changes) of the classic PS2 horror game. Full $40, 9gb game.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

One little detail of note: Only one person can be logged into a single account at any given time, so in a five-man share, try not to hog the login. Log in, start your downloads and queue them as quickly as possible, then log back into your own account and let someone else have their turn.

I've currently got my big 1942 + Siren download going. Doubt I'll have more than episode 2 or 3 of Siren by today, as my line is painfully slow. Should have most of it by tomorrow morning though.

And again, thanks to Yodzilla and the Siren Share Prototype Crew.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

A request. Anyone willing to split the price on Fatal Inertia EX and Tekken 5: DR? Alternatively, anyone already WITH either/both of those games willing to share them for cheap/free, if you've got fewer than five people already with them? They both look pretty neat, but not full-price neat. I hear they're fully shareable, like Siren.

For a swap, I don't have much to share.. Super Stardust + Expansions, Pixeljunk Monsters (Vanilla) and Pain (Vanilla)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

NicelyNice posted:

I'll be down for a Tekken DR share

Alright, that makes..

Tekken DR Share Group:
DominicWhite
NicelyNice
ngeunit1

Two more slots, I guess. Paypal accounts probably easiest.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Harlock posted:

I'd be up for it, but it'd probably be more worth it to buy the $30 version with online play.

There's multiple versions? Bah - if it's a cut-down version, then I'll pass.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Harlock posted:

There's a $20 version, which is just the basic singleplayer game, and a $30 version which included online play. If you had bought one before the other, it only cost another $10 to upgrade I believe. So if you buy it from the start, might as well buy the upgraded version.

Is the full version shareable? Because I'd certainly be up for that. $30 shared between 3-5 people is dirt cheap.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Nice. It's $6 for the PJM expansion and $10 for Novastrike. I'll go ahead and buy these tonight and hand out the info. So far we've got:

Yodzilla
dongsweep
Vegastar
Shmoogy

So it'll be about $3.75 each if there's five of us and $4.50 each if there's four. And if anyone really cares that much about $0.75 well drat. If any of you guys want to get the ball rolling you can send some money to choopes at gmail dot com so I can send you the download info ASAP.

e: ASAP = when i get back from work

Can I get in on this one, too? I'll chip in a couple of dollars and get in on this? I already have PJM, but could use the expansion.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Spincut already filled the fifth spot. Solly. :saddowns:

Ah well. It was worth a try.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Spincut posted:

I can, but it'd have to be after work (6:30-ish PST) so if anyone else steps up first they can do it.

Sounds fine to me. I'm in no rush.

So, it should be about $6.50-$7 per person, if we factor paypal fees into this, right?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Spincut posted:

Yeah, $6.49 exactly according to the handy-dandy website provided to us. For the Tekken people, if everyone's cool with waiting a bit, my paypal account is Spincutatgmaildotcom.

Sending the money now - just send the login info to the paypal email you recieve, once you've bought the game of course. Probably best to do it the 'Make a special sharing account that everyone can keep the password to permanently' way.

Thanks loads.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Kengi posted:

So for reference, you need to have your name in all lowercase, no apartment number on your account, no punctuation, and finally if you try more than 3 times (14 for me... :S) you can't use your card for 24 hours...

Thanks Sony.

And oddly enough, that 'all lowercase' trick solved my payment problems. Now I can buy from the UK store again. Thanks! I now have full access to UK, US, JP and HK stores. Sweet.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Aardark posted:

Perhaps our Siren group would also be interested in getting Eden? That means:

Shmoogy
Yodzilla
Tenacious Dan
Aardark
Dominic White

I see Tenacious Dan started a new group already, but if everyone from our old group would be okay with spending two more dollars next week, we could just use the same account, which would be convenient.

I'd be in for that 110% - anything else coming out around that time? There's Bionic Commando: Rearmed due soon as well (next week?), which looks nothing short of fantastic.

It'd certainly help if we used the same account - means we don't each have to use up another of the 16 current profile slots you get per PS3. I checked, and yes, you can have a maximum of 16 profiles active.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Just did a little digging around, and while it's not 100% confirmed yet, it looks like Bionic Commando WILL be launching on the same day as Eden. Adding those two games to the Siren + 1942 group share would be fantastic.

Edit: Ah, nevermind - 31st July in Japan. A few weeks later for the US version.

Hahah - the Japanese trailer for the game is awesome. 80s super-robot theme song!

Tenacious Dan posted:

If you can get shmoogy to betray his group as I am willing to, then let's get the old gang together!

Dropped him a note on AIM along with a link to this thread-page.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 27, 2008

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Regarding the Siren + 1942 + Eden + Bionic Commando group:

Aardark posted:

Shmoogy
Yodzilla
Tenacious Dan
Aardark
Dominic White

If for whatever reason Yodzilla isn't on board (although I have a hunch he will be once he gets back from wherever) I'll pay his share as well. It'd still be a pretty major discount.

Edit: Me dumb. We've got the whole set on board now for future PSN releases, starting with Eden and BC: Rearmed. Groovy.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 28, 2008

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I posted on the last page. :saddowns:

Me am not pay attention :downs:

As for possible other stuff.. I'd be up for the Blast Factor all-in-one pack. Maybe the Pixeljunk Monsters expansion (I've already got the base game) if anyone in the group wants to split the price on either of those.

Those are just potentials though. Any other ideas?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I've got both of those but if the rest of you want to split them that's OK. Is there anything that no one in our group has that they might be interested in for real cheap? Something like Elefunk or PixelJunk Racers or High Velocity Bowling or Super Puzzle Fighter?

I've already got Elefunk, and I'm not too interested in the others. Guess we're waiting on finding out what the other three want, if anything.

Is there a proper release schedule for this stuff anywhere online?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Tenacious Dan posted:

Like I said before though, most of the upcoming games I'll probably get if we're looking at just 20% of the full price.

Yeah, this group seems best for doing that - getting new stuff on launch day at 1/5 price.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Guys I don't really "get" Siren so far. You start in a pitchblack shack and it says "run to the house". What house? I ran a random direction and hit an invisible wall.

If you are ever lost in the game, hit select to bring up the area map. It's very helpful if you have no sense of direction (like me).

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

And how much is everyone doing for a fourth of Eden + fees? Two bucks?

Perhaps we should put down the money for Bionic Commando now while we're at it - save on paypal fuckery.

So, that'd be $4 + fees?

Oh yeah, BC:R reviewed by Edge today. In summary: Breathless, gushing praise.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 30, 2008

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Dollars sent to Yodzilla. Eden tomorrow, Bionic Commando in a week or two - platforming aplenty to look forward to.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Aardark posted:

Three days, that's harsh. :( Oh well. Sent my 4.50 $ for Eden and Bionic Commando as well. Do we know for sure that BC will be ten dollars?

Yeah, they've confirmed the prices as 800 MS Points/$10 for 360/PS3, and $15 for the PC version.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Tenacious Dan posted:

Hey Shmoogy, Yodzilla, Aardark, Dominic White:

Ratchet and Clank comes out Aug. 21... we gonna keep this thing going for that one? It's $15 ($3 each for the math troubled.) Since Yod is on probation, I vote yes for him.

I was going to ask about that, in fact. Looks like another good one, so sure, why not?

That's BC:R in two weeks, R&C in three. What else is on the horizon?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Aardark posted:

Isn't it? Bionic Commando will be ten dollars as well.

Yeah, only the PC version will be $15. I think they confirmed the 360 version as being 800 points ($10), so there'd be uproar and blood in the streets if the PS3 version cost 50% more.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Oh if I must!

But Thou Must!

Seriously though, it's a good idea. Our little group of five getting pretty much everything new seems the way to go.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The way I figure, a 5-way share on a $10 game means I get it for $2, or about £1.

£1 is how much a single credit costs on an arcade game nowadays, and I'll get 10-15 minutes play out of that if I'm lucky. So long as I get more than 15 minutes fun out of a shared game, it's good value in my book.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Are Warhawk expansions region-free? If so, I'm in. I've got the first two, but even a 1/5th share of the all-in-one pack would be cheaper than buying the third by itself.

I've got the UK version of the game, though, which might exclude me.

Edit: Just looked it up. previous expansions have been region-locked, So I guess I'm just in for The Last Guy today. Sorry about that. I'll be sending my money in a min.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 28, 2008

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

:argh: I didn't even think about region locking. Sucks.

If I had the foresight to buy the game off the US store in the first place, we wouldn't be having this problem. There's really very little reason to buy from the EU store now, unless it's for DLC on games I've bought locally instead of imported.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Harminoff posted:

Is Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty sharable? I am trying to find a game that my daughter and I can play together, and this looks good for that. Also, is this a fine game to play without playing any of the others? How long is it?

Yes, it's shareable - we'd be better off having a list of what isn't shareable, as that'd only be like 4-5 games.

It's a standalone expansion to R&C: Tools of Destruction, so you might want to get that first. That's all you should really need, although the earlier (PS2) games are still good fun.

It's short - like, 4-hours short. ToD is waaay longer.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Okay then, I'm.. actually rather shocked at the turn out for this. I was expecting like maybe 1 other dude and then us all awkwardly standing around until we all decide to pitch in $12 or something.

Agarest Group A is:
1. Policenaut
2. Dominic White (assumed)
3. Sleazoid
4. Coolio
5. Spectral Werewolf

Dominic is still MIA but I'm assuming he wants in, someone'll need to set this up as I'm useless aside from throwing digital internet money at someone and pestering them until they give me a PSN ID and password.

Yes, I'm in! Sorry about the delay. Being British, I can't be the buyer, but once poo poo is worked out, I'll throw my $12 at whoever is doing the spending.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I figure that even if the game turns out fairly meh, Agarest still can't be worse value for money than the new Vandal Hearts game, which was just a whole great big dissapointing mess.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Coolio posted:

I can set it up. I don't have plat though so I'll have to contact you guys by email. I have Sleazoids and Spectral's, but I still need Policenaut's and Dominic's.

Mail me at jdtarason@gmail.com

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Sleazoid posted:

That's good to know. The sooner I can start this massive download, the better.

I've already managed to pull down 10% of it. On my previous connection, this would be taking days, literally.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I'm officially on board for any Infamous 2 groups, if it turns out to be fully shareable. Wanted that game for ages.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ack! Guess I missed out on this one. I'm up for whatever Infamous 2 group starts up next. If you're forming one, put me in a free slot straight away. I've got money in my paypal account, and have been in a bunch of groups already, so I'm good.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

PSN has no region-locking, beyond the vague irritation of having to buy that regions point-cards to buy things, normally. We're in the HD era. PAL and NTSC are dead. 720p is the same worldwide.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

X_ThePerfect posted:

Just putting you on there as you said it was okay, Dominic! Feel free to tell me if you'd rather not.

I'm in! I'll pony up my share as soon as you request it.

Aphrodite posted:

DLC is usually region locked, though.

Well, locked to the version of the game it applies to. If you get a US game, you'll want the US DLC. A little bit finnicky, but not stopping you from doing anything.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 9, 2011

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

X_ThePerfect posted:

Mekkimaru at hotmail dot com and I'll hook you up as soon as it is on the store and purchased.

Alright, sending you the money - it's from a family business account, so just look at the attached little blob of info to see that it's from me.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Megalixir posted:

Would anyone be interested in a share of Crescent Pale Mist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7cwqbJ_LI

As an aside, this is a game where it REALLY helps to read the manual. It's surprisingly complex and the tutorial doesn't cover everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Anyone know when Castlevania HD is coming to PSN? The price of the 360 version + DLC is just crazy-bullshit-high, but split five ways I'd be more than interested in grabbing a copy of it.

• Locked thread