Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1266 »
Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Paul MaudDib posted:

unfortunately, what we are really after is 32 French Longue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

A Real Hologram posted:

What would be the best way to handle moving across country with a… “bunch” of ammo? Is there a way to do pallet size shipments of ORD?

If you aren't driving, I'd honestly sell now locally while ammo was high and backorder some cheap ammo to get sent to your new house.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Roundboy posted:

I can imagine dissapointment opening what you think is ammo, and finding it full of monster energy

Does monster also have an ord-m label?

Both are dangerous to suburban drywall in the wrong hands

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pallet delivery to a residential is going to be $ohdear expensive.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Ceros_X posted:

If you aren't driving, I'd honestly sell now locally while ammo was high and backorder some cheap ammo to get sent to your new house.

Yeah this if feasible, at least for commonly available stuff

Paul MaudDib
May 2, 2006

"Tell me of your home world, Usul"

CPO Sig P226R for $630

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 14, 2020

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

magpul has t shirts, eye glasses and gun belts on sale

https://magpul.com/sale.html?product_list_limit=60

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Need a price check - Ruger Free Floated PCC for $700 out the door. Good, bad, or average?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Captain Log posted:

Need a price check - Ruger Free Floated PCC for $700 out the door. Good, bad, or average?

Is it the model with the traditional rifle stock, or the chassis model with the pistol grip? If it's the former, that's pretty close to MSRP and about $50 bucks higher than prices I'm seeing online. If it's the latter, then that's about what the market bears, you wouldn't be getting a great deal but you wouldn't be getting screwed either.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Beardless posted:

Is it the model with the traditional rifle stock, or the chassis model with the pistol grip? If it's the former, that's pretty close to MSRP and about $50 bucks higher than prices I'm seeing online. If it's the latter, then that's about what the market bears, you wouldn't be getting a great deal but you wouldn't be getting screwed either.

Pretty sure it was the pistol grip free floated one. I'm thinking about trading an AR for it. I really like the shop and would be glad to give them the business. I need a rifle for the pistol range.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Got pics of that Ruger, Captain Log?

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Oh well loving done

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Captain Log posted:

https://gunprime.com/products/ruger...4331e-868029765
Assuming it's not a specialty coating or state compliant model, you're looking for model #19122 if you want to dig around online.
https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCa...eets/19122.html

Unrelated: If anyone's looking for an MSR Pocket Rocket 2, Amazon's currently got them for their lowest price ever at $32.95.
https://www.amazon.com/MSR-PocketRo...89499487&sr=8-1

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Got pics of that Ruger, Captain Log?

Ask me again a little later.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Captain Log posted:

Pretty sure it was the pistol grip free floated one. I'm thinking about trading an AR for it. I really like the shop and would be glad to give them the business. I need a rifle for the pistol range.

In that case it's a decent deal, especially for a brick and mortar shop.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Update of the Tiffany Blue Robin Egg Blue Glock 19s from Cabelas last week.

Earlier this week some people had their orders canceled, but today I'm reading that some people have actually picked up their guns. I think if your order hasn't been canceled your odds are actually pretty good! Mine is still in the backordered status, but they charged me 6 days ago so I'm confident.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Blem Geissele Super Duty Rifle $2000 $1,400

These go super fast.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!

Does anyone remember who had the deal on HM3X magnifiers. This would’ve been a couple weeks ago… I believe in this thread.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

https://www.scopelist.com/Vortex-Vi...e-PST-1607.aspx

Vortex Viper PST gen 2 1-6x24 MRAD like new demo for 490+tax. 2 in stock

Domini Cane
Oct 21, 2002

You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

not black enough posted:

https://www.scopelist.com/Vortex-Vi...e-PST-1607.aspx

Vortex Viper PST gen 2 1-6x24 MRAD like new demo for 490+tax. 2 in stock

Yoink! Bought. Thank you.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Domini Cane posted:

Yoink! Bought. Thank you.

I have one. It's really nice. Get a throw lever though, the magnification is really stiff.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Trillhouse posted:

Blem Geissele Super Duty Rifle $2000 $1,400

These go super fast.

If anyone wants a nonblem for a screaming deal I will sell a blanket 35% off geissele coupon.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Atticus_1354 posted:

If anyone wants a nonblem for a screaming deal I will sell a blanket 35% off geissele coupon.
This is a really good deal for anyone that wants a really nice AR. If I didn't already have two I would have taken advantage of it myself.

AR-15 Mil-Spec BCG, Rainbow PVD Coated $189.95 $161.46

I know you guys love it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Trillhouse posted:

This is a really good deal for anyone that wants a really nice AR. If I didn't already have two I would have taken advantage of it myself.

AR-15 Mil-Spec BCG, Rainbow PVD Coated $189.95 $161.46

I know you guys love it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Cmon Log, build the rainbow gun, you know you want to

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

DarkHorse posted:

Cmon Log, build the rainbow gun, you know you want to

SO...many...things...to do...first...

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

HK SP5 $2,800.00

Less of a deal and more of a "This is the first time in awhile I've seen these available and without price gouging".

Gen 3 Glock 19 Frame Parts Kit $49.99 plus free shipping

Edit: They have the same kit for Glock 17s at the same price.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 18, 2020

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Streamlight ProTac HL-X 1000-Lumen Rail Mount WeaponLight w/ Remote Switch $210.00 $105.00

These are big chunky lights.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

I posted this in the concealed carry thread, but I thought I'd repost it here for better luck, seeing as Vedder is having a 15% off Memorial Day sale with code "MEM15" and free shipping for orders >$100.

Toshokan posted:

Thanks everyone for the input about the Tier 1 Agis.

So for a solo holster without a sidecar, I've never carried AIWB, but I would like to try and I'm not sure what would be best or at least what would work best for me. I'm 5'8" and about 210lbs, so I want something comfortable and that doesn't print much.

My (relatively) cheap existing holsters for my M&P9 2.0c all seem to dig into my leg even when I just slightly bend over while standing. Is this normal or is this just because of my crappy holster that wasn't necessarily designed for AIWB or is this just what happens for pistols that size (e.g., Glock 19) when carrying appendix?

I've been looking at Vedder (specifically the lighttuck), Phlster (classic or spotlight), and JM Custom Kydex, but I'm a bit confused about what to get. I'm not sure what model would work best for my gun, body, and carry position.

Can anyone give me advice on these holsters?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Toshokan posted:

Can anyone give me advice on these holsters?

Never used any of those, sorry. But most people who've been carrying a while have a drawer or box full of old holsters that didn't quite work or wore out or got replaced with something better.

I try to sell/give mine away pretty often and still probably have at least a dozen sitting around. You may have to just try one and see if it works for you.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Tyro posted:

Never used any of those, sorry. But most people who've been carrying a while have a drawer or box full of old holsters that didn't quite work or wore out or got replaced with something better.

I try to sell/give mine away pretty often and still probably have at least a dozen sitting around. You may have to just try one and see if it works for you.

drat, that's what I had assumed, but was hoping that I wrong about.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Toshokan posted:

drat, that's what I had assumed, but was hoping that I wrong about.

You're probably going to have to do some experimentation though you may luck out. I am a big fan of the JM Custom Kydex AIWB holsters, but exactly what works for you can be different than what works for others. I will say that I like a wing claw, solid loops, and a foam wedge. I also prefer a longer holsters for short guns to keep the grip from sagging out. If can, I'd recommend getting a model where you can change out the attachment method (clips, hard loops, soft loops, etc) in case you don't like what it comes with but the rest of the holster works for you.

All that said, you're probably not going to get a good result AIWB with a holster that wasn't designed for it. What works well for IWB doesn't necessarily translate to AIWB and vice versa. The big thing on AIWB is to keep the gun's grip from sagging out (length, foam or other wedge, and a good belt help with this) and that rotates the grip into your body so that it lays flat against your torso and neither the grip nor the slide print excessively (wing claw or holster shape do this).

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Brownells has a memorial day weekend sale going on right now. Their cool Proto AR15 and the AR180 are marked down. Very tempting...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.duluthtrading.com/sale/...sale/clearance/

Duluth has a sale going. Some clothing and such, but the gear section is pretty neat. Some pretty good knives for cheap

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

canyoneer posted:

https://www.duluthtrading.com/sale/...sale/clearance/

Duluth has a sale going. Some clothing and such, but the gear section is pretty neat. Some pretty good knives for cheap

My favorite is probably this "dog toy" that I'm 99% sure is just a clay thrower with a tiny frisbee.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/kurgo...rance-only&ev3=

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

poeticoddity posted:

My favorite is probably this "dog toy" that I'm 99% sure is just a clay thrower with a tiny frisbee.

My dog doesn't have good enough trigger discipline for me to even begin to trust him with a shotgun

He hears boom stick and just goes nuts

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

poeticoddity posted:

There are two reviews. One says it's awesome and he can toss that thing super far to get his dog running. The other says it doesn't work and must be broken.

So yeah, sounds exactly like a clay thrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I would extremely recommend any Duluth clothing. It's all very durable, just wait until it goes on sale before you buy it. They have sales all the loving time.

I've worn their shoes, socks, underwear, jeans, and shirts. It's all quality stuff. I'm sure I'll eventually buy something of theirs I don't like, but I haven't yet.

«1266 »