Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

Captain Log posted:

I hate to admit it, but Amazon is loving essential in my household. But the thing that irritates me is that we will typically make a weekly order on Monday, grouping everything into one lot. If it isn't anything urgent, we will say it can all be shipped together in an attempt to keep people needing to do twenty-eight picks shipped in just as many packages.

But no matter what, it will end up being broken into a billion smaller orders delivered every day of the week.

(We do recycle every single box through Ebay, at least.)

Happens to me, too, and it's also annoying when they ship tiny, durable things in a large box when they could easily go in one of their recyclable padded mailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I hate to admit it, but Amazon is loving essential in my household. But the thing that irritates me is that we will typically make a weekly order on Monday, grouping everything into one lot. If it isn't anything urgent, we will say it can all be shipped together in an attempt to keep people needing to do twenty-eight picks shipped in just as many packages.

But no matter what, it will end up being broken into a billion smaller orders delivered every day of the week.

(We do recycle every single box through Ebay, at least.)

This is me but Walmart+. The rona ran through my house in January and for those 3-4 weeks, we had to do delivery groceries. I signed up for the free trial of W+. It was incredible to just have your groceries dropped on your porch without having to worry about ever stepping foot inside a grocery store ever. This is huge if you have small kids. We kept the subscription going after rona passed and we do an order probably every 7 days. Thereís 7 of us in the house so we go through an ungodly amount of fresh fruits and veggies.

For $100/year (plus tip for driver for each delivery), itís amazing for large families. Taking toddlers to the grocery store is a chore and it saves so much time.

Works even better if you get their Capital One CC that gives you 5% cash back.

We also have a lot of household goods (diapers, wipes, etc) on Amazon subscribe and save (with Amazon CC for 5% cash back as well) for the other stuff thatís cheaper on Amazon.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

is there something going on with Midway having Walkers earpro on sale what seems like constantly since January?

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

No idea but I jumped on that deal and they've been great

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Might be they're out of or backordered on all the more profitable/popular gun stuff, and gotta make payroll somehow.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

I suspect Walker is trying to clear out old stock of less popular models for new 2021 stuff coming out since their website is showing a lot of new 2021 products. Their flagship/primary model, Razor Slims aren't on sell so I just assume that's what's going down.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Steeltalon posted:

I suspect Walker is trying to clear out old stock of less popular models for new 2021 stuff coming out since their website is showing a lot of new 2021 products. Their flagship/primary model, Razor Slims aren't on sell so I just assume that's what's going down.

Yep this is my thought too although the old stock has been on sale for a while now. Some of their new stock descriptions are kinda cryptic as to whatís new or better.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Action-Bastard posted:

I've been buying Amazon's house brand spices: "Happy Belly"

Pretty decent for the price, especially if you got prime.

Penzey's spices are my mail order go to, I've never had better but ymmv.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Tibbeh posted:

No idea but I jumped on that deal and they've been great

Oh same, it just seemed like a long running sale just to be clearing out stock so I wondered.

Steeltalon posted:

Ah yeah if they're refreshing a bunch at once that makes more sense.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit:
https://slickdeals.net/f/14938088-1...-prime-or-on-25

Fig Bars for cheap after coupon and S&S.

Super cheap. Coupon is multi-use. This is a price mistake.
18 cents for me on the first one per box with my 5x S&S item discount. Just order 5 boxes.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 5, 2021

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

BeAuMaN posted:

18 cents for me on the first one per box with my 5x S&S item discount. Just order 5 boxes.

Hell yeah, my toddler loves these things. Thanks for supplying a couple months worth of affordable after daycare snacks!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

BeAuMaN posted:

Your first round of food deals is literally enough "The Grid Failed" nuts and chips non-perishable food that we are having to order another pantry shelf.

As a guy who never keeps less than thirty cans of tuna, I LOVE IT.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Edit: Already dead

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Plum-Hill-Smoke-Brown-Wood-Backless-Dining-Bench-49-in-W-x-18-in-H-04226/309089548

$1 Price Mistake Bench

Source: https://slickdeals.net/f/14944586-49-wood-bench-1

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 8, 2021

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Edit: lasted longer that time.

Another Price Mistake:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/StyleWell-29-in-Matte-Gunmetal-Backed-Bar-Stool-Set-of-2-CW827A-29-GMM/311174982
$9 stool chairs (set of 2)

Source: https://slickdeals.net/f/14944628-29-in-matte-gunmetal-backed-bar-stool-set-of-2-9

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 8, 2021

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Edit: Lasted longer than the last two

More price mistakes. Something is in the water at Home Depot today
https://slickdeals.net/f/14944805-gladiator-ready-to-assemble-freestanding-wall-garage-cabinet-from-40-more-free-curbside-pickup

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 8, 2021

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Ordered two. I paid for the shipping to my house but it was still super cheap for something Iíve wanted for a while

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Ordered 4 of them, will be great for the reloading room in the new house, if they dont get canceled that is.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Looks like those are out of stock already

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Dang definitely would have grabbed one.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Possibly of interest to bow hunters:
A Hurricane brand bag target made the front page of SlickDeals.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Anyone need 5x Stainless Steel Gardening Snips w/ 1.75" blades?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Corona-1-75-in-Stainless-Steel-Long-Straight-Snips-AG-4930SS/205370241
Add 5 to cart and the price drops to $15, or $3 a piece.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011
Chelsea Manning is a goddamned HERO

That deal would belong in the weed thread if they were teflon or titanium coated blades.

Trimming with stainless steel is fine, but the blades gum up faster than coated.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 10, 2021

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

BeAuMaN posted:

Anyone need 5x Stainless Steel Gardening Snips w/ 1.75" blades?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Corona-1-75-in-Stainless-Steel-Long-Straight-Snips-AG-4930SS/205370241
Add 5 to cart and the price drops to $15, or $3 a piece.

Jumped on that since I'm always laying mine somewhere random and losing them for a couple days.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That deal would belong in the weed thread if they were teflon or titanium coated blades.

Trimming with stainless steel is fine, but the blades gum up faster than coated.

e: at first I thought you meant lawn weeds and I got excited there was a lawn care thread somewhere.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

e: at first I thought you meant lawn weeds and I got excited there was a lawn care thread somewhere.

More like Henrik Hill

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011
Chelsea Manning is a goddamned HERO

Hey now, Hank smoked the reefer when he owned Sugarfoots.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hey now, Hank smoked the reefer when he owned Sugarfoots.

Hank is one of the greatest TV Dads. He's out of time, but he still tries to be a decent person, and not be a judgemental gently caress. I love when he figures out he is renting a room to a sex worker.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Goddamn, $40 for those floor cabinets a few days back? I have a wall-mount version of that, it's fantastic. I would be so much more broke if I was consistently awake early enough to see active deals like that.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

My friend's stool order shipped; 5 stools. Another goon has store pickup on some cabinets and I do too but those may still get cancelled, and others have received cancellation notices on other orders.

Here's hoping we get some new cabinets!

I mentioned on discord that in retrospect I wish I bit the bullet and paid $55 to ship four of them home.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I ordered 2, as separate transactions. The 2nd was canceled, the first says it's already on the way to my local store. Fingers crossed.

Edit: order 2 canceled. Those fuckers.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Mine haven't been canceled yet but the ship-to-store date is April 27th and everyone else orders have been canceled so I'm not holding my breath.