Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Goddamn, I didn't know it was that bad.

I ended up just buying this:

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blazer-brass-handgun-ammunition-9mm-luger-115-gr-fmj-1145-fps-50-ct.html

It was a hair cheaper and in boxes which I prefer for storage. Still nuts but I'd rather just pay it then troll reddit at 5 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up on Natchez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I ended up paying for shipping (for the cabinets) but they got cancelled so YMMV

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ophidian posted:

I ended up paying for shipping (for the cabinets) but they got cancelled so YMMV

Hmmm, those I talked to that opted for the shipping had no issue. Guess Home Depot's system is really random.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

BeAuMaN posted:

Hmmm, those I talked to that opted for the shipping had no issue. Guess Home Depot's system is really random.

They still haven't shipped my clippers but say they should arrive the 20th. I want my pile of trimmers drat it.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

BeAuMaN posted:

All store pickup at home depot.
Stools cancelled.
Benches cancelled.
Rolling cabinet cancelled.
Cabinet cancelled.
Second cabinet confirmed and picked up and on the way home now.

Apparently splitting into multiple orders means one price mistake might get through. If anyone still has a pickup order not cancelled good luck.

People who ordered and paid the $55 shipping on cabinets had their order shipped instead of cancelled though afaik. For a price mistake like this in the future it might be wiser to order 3 or 4 and eat the shipping split across each of them when it comes to Home Depot.

My cabinets say they will be ready for pickup tomorrow. I am guessing they would have canceled it by now if they were going to. I am really hoping I dont drive 2 hours to pick them up and they say lol canceled when I get there.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

ZebraBlade posted:

My cabinets say they will be ready for pickup tomorrow. I am guessing they would have canceled it by now if they were going to. I am really hoping I dont drive 2 hours to pick them up and they say lol canceled when I get there.
I opted for Curbside pickup; I figure they ask less questions that way. If you didn't order that way then you may be able to do that in the app once it gets there, or it may give you a button on the email telling you they're ready for pickup. They'll have a designated parking spot near the checkout counter.

Example Order Ready Email:

Once you press the button it autofills your order number and has you fill out your name, vehicle, parking spot number, checkbox that you're in the parking spot, and done.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 20, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Goddamn, I didn't know it was that bad.

I ended up just buying this:

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-blazer-brass-handgun-ammunition-9mm-luger-115-gr-fmj-1145-fps-50-ct.html

It was a hair cheaper and in boxes which I prefer for storage. Still nuts but I'd rather just pay it then troll reddit at 5 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up on Natchez!

I never had any Blazer fail to go bang but it's dirty.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Blazer is pretty dirty in my experience across calibers, but what it leaves behind isn't difficult to clean, which is nice.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Iíll take what I can get. Cleaning guns by myself in my garage is relaxing, anyways :p

Now to find where I can buy some overpriced .223...

Iíd been thinking about getting some new guns in calibers I donít currently own but this shortage is making me strongly reconsider.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

I was looking for .22 and the cheapest is hovering around 25 cents per round. I was trying to research which manufacturers were decent since I'm planning on using it for maximum accuracy target practice and I came across this quote:

quote:

Look for ďgoodĒ prices around 5-8 cents each. I think the days of sub-5 cent rounds are long behind us.

*cries in rimfire*

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

DarkHorse posted:

I was looking for .22 and the cheapest is hovering around 25 cents per round. I was trying to research which manufacturers were decent since I'm planning on using it for maximum accuracy target practice and I came across this quote:

*cries in rimfire*

That must be a few years old because in 2019-early 2020 prices had actually dropped so that you could get decent bulk ammo for under 4cpr if you found a good sale.

If you want maximum accuracy then just buy the high end target ammo like Eley. Quality will be better and you aren't going to be paying much of a markup compared to regular ammo since panic buying hasn't hit that type of stuff too hard since it was already pretty expensive in comparison (20+cpr)

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

That must be a few years old because in 2019-early 2020 prices had actually dropped so that you could get decent bulk ammo for under 4cpr if you found a good sale.

If you want maximum accuracy then just buy the high end target ammo like Eley. Quality will be better and you aren't going to be paying much of a markup compared to regular ammo since panic buying hasn't hit that type of stuff too hard since it was already pretty expensive in comparison (20+cpr)

Was gonna say this. The current panic is nothing like the previous ones. People arenít just hoarding all the ammo causing supply to dry up, supply is low (COVID shutdowns) causing prices to increase and everything is out of stock as a consequence. Couple that with a Democrat president, house, and senate and everyone who ever thought of getting a gun is buying right now. All the cheap guns are gone, but if youíre into milsurp or higher end things you have a decent shot at finding it (at a higher price of course). Even mags and parts are somewhat easy to find.

Once production starts back up and these merchants start having more than one case of ammo for sale prices should stabilize, probably 10-15% 2 year ago averages.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Things do seem to be slowly improving. It might be 6 months to a year before we start seeing stocked shelves again though.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

I backordered a few thousand rounds of SK and Eley 22lr back in December. The SK came in within a few weeks. The Eley hollow points showed up last week. The Eley Contact is still awaiting fulfillment. Kinda makes me think I should go ahead and order more, because I'm sure the lead times are even longer now.

The big variable, of course, is actually being able to make it to the range

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Got my cabinets ~$1,300 retail for under $175 including gas to pick them up lol

Now to move and assemble 480lbs of cabinets down in my basement.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Gimme Gimme Swedish Fish...

Fallen Rib

Congrats. Scores like that are so satisfying.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

ZebraBlade posted:

Got my cabinets ~$1,300 retail for under $175 including gas to pick them up lol

Now to move and assemble 480lbs of cabinets down in my basement.
Congrats!

Did you do regular pickup or curbside? And did anyone bat an eye?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

CCI standard velocity and a few other rimfire options are in stock, I'm sure it won't last long. SV looks like 8 CPR before shipping, max 500 rounds

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/standard_velocity/6-35.html

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Tyro posted:

CCI standard velocity and a few other rimfire options are in stock, I'm sure it won't last long. SV looks like 8 CPR before shipping, max 500 rounds

Already OOS.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Tyro posted:

Thanks I managed to get an order right away after reading this.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

BeAuMaN posted:

Congrats!

Did you do regular pickup or curbside? And did anyone bat an eye?

No I had to go in a buy a mower while I was at it. The guys that got my order and helped me load everything in my truck said I got a hell of a deal. Don't think they really cared.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011
Chelsea Manning is a goddamned HERO

I've been a home depot employee twice in my life. They don't care. You're out of the way and they're off to face however many more hours of hating retail life.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've been a home depot employee twice in my life. They don't care. You're out of the way and they're off to face however many more hours of hating retail life.
In my past experiences I must have encountered a different employee at this particular home depot store. Lowes though? Yeah.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

ZebraBlade posted:

No I had to go in a buy a mower while I was at it. The guys that got my order and helped me load everything in my truck said I got a hell of a deal. Don't think they really cared.

As a retail employee, I am gleeful when something happens that costs the company money and won't blow back on me.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

When I worked retail I hated that kind of thing because I was afraid it WOULD blow back on me. Whether directly or by hurting my metrics.

e: but I was a commissioned sales person so it's a little different

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

I will never load anything in anyone elses' vehicle again. gently caress all that nonsense. Optimistic that I'll be dead before returning to retail.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

ZebraBlade posted:

Oh nice. Well, We expect a Box Thread, or rather a Room Thread with your basement reloading + cabinet setup when you're done. Whatever setup it is, it'll look really nice.

Dance McPants
Mar 10, 2006

BeAuMaN posted:

Alright, here's a funny price mistake. A silly price mistake. Do you need 6 range hoods w/ 600 CFM for your 6 kitchens? That have 27" touch smart screens that are probably running android and are Netflix compatible? Do I have the price mistake for you!
Edit: Wait, hold on hold on... let me re-market these: Do you need 6x 600CFM RELOADING hoods?

Your total will come out to $588 + Tax, bring it down to $98 per hood. Free home delivery (maybe store pickup? Kind of a specialty thing). Probably will get cancelled. If you have a Home Depot card I think you have 1 year to return them.

I got in a bit late on this and spent like $130 per hood but they're here! It took almost six months with two cancelled deliveries and I only got 4 of the 6 I ordered but it looks like I found (another) summer project to do. It'll be worth it to finally have a vent hood in time for summer cooking. The 27" touchscreen and dual cameras are cool too I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Hell yeah

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Dance McPants posted:

I got in a bit late on this and spent like $130 per hood but they're here! It took almost six months with two cancelled deliveries and I only got 4 of the 6 I ordered but it looks like I found (another) summer project to do. It'll be worth it to finally have a vent hood in time for summer cooking. The 27" touchscreen and dual cameras are cool too I guess.
Nice! Love it when a price mistake works out.

I ended up cancelling mine since I talked to some contractors friends I knew and I couldn't move the extras quickly; if I lived in town I'd be more willing to do the craigslist/offerup shuffle on multiple units. My coworker though did indeed receive all 6 units and sold the other 5 he didn't need over a few months, so he came out ahead with a small profit of about ~$300 + a free unit.

Hopefully you can either sell or find a use for the others, and I hope this fancy hood works out for your kitchen .

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Discussion Quorum posted:

When I worked retail I hated that kind of thing because I was afraid it WOULD blow back on me. Whether directly or by hurting my metrics.

e: but I was a commissioned sales person so it's a little different

I am not paid a commission, I am paid by the hour, and I'm either the last jenga block holding up a whole heap of poo poo or I've just not pushed hard enough to get fired ( yet ).

If I'm doing end of day reductions on meat and I see a customer picking up something I know I'm about to reduce, I will stop them, reduce it the standard 40%, and hand it back. Unless they're annoying.

Note: like a spiteful crow, a retail employee will remember the face of someone who hosed them over and will never, ever do them a favor ever again. I can't remember the names of people I've worked with every day for four years, but I remember That Guy Who Is An rear end in a top hat.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Tyro posted:

SV back in stock, same price and limits as last time.

edit: And blazer.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/blazer/blazer_rimfire/4-21.html

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

SV is OOS but I ordered a brick of Blazer. Thanks!

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

poeticoddity posted:

SV is OOS but I ordered a brick of Blazer. Thanks!

Same, thank you

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Smith & Wesson knives starting at $3, Free Shipping:
https://store.smith-wesson.com/sale/?srule=price-low-to-high&start=0&sz=51

Thread: https://slickdeals.net/f/15007852-smith-wesson-knife-clearance-extreme-ops-liner-lock-folding-knife-3-10-free-s-h-and-more

Edit: Additional discount codes:
GROUNDHOG for 25% off (1 per account)
SMITH10 for 10% Off (1 per account)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 8, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Sweet. 4 knives coming my way for $17 and change.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

BeAuMaN posted:

Thread: https://slickdeals.net/f/15007852-smith-wesson-knife-clearance-extreme-ops-liner-lock-folding-knife-3-10-free-s-h-and-more

SMITH10 for 10% Off

Wow that's quite the sale. Something doesn't feel right though, like maybe they are from a defective batch? Or they want to give knives away to certain people for some reason?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

This isn't going to turn out like that Coast thing, is it?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

BeAuMaN posted:

SMITH10 for 10% Off

That's awesome, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Well that's a dozen knives on the way. Always good to have a few spares in drawers around the house, cars, toolbox, range bag, camping bag, desk, etc.