Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This isn't going to turn out like that Coast thing, is it?

Completely successful for everyone but the company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I hate Smith & Wesson knives and certain ones wouldn’t allow me to order due to a “Pricing Error.”

But I got nine knives for $38 shipped that will likely go straight to eBay! Hurray!

If anyone snagged that asinine karambit before it sold out...drat YOU!!! That’s the only one I outright wanted.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

ZebraBlade posted:

Well that's a dozen knives on the way. Always good to have a few spares in drawers around the house, cars, toolbox, range bag, camping bag, desk, etc.

I like the way you think.

They also should be good for practicing my sharpening skills. I don't want to gently caress up my $150 Benchmade's angle my first time seriously trying to sharpen a knife.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

$3-5 is a fair price for their quality. They are great tackle box knives

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

It feels like they put it on sale to harvest data. Find out who the well connected are in the weapon community.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

Just picked up one of the most expensive ones and a ~Tactical Pen~. Thanks for the heads up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011
Chelsea Manning is a goddamned HERO

my kinda ape posted:

Completely successful for everyone but the company?

They probably added a slew of new customers though. Hell of a way to accidentally buy good publicity.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their knives are pure chinesium. They are probably still not losing money.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

stealie72 posted:

$3-5 is a fair price for their quality. They are great tackle box knives
Yeah that's what I figured. I picked up 3 of the cheapest ones; they'll be among the other stocking stuffers for my cousins.

I think they'd be losing money on those who order only a few of the cheapest ones, and mainly on shipping.

human garbage bag posted:

It feels like they put it on sale to harvest data. Find out who the well connected are in the weapon community.
Since it went frontpage on Slickdeals they'll just find out who the cheapest people are on the internet

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 7, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm very upset that Smith and Wesson ridiculous karambit was sold out in the space between being put in my cart and my pressing buy. I also think they were slowly wising up to the pricing being hosed up, because about a third of the knives in my cart said, "Cannot proceed due to pricing error."

If I had a better idea how well Smith and Wesson knives did on Amazon, I'd have bought a poo poo ton more. I think I got nine for less than $40.

If anyone snagged the karambit before I could, please do something cool with it. I was going to make it my new letter opener.

This is my current one and I unironically love this $7 M-Tech.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

I just got a knife from Ontario Knife Company and I'm extremely pleased with it, otherwise I'd be mad I missed this

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if some shopping cart platforms can see a spike in http referrer being slickdeals or Reddit and actively alert operations that something’s hosed

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I'll be surprised if all these knives ship, but if they do then I have cheap knifes to live in basically all my common use bags and coats. At some point I'm sure I'll accidentally try to board an airplane with one and have to toss it.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

i added a few $5 ones. at this point its easier to buy a new knife then break out the whetstones and sharpen my existing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

If someone wants to gamble, a NR seller put a USP9c on Gunbroker with a $480 BiN. It's either estate liquidation, or a scam.
Almost certainly a scam.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 7, 2021

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

Dead Reckoning posted:

If someone wants to gamble, a NR seller put a USP9c on Gunbroker with a $480 BiN. It's either estate liquidation, or a scam.

After our recent B76 experience I'm gonna say that there's a 99% chance that's a scam.

PayPal for a firearm (and the only payment method at all!) is enough to throw up red flags. And that with a too good to pass up BIN is extremely suspicious. I've seen a couple other scammers (or maybe it's the same guy) with the same MO on completed auctions lately.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 7, 2021

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Dead Reckoning posted:

100% a scam. 5 listings under a NR seller, all BIN are well under what are current normal selling prices on GB, only accepts paypal.....

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

100% a scam just for the PayPal-only aspect.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I didn't catch the PayPal thing, good call.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Just ordered four lovely knives myself. Had more in my cart but they ran out of stock of several before I could complete the order!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

I think you will be satisfied with their quality at $3-4 each.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit: Dead

I'm late getting to this but according to this thread the code MOM25 is taking 50% off everything on https://www.berettausa.com/

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/store/gun-accessories/

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/store/shooting-gear/

And of course they have various clothing, and there's a "shop by" link up top that lets you shop for accessories by model.

Beretta can't math

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 8, 2021

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

BeAuMaN posted:

I'm late getting to this but according to this thread the code MOM25 is taking 50% off everything on https://www.berettausa.com/

And of course they have various clothing, and there's a "shop by" link up top that lets you shop for accessories by model.

Beretta can't math

Wow, thank for posting this! Of course all the threaded barrels are OOS, but I picked up some mags!

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

The 22 conversion kit is there... I have one it's great, at 50% off... drat

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Gimme Gimme Swedish Fish...

Fallen Rib

That Works posted:

The 22 conversion kit is there... I have one it's great, at 50% off... drat

Can confirm. 22lr kit for $150.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

BeAuMaN posted:

Beretta can't math

I am super excited to been the soon to be owner of half a dozen bright pink gun socks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Trying to think if I need anything from Beretta.

If anyone finds other cool poo poo, like pink gun socks, post 'em!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

I am super excited to been the soon to be owner of half a dozen bright pink gun socks.

Initially read this as bright pink gun stocks and was more excited

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Looks like it got fixed

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

stealie72 posted:

Sweet. 4 knives coming my way for $17 and change.

Same. Been wanting a new knife to carry around. Got a few for me, and a few to give away. It'll be nice to have something a little better than a rattly-rear end poo poo I normally carry.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It'll be nice to have something a little better than a rattly-rear end poo poo I normally carry.

I have some bad news about gun branded knives.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah, these are still jank rear end knives. But like one level up from total garbage. They're great for glove compartments and tool boxes.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Atticus_1354 posted:

I have some bad news about gun branded knives.

Oh, I know. But they're better than rando flea-market knives that may or may not lock depending on how the stars are aligned.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

M-Tech is actually good, for the price. Don't be embarrassed to own them if you want a literal throw-away-cheap knife.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

H&K factory MP5 30rd mags are available in FDE for $80. Code HK15 brings them down to $68 each, no tax and free shipping if you order 2+.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

H&K factory MP5 30rd mags are available in FDE for $80. Code HK15 brings them down to $68 each, no tax and free shipping if you order 2+.

TIL my desire to own several spare magazines for all of my guns (except you, over-priced Ruger .308 rotary mags) can be leveraged against my desire to irresponsibly buy an MP5.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Apparently those are "RAL8000" color and as such are "collector's items" that currently go for over $200 on Gunbroker (several active auctions right now, lol). HK Tax is pretty silly.

ScrubbingBubbles
Feb 11, 2009

poeticoddity posted:

TIL my desire to own several spare magazines for all of my guns (except you, over-priced Ruger .308 rotary mags) can be leveraged against my desire to irresponsibly buy an MP5.

Semi-serious, semi-pedantic question brought to you by my carb-coma: does a rotary mag maybe kind of count as a drum?

Also: HK45 mags apparently have an MSRP of ~$50.00, vs the $75.00 they used to cost. Huh, how about that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

So has anyone actually gotten a shipping notice for those S&W knives yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Allow me to interject. I have been using electronic cigarettes for a few months now. You see, I am an Expert

No, but this morning my cc contacted me to confirm a suspicious charge from them that was a little less than half of what my order was for.