Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So has anyone actually gotten a shipping notice for those S&W knives yet?

Nossir, I have not. But I've not received a cancellation notice either, so I'm not too worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

I just called S&W customer service. They said that they had such a surge in orders that day that their inventory system couldn't keep up. So 4 out of the 5 SKUs I ordered weren't going to ship because their inventory system allowed me to order but in reality they had already run out.

She said you will only get charged when it ships, and that you'll only get charged for what ships (obviously). She said there's a long backlog of orders and it might be another week before stuff ships for some people.

So some stuff you might not get. I couldn't snag any of the pens, even though it let me order them. 3 out of the 4 knife SKUs I ordered were OOS too.

So it's a disappointment, but at least I'm getting 3 cheap knives for $15.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bored As gently caress posted:

I just called S&W customer service. They said that they had such a surge in orders that day that their inventory system couldn't keep up. So 4 out of the 5 SKUs I ordered weren't going to ship because their inventory system allowed me to order but in reality they had already run out.

She said you will only get charged when it ships, and that you'll only get charged for what ships (obviously). She said there's a long backlog of orders and it might be another week before stuff ships for some people.

So some stuff you might not get. I couldn't snag any of the pens, even though it let me order them. 3 out of the 4 knife SKUs I ordered were OOS too.

So it's a disappointment, but at least I'm getting 3 cheap knives for $15.

Dang. What kind of poo poo inventory system do they use? I've worked for companies with three warehouse workers and software from the 80's that can keep up.

I was going to turn around and resell them, unless I really like one.

The only one I really wanted was that ridiculous karambit, but it was out before I could order.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Mondian posted:

No, but this morning my cc contacted me to confirm a suspicious charge from them that was a little less than half of what my order was for.

Was it from AOB PRODUCT COMPANY?

Because I have such a pending charge on my card and I assume it's for whichever of my ordered knives might actually ship.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Allow me to interject. I have been using electronic cigarettes for a few months now. You see, I am an Expert

armorer posted:

Was it from AOB PRODUCT COMPANY?

Because I have such a pending charge on my card and I assume it's for whichever of my ordered knives might actually ship.

Yup

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So has anyone actually gotten a shipping notice for those S&W knives yet?
Nada. Go figure they have some backwards inventory system though. Slickdeals effect strikes again.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Thanks for the headsup. I just saw that entry on my credit card statement and was wondering what the heck it was. It ended up being for only $9.17, so I guess it's for two knives (although which two I don't know because the math doesn't add up for any two knives when I review my order). How exciting!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Mondian posted:

No, but this morning my cc contacted me to confirm a suspicious charge from them that was a little less than half of what my order was for.

I love those suspicious charge notifications. I had one yesterday where my wife picked up her phone, looked at it, and just said "this is some dumb gun thing, isn't it?"

Yes, yes it was (reference books in this case).

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

So can anyone tell me what happened with all of gunbrokers listings?

I used to browse on there quite often but have done more ATV'ing and snowmobiling over the last few years. I just checked it out and poo poo is just empty. Is it the covid craze still going on?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

stgdz posted:

So can anyone tell me what happened with all of gunbrokers listings?

I used to browse on there quite often but have done more ATV'ing and snowmobiling over the last few years. I just checked it out and poo poo is just empty. Is it the covid craze still going on?

What are you looking for?

Because every time I look at guns on there I'm trying not to buy poo poo.

But yeah, people are still buying anything tactical

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also retro, in the AR department. One dude on Reddit dropped $500 on a DOE slickside upper - no barrel/sights/handguard, just the receiver. (I think he had to buy the aftermarket smoke deflector, too.)

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Maybe it's just me and my little gun niche, but I've noticed a lot of pretty good prices on used guns. While ammo prices are still a mess it seems like the used gun market is actually pretty good.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Allow me to interject. I have been using electronic cigarettes for a few months now. You see, I am an Expert

Got a shipping notice an hour ago from fedex on those knives... nothing from S&W though

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Maybe it's just me and my little gun niche, but I've noticed a lot of pretty good prices on used guns. While ammo prices are still a mess it seems like the used gun market is actually pretty good.

Yeah, I've scored some pretty good deals in the last year on antique (as in no FFL required) german bolt action rifles. I mean, lots of over priced poo poo too, but if you're patient there are deals to be had.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

Cyrano4747 posted:

8 shot nframe
3" lcrx
ATI 1911 hybrid

Used to be a lot of hits on those but now nothing.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Anyone have a line on gen 4 Glock 17 frames? I've been looking off and on for months and haven't found a single one under $500 in a long while.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

https://slickdeals.net/f/15022726-microsoft-surface-laptop-go-intel-i5-1035g1-12-4-128gb-ssd-8gb-ram-win-10-pro-350-7-s-h
Microsoft Surface Laptop Go for $349.99

Price mistake; Normally twice as much. It's at TigerDirect though, might have better luck shipping if you can get Best Buy to price match
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...p?skuId=6428996

Price match policy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/customer-service/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002
That's what someone did during the apple price mistake last time (which I wasn't awake for).

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 13, 2021

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

I ordered one from TigerDirect and if it gets cancelled, that's PayPal's headache to sort out.

I've been looking for a laptop I could charge via USB-C PD for a while. Thanks!

Edit: Got an order confirmation from TigerDirect, so hopefully it ships.

Double edit: They cancelled it.

poeticoddity fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 13, 2021

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Got my order for in from Beretta. Apparently half off an overpriced Sako magazine was fine but six gun socks was two too many. I also got a snazy Sako shirt. That was a pretty good haul.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I only ordered two cheap s&w knives and they are on the way now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

Roundboy posted:

I only ordered two cheap s&w knives and they are on the way now.

One of the "most expensive" knives that was still in stock along with a ~tactical pen~ for me.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I snagged four five dollar knives and they're on the way. Would have ordered a dumbass pen if they had'm.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

I ordered 3 knives, only one showed up, and I have two charges for presumably 2 knives. packing slip only had one knife so I'll wait to see if one of the two pending charges disappears. fun

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Mine just shipped out today.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Where from? I got a weird rear end notification from Missouri.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I got a fedex shipping email saying I had a package scheduled to ship out on Monday.

Sender is AOB Products Company, in Missouri

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

armorer posted:

I got a fedex shipping email saying I had a package scheduled to ship out on Monday.

Sender is AOB Products Company, in Missouri

Ahhhh, bingo. Thatís it.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Woot has a new, open-box, EOtech EXPS3-0 for $606.60.
The lowest I see elsewhere on gun.deals is $630, and most listings are $690+.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I was outside just thinking about how my EDC knife is a bit too dull to nicely cut this landscaping fabric, when fedex shows up with my S&w knife.

Only one, even though my shipping email had two. Package item list only shows one. I guess I'm either out 3.82 or it's in a yet unlisted shipment. I only have two total and cloth listed as in stock on all update emails

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mine still havent shipped so we'll see

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Got all four of the foldy-stabs I ordered from Smith and Wesson. I like them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

All four of mine are shipped, in theory, so we'll see if they show up. All of them are silly garbage, so I'm obviously excited! Because what's missing from my life is a fixed blade tanto to hang in the shed and open chicken feed bags with.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got all mine yesterday thanks to FedEx delivering on a Sunday. 1 for a cheap father's day gift for FIL, 1 cheap toolbox knife, and 2 because $4 knives lol.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Well, that's annoying.

Ordered some of those S&W knives.

Earlier this morning I got a fraud alert text from my CC company, asking if I recognized $26.06 at AOB PRODUCTS COMPAN. Because today is the 17th and I placed the order on the 6th, and because I completely forgot that S&W changed the name of their holding company, I said "no," so now I'm not getting my knives (no big deal) but I am getting a new credit card in the mail (and changing everything I have autobilled to that card is going to be a pain in the rear end.)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Good god are the folders heavy as hell. This is a car knife, not an EDC. Makes me appreciate my 565-1 all the more.

EDIT: Yeah, not a fan of the "auto-open" switchblade-like function, either - it's kind of clumsy and I have no idea how and didn't feel it when it happened, but it superficially sliced the top of my left index finger between the knuckles.

The tactical pen seems alright, at least.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 17, 2021

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007

If anyone's looking for 9mm Marakov, this looks to be roughly half the price of what's normally on ammoseek.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

Well, that's annoying.

Ordered some of those S&W knives.

Earlier this morning I got a fraud alert text from my CC company, asking if I recognized $26.06 at AOB PRODUCTS COMPAN. Because today is the 17th and I placed the order on the 6th, and because I completely forgot that S&W changed the name of their holding company, I said "no," so now I'm not getting my knives (no big deal) but I am getting a new credit card in the mail (and changing everything I have autobilled to that card is going to be a pain in the rear end.)

You can try contacting them, they might not have implemented anything official yet

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Crunkjuice posted:

I ordered 3 knives, only one showed up, and I have two charges for presumably 2 knives. packing slip only had one knife so I'll wait to see if one of the two pending charges disappears. fun

Just got a shipping notification from FedEx for another box. looks like the second cheapo is incoming and it wasn't a fraud charge.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Good god are the folders heavy as hell. This is a car knife, not an EDC. Makes me appreciate my 565-1 all the more.

EDIT: Yeah, not a fan of the "auto-open" switchblade-like function, either - it's kind of clumsy and I have no idea how and didn't feel it when it happened, but it superficially sliced the top of my left index finger between the knuckles.

The tactical pen seems alright, at least.

I like the heavy. But I didn't notice the auto-open thing, or how to engage it anyways. I feel there's some 'assist' going on once it's already almost all the way open, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I like the heavy. But I didn't notice the auto-open thing, or how to engage it anyways. I feel there's some 'assist' going on once it's already almost all the way open, but that's it.

Assuming we're both talking about the SWMP4L, when you disengage the "safety" on the body, the catch on the opposite side of the blade flicks the knife open automatically.

Gonna have to double-check if it's VA legal before it leaves my house. Also, be careful with the plastic square piece that I'm gathering is where you're supposed to press to stow it back against the force of the spring. I'm thinking that's what caught my finger on the first opening.