Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1273 »
Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.narescue.com/national-s...month-sale.html

North America Rescue has a 25%-off sale on some pretty serious first aid kits. I have the M-FAK and can strongly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

You'd think they'd give you at least more than a single pair of gloves.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

BeAuMaN posted:

I don't usually post a lot of Shutterfly stuff but... 48 Ct. Personalized Address Labels for Free + Free Shipping.
Add 2 sets of 24 ct. to cart and apply promo codes SAVETP and APPGRAD
https://www.tinyprints.com/address-labels
As a sidenote: Address labels measure 2.375" x 1.125"

Edit: You can also upgrade the shipping from Economy to Standard for free from the looks of it. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Source: https://slickdeals.net/f/14096390-s...ee-shipping?v=1

Hell yeah, man. I needed some of those.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Trillhouse posted:

https://www.narescue.com/national-s...month-sale.html

North America Rescue has a 25%-off sale on some pretty serious first aid kits. I have the M-FAK and can strongly recommend it.

Either I'm retarded or I am reading it wrong but the code SAFETY25 isn't working for me.

not black enough fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 2, 2020

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

not black enough posted:

Either I'm retarded or I am reading it wrong but the code SAFETY25 isn't working for me.

Sale starts at 8am. It probably wasnít activated yet, you go getter, you.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

not black enough posted:

FYI TFR retired ďretardĒ a while ago. Donít use it here.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Tyler Whitney posted:

You'd think they'd give you at least more than a single pair of gloves.

IFAKs aren't intended to be used by more than one person or to treat more than one person. Their purpose is to treat the person it is attached to, either by the casualty themselves or by a responder.

Sure an extra pair or two wouldn't be much bloat, but once you start down that road it can get real silly real quick.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

DkHelmet posted:

Sale starts at 8am. It probably wasnít activated yet, you go getter, you.

Just tried it again, and no go again unfortunately.

My bad cyrano

Edit: Figured it out, it doesn't work on the bleeding control version of the class A kits.

not black enough fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 2, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

not black enough posted:

Just tried it again, and no go again unfortunately.

My bad cyrano

No worries, itís not consistent across the forums so I try to nudge with warnings rather than jump off with mod tools.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.primaryarms.com/lancer-...c-blem-magazine

Blem Lancer AR-15 20-rounders for $11.99.

I got four of these in a similar deal awhile ago and couldn't find any blemishes. Maybe I'm just stupid but they all looked fine to me.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Trillhouse posted:

https://www.primaryarms.com/lancer-...c-blem-magazine

Blem Lancer AR-15 20-rounders for $11.99.

I got four of these in a similar deal awhile ago and couldn't find any blemishes. Maybe I'm just stupid but they all looked fine to me.

Was the packaging messed up? Might be marked as blems just because the box got messed up somehow.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

my kinda ape posted:

Was the packaging messed up? Might be marked as blems just because the box got messed up somehow.

I don't remember. Not noticeably at least.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Make your move...'cause mine's gonna be ugly.

The gundeals thread says they're mint, and that marking them as BLEM means they can sell them under MAP. I bought a few in the past and they were in perfect condition.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

For anyone who bought an olight, just a heads up. They've got a 2 week lead time due to covid, and they have poo poo communication. I purchased an order on may 8, got my payment receipt, and had 0 communication from them until it showed up on my doorstep on the 25th. No tracking, no shipped alert, nothing. That being said, it showed up as expected, so no harm no foul.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

New Streamlights on sale at Botach.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shaocaholica posted:

New Streamlights on sale at Botach.

How much are they normally?

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Midway has TLR-7As for $115, too. Snagged one for the G20.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

The Bananana posted:

How much are they normally?

I think a lot more but Iím not 100% sure. I personally would rather have a similar Olight but sometimes you gotta catch them all.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

gently caress buying new holsters. For everything. Again.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Thanks thread, just bought a viridian in FDE.

Lol

otter
Jul 23, 2007
word.

Captain Log posted:

gently caress buying new holsters. For everything. Again.

Didn't there used to be someone 'round these parts that made custom holsters?

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Our very own Butch Cassidy makes custom-ish holsters.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

otter posted:

Didn't there used to be someone 'round these parts that made custom holsters?

Miso got a bingo, it's Butch.

I've never had a ton of disposable income, so swapping out all my holsters would have to be for a drat good reason. I've actually got a good array of G43 + TLR6 holsters. I'm not changing that light unless I have a drat good reason. I also have a couple G19 + TLR-6 holsters, but that one is a railed light and this less of a bitch to take off.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Not to speak for him, but FWIW he shut down his company. He did make me one after that out of some material he had left over, don't know if he can do that anymore, especially since the last time I heard from him he was working at least a month with no days off. And since he's one of those weird people with a family, his time is probably limited.

The holster itself is pretty nice, my only complaint is that the belt clip is a bit loose but after screwing it down tighter it seems like it's better. I'm guessing it was originally spaced for someone wearing Carhartts/Duluth firehose pants rather than my normal jeans.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Butch made the AIWB shield holster I use. It's good.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Butch's posting has dropped off a ton. I guess it's good that it's because he's working his rear end off.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Shaocaholica posted:

I think a lot more but I’m not 100% sure. I personally would rather have a similar Olight but sometimes you gotta catch them all.

Why would you go olight over those?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Atticus_1354 posted:

Why would you go olight over those?

They seem to be a bit smaller for the same spec. Cheaper on sale for the same class. I didnít really like the last streamlight I had that came with a remote. The remote connection was looser than I would have liked.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 3, 2020

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

CZ P-10 C Suppressor Ready 9mm 17rd 4.61" Pistol

Price: $549.97 $479.98

Good deals on good handguns are hard to find recently, so this is a surprise.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They picture the p10f for some reason, but the p10s have one of the nicest pistol triggers I've ever shot.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Is there a recommended source for IDPA/IPSC cardboard targets? Any reasonable quantity (25-100), but a decently low price after shipping? Most placed I'm seeing are pretty much charging as much for shipping as for the targets, which I get, sheets of cardboard are heavy, but that's dang expensive. So sad Jensen Arms closed their storefront, I used to buy them there for $.75 each.

Alternatively, any good place to buy cardboard sheets, 18x36, or in some size that I can cut down to that easily? I don't want to spend all day with a t-square and box cutter, but I can find some decent 36x36 or 36x48 sheets I can cut in half or thirds, that would be nice.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

news! except not but at least I've been acknowledged!

quote:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.  We are very sorry to inform you that we are
unable to immediately fill your entire order and the merchandise listed below
has been placed on backorder.  Order recipient is FORT MILL SC RETAIL.

29-1744   GLOCK GEN 4 COMPACT PISTOLS G19G4 9MM 4"15 RBNEG
  Backorder

If you wish for the item(s) to remain on backorder, you do not need to contact
us.  Should you prefer not to wait, please contact our toll-free order desk at
1-800-237-4444 or e-mail us at <customer.service@cabelas.com> to cancel the
backorder.  For credit card orders, charges are not made until the item(s) are
shipped.

We will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cabela's Retail Inc. - Customer Relations

otter
Jul 23, 2007
word.

Miso Beno posted:

Our very own Butch Cassidy makes custom-ish holsters.

I couldn't remember who it was. Maybe it's that I've been working more and reading the forums less... Maybe it's the head injuries. I also forgot that my PPS M.2 doesn't have a rail on it. drat those hammers on tops of ladders, as well as idiots that crash into my car.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Edit: gently caress wrong thread

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

news! except not but at least I've been acknowledged!

Well, Lowe's is still considering my earpro order...

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Wa11y posted:

Alternatively, any good place to buy cardboard sheets, 18x36, or in some size that I can cut down to that easily? I don't want to spend all day with a t-square and box cutter, but I can find some decent 36x36 or 36x48 sheets I can cut in half or thirds, that would be nice.
Find a standalone appliance store and ask an employee if you can haul off any of their giant cardboard boxes for them. If there aren't any nearby, the big box home improvement places also generate literal tons of macro cardboard, find a manager (when they're not being swamped) and ask if they can let you have any before it gets sent to the baler.

If you're gonna go the kitbash cardboard target route, do Future You a huge favor and make the first one out of something semi-durable like fiberboard or particle board; that way all you have to do is lay the template on top of a larger cardboard sheet and cut around the edge with a box cutter or progressive knife. Use the T-square and compass one time to draw your bulls on the template and draw reference lines to the edges, then mark the edge itself; when you have the template and a cutout target, make marks on the target edge at the same places as on the template, and then all you have to do is line up a yardstick between them to mark where the bulls go to have a consistent target.

Also remember to fold up used targets and put them out for recycling, that cardboard is still useful even full of holes.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Proper Kerni ng posted:

Find a standalone appliance store and ask an employee if you can haul off any of their giant cardboard boxes for them. If there aren't any nearby, the big box home improvement places also generate literal tons of macro cardboard, find a manager (when they're not being swamped) and ask if they can let you have any before it gets sent to the baler.

If you're gonna go the kitbash cardboard target route, do Future You a huge favor and make the first one out of something semi-durable like fiberboard or particle board; that way all you have to do is lay the template on top of a larger cardboard sheet and cut around the edge with a box cutter or progressive knife. Use the T-square and compass one time to draw your bulls on the template and draw reference lines to the edges, then mark the edge itself; when you have the template and a cutout target, make marks on the target edge at the same places as on the template, and then all you have to do is line up a yardstick between them to mark where the bulls go to have a consistent target.

Also remember to fold up used targets and put them out for recycling, that cardboard is still useful even full of holes.

Yeah, I TOTALLY don't want to put THAT much effort into it. Putting a T-square on a 36x36 sheet of cardboard to cut it in half (or cutting a 36x72 three times, whatever)? Cool, I'm into that. Getting a bunch of cardboard of various sizes and cutting it all down into whatever size? No way, too much effort for something I'm just going to shoot up. I know it's more effort that I want to make, because I've done it that way before. I'm just looking for something simple.

Edit: On a related note, gently caress online stores that won't do a shipping estimate without going through the checkout process.

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 4, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Roundboy posted:

Well, Lowe's is still considering my earpro order...

Speaking of which they just charged my card this morning

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

They charged and credited my card on the day of the deal I believe . Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Lowe's website says they no longer sell the item online. I wonder if they're playing an inventory game so they can cancel all these sales with "out of stock, no backorder, sorry!"

«1273 »