Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Coredump
Dec 1, 2002
All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

Hughmoris posted:

What do you people use to protect your carpet from your rolling computer chairs?

I'm moving in to a rental next week, it has newer carpet and I want to try and protect it as much as I can over the next year.

I got a bamboo chair mat, something similar to this. Mine can roll up like a carpet.
https://www.amazon.com/Anji-Mountai...ps%2C168&sr=8-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Hughmoris posted:

What do you people use to protect your carpet from your rolling computer chairs?

I'm moving in to a rental next week, it has newer carpet and I want to try and protect it as much as I can over the next year.

I have trash disposable carpet under my chair so I'm just letting whatever happens, happen

Obviously, I am not the intended recipient of your question

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

You can get these hard plastic sheet things from Ikea/The internet.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I like the ones from Costco. My first one lasted 5 years before finally cracking.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

CyberPingu posted:

You can get these hard plastic sheet things from Ikea/The internet.

But enough about your sleep situation.

Ok Comboomer
Oct 20, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

I like the ones from Costco. My first one lasted 5 years before finally cracking.

get yourself a hotdog and a sundae OP

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

If you’ve got the correct wheel type on your chair it shouldn’t be an issue - many chairs will have an option for carpet wheels or hardwood wheels when you buy them.

I’ve been using a chair with wheels at my desk for about 25 years now and the carpet (which was installed at some point in the late 60s) is perfectly fine.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

You can get those roller blade wheel style casters apparently. That's what I'm going to do when I move.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

On a similar subject to the current conversations about chair pads/wheels/etc, do you guys have any recommendations for regular casters/feet to replace wheels on a chair? Are they like standard sizes or something? I never move my computer chair so the wheels are actually a drawback to me and I wouldn't mind lowering the chair an inch or two by removing the wheels.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

100% Dundee posted:

On a similar subject to the current conversations about chair pads/wheels/etc, do you guys have any recommendations for regular casters/feet to replace wheels on a chair? Are they like standard sizes or something? I never move my computer chair so the wheels are actually a drawback to me and I wouldn't mind lowering the chair an inch or two by removing the wheels.

I don't know what chair you have, but the wheels are on small posts that just fit up into the ends of the "star".

Depending on how your "star" is formed, it's theoretically possible that it would sit perfectly fine on the floor if you just pulled the wheels out. If not, then I think you'd just need to find pads that have a post with the same length/diameter as the posts on the wheels you pull out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

Been sitting in my folding chair for about a week now. I think you have to *learn* how to get comfortable in it. If I can't sit crossed legged or my feet off the ground somehow, then it just feels like a horrible office work place where comfort is off limits. The chair, it's too small. I'm doing that yoga half lotus thing now, and it's managably comfortable.

«257 »