Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Managed to pick up a fully loaded Aeron for $400 from Executive Liquidation in New Jersey (near NYC). Read an article about them on the WSJ and figured I'd send an email. They called back the next day and said they have Herman Miller Aerons/mirra 2s and Steelcase chairs (Leaps/Thinks) in stock. The Aerons are $400, Mirra 2s are $275 and the Steelcase Leaps were $250 (if I remember correctly, they may be cheaper).

If you're in the market I def recommend them. You'll need to pick it up and they take cash only, but give a 2 year mechanical warranty as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!

spunkshui posted:

Sup mousepad buddy.

Lol and I feel luxurious teaching off twin 27 inches with a suface pro running the power point.

Im picturing your setup using my own displays and its making me dizzy.

You must sit kinda far back right?

yeah, depending, the top 2 are personal so those are usually on when I'm lounging in the chair but they're low enough so if I am sitting upright, the top/bottom seam is eye level so it's not bad.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!

Pillbug

I'm finally building my dream desk. 72"x36" birch countertop from Menards, on legs from Uplift Desk. Stuff to color and prepare the countertop comes in this week, so looking to my next phase of construction: monitor arms.

Anyone have a monitor arm they are impressed with? Most work resources are pointing me to Ergotron, but they spendy. The Amazon Basics arms apparently are made by Ergotron, and cheaper somehow. But I still have 4 monitors (all side by side) I would like to eventually get mounted. Looking at just single arms, so I can keep the desk closer to the back wall. Sounds like Dual arms have issues with getting flush against the back wall. Office space is half a spare bedroom with a bed already in it. So every inch is gold. Why I went with a 36" wide desk, reaching for the stars I guess... But I do want to be able to shift the screens around as I change from standing to sitting and moving office stuff around.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Syves posted:

I'm finally building my dream desk. 72"x36" birch countertop from Menards, on legs from Uplift Desk. Stuff to color and prepare the countertop comes in this week, so looking to my next phase of construction: monitor arms.

Anyone have a monitor arm they are impressed with? Most work resources are pointing me to Ergotron, but they spendy. The Amazon Basics arms apparently are made by Ergotron, and cheaper somehow. But I still have 4 monitors (all side by side) I would like to eventually get mounted. Looking at just single arms, so I can keep the desk closer to the back wall. Sounds like Dual arms have issues with getting flush against the back wall. Office space is half a spare bedroom with a bed already in it. So every inch is gold. Why I went with a 36" wide desk, reaching for the stars I guess... But I do want to be able to shift the screens around as I change from standing to sitting and moving office stuff around.

I'm using 6x Amazon Basics arms throughout the house (my computer, SO's computer, WFH setup) and they've been nothing but great. I opted for all single arms because it gives me the most flexibility in positioning, where I want to use them, and I don't run into issues with my ultrawide screen leaving no room for the other monitor, etc.

In fact, I just moved my side monitor arm to clamp on the side of the desk, rather than the back; it opened up the back corner of the desk for other stuff.

So, yeah, +1 for Amazon Basics single-monitor arms. I think I paid about $99 each for them 3-4 years ago, if memory serves.