Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!

inkblottime posted:

What kind of press is that in the second photo?

And why do you have laundry detergent as part of your decor? :xd:

Love the high view by the way. Looks like the perfect place to work or game. :)

That would be a Gecko heat press. And the detergent is because the washer and dryer are in a door the right that is not seen in the picture and there is no room or shelves in there, which is stupid haha

High view is awesome, loft is perfect size and has a 1/2 bath in it. Whole place is much better than where we were before the Hurricane as well as after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Married, kids, still living like poo poo. No regrets.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

mischief posted:

living like poo poo
Miller High Life? No kidding. And is that a Firewire connector on that iPod charger? How old is that thing?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Misogynist posted:

Miller High Life? No kidding. And is that a Firewire connector on that iPod charger? How old is that thing?

No comment on the Western Digital Green???

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

mischief posted:

Married, kids, still living like poo poo. No regrets.

Where some people keep a bottle of lotion and a box of tissues, you've got a can of Break Free CLP.

Are you a robot?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Factory Factory posted:

Where some people keep a bottle of lotion and a box of tissues, you've got a can of Break Free CLP.

Are you a robot?

Judging by his wallpaper, it's probably to clean guns.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Exactly. :wiggle:

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Finally getting my set up to how I want it. Only need a few more things and I'm set!

geera
May 20, 2003
I've got a 27" iMac on the way and want to buy a new desk to replace my $20 Staples special. The Galant looks to be the way to go, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the full-sized 63" or the shorter 47". There is room for either size in my office, and my current desk is 43" wide, so either way I'll get more space. I'm wondering if any of you have 27" monitors on the smaller 47" Galant and wish you'd gone with the bigger size, or if the 47" still feels roomy enough with the monitor?

Also, any thoughts on A vs. T legs? I normally wouldn't care, but I have a 6 month old and want to get whatever will be the sturdiest for when she starts toddling around and pulling on things.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Harder to crash into an A leg, easier to trip when walking around the corner of the desk. T legs can still be hazardous on a corner, but not as much.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

geera posted:

I've got a 27" iMac on the way and want to buy a new desk to replace my $20 Staples special. The Galant looks to be the way to go, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the full-sized 63" or the shorter 47". There is room for either size in my office, and my current desk is 43" wide, so either way I'll get more space. I'm wondering if any of you have 27" monitors on the smaller 47" Galant and wish you'd gone with the bigger size, or if the 47" still feels roomy enough with the monitor?

Also, any thoughts on A vs. T legs? I normally wouldn't care, but I have a 6 month old and want to get whatever will be the sturdiest for when she starts toddling around and pulling on things.

I have a 27" iMac and the 63" Galant. You could probably fit it onto a smaller desk but I definitely appreciate the extra room. Losing the extra inches would make it pretty tight IMHO, especially if you have the iMac on a stand and not an arm.

A legs are awesome.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

geera posted:

I went with the T legs. In my personal opinion I just felt they looked better really. Im sure both are equally good.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

geera posted:

Get the biggest desk you can fit/afford. You don't know how valuable the space is until you're using it (I have 8' to play with and it's still not enough).

And both leg types are very sturdy. I climb on my A-leg Galant daily to open the window and it hasn't complained yet.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

What height do you guys keep your larger (27+) monitors at? Eye level with top bezel? From the pictures it looks like most here are sitting them a bit lower.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Eye level with top bezel is too low for a monitor.

I believe correct ergonomics dictate that eye level be about 2/3 of the way up the screen. I also keep my screen a little over an arm's length away.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Eye level with top bezel is too low for a monitor.

I believe correct ergonomics dictate that eye level be about 2/3 of the way up the screen. I also keep my screen a little over an arm's length away.
I like eye level to be 1/2 to 2/3 up. I've heard the eyes-at-top advice, but it's uncomfortable for me.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

Dominoes posted:

I like eye level to be 1/2 to 2/3 up. I've heard the eyes-at-top advice, but it's uncomfortable for me.

The ergonomist at our office says eyes aligned w/ top of bezel, but I've personally found 1/3 down from that is the sweet spot for me

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Pages with ergonomic advice like eyes level with top bezel also show people using CRT monitors so I figured it was out of date with modern big rear end monitors. Anyone have links with ergonomic advice more current than the standard OSHA stuff?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

I'm looking for a nice glass desk that matches the aesthetic of the room. Something clean, not that "cool 2002 dad office" Z-line poo poo. Anyone know?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What desk are you using now? I love it. I wouldn't change a thing about it, but that's just me :)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
It's an IKEA something. I just feel like its a little large. I'm trying to remove and reduce as much as I can in my place.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fair enough. It could probably be half its size and still do a great job. I'm going to have to check out Ikea because that is like the perfect desk for me.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Martytoof posted:

Fair enough. It could probably be half its size and still do a great job. I'm going to have to check out Ikea because that is like the perfect desk for me.

I think its the LACK which can be used as a server rack

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
It isn't. I don't remember what it is but I thought it was around $100-$150 or so. It has built-in cable management in the back as well.

edit: LACK end tables can be used as server racks. Search LACKRACK for what people have done with them.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 17, 2013

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Careful now, though; it's my understanding that recent LACK changes have made new ones less structurally apt to serve as rack replacements.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
That IKEA desk is the Micke: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60180036/

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
That MX518 looks so out of place.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

mediaphage posted:

Careful now, though; it's my understanding that recent LACK changes have made new ones less structurally apt to serve as rack replacements.

drat, I was planning on getting one and use it in a professional environment just for the sake of it.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

PRADA SLUT posted:

I'm looking for a nice glass desk that matches the aesthetic of the room. Something clean, not that "cool 2002 dad office" Z-line poo poo. Anyone know?

This is what I'm currently using:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80221352/

It's compact, cheap, and simple.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

goobernoodles posted:

That MX518 looks so out of place.

I actually just asked in the other thread about wireless replacements. I have the trackpad but I play Diablo and Starcraft which I need a mouse for.

I also want to switch my chair out for a slimmer one, like a bungee chair. Has anyone used these?

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 17, 2013

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Performance MX. It's expensive, but it's a stellar mouse. Not a lot of programmable buttons (but I don't use those anyway) and a little large, but really well-designed and easy to use.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

InstantInfidel posted:

Performance MX. It's expensive, but it's a stellar mouse. Not a lot of programmable buttons (but I don't use those anyway) and a little large, but really well-designed and easy to use.

They're going to have to pry my 518 from my cold, dead fingers.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Hey man, he said wireless.

(but I use my MX518 at home :v: )

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003

PRADA SLUT posted:

Don't get a glass desk. Glass is a bitch to keep clean. Love the aesthetic of the room. It's nice and minimal.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
How sturdy does that desk feel, Prada Slut? I love my Fredrik, but I prefer the aesthetics of the one you've got.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Feels fine to me. Behind the drawers there's a gutter for cables, which gives two extra pieces of board running along the back to stabilize it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PRADA SLUT posted:

Martytoof posted:

What desk are you using now? I love it. I wouldn't change a thing about it, but that's just me :)

PRADA SLUT posted:

It's an IKEA something. I just feel like its a little large. I'm trying to remove and reduce as much as I can in my place.

Martytoof posted:

Not sure if this is of interest or not, but IKEA makes the Micke in multiple sizes and configurations. They have one that's basically the same desk PRADA SLUT has now, only half the length (or is it width?).
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/17499/

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh I didn't realize that one end of it is solid wood. Too bad you can't get it with all four metallic legs :(

It's still really nice though, thanks for the links guys! It may yet be my next computer desk :3:

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
I was thinking perhaps grabbing another metallic leg piece, turning it around to line up the holes and screwing it in, but judging by the build manual it's not that simple. Plus, I forgot about the drawers not lining up. :v:

I think that'll be my next desk, as well. I like the thought of having built in wire management and drawers. God I miss having a desk with drawers. gently caress it, it's going on my wish list. It's a nice, minimalist desk and I want it.

Butt Savage fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kersonan
Feb 11, 2007
Obutto R3volution cockpits, the one with the lower screen level is the wifes, taller ones mine, the stuff on the top of the monitor is a speaker and a trackIR5 camera. TrackIR is connected to the Sony HMZT1 headset (you can see it under some cables on one of the side tables).