Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Juriko posted:

nope. It doesn't work because of the types of games we play and costs. The kind of MMO market that runs in korea doesn't exist here, and to actually be able to pay employees are costs are far higher. The place I helped runs going rate was 4 times what they would charge at a typical PC bang per hour, and it still wasn't enough. Unless you can sustain near high capacity, have a secondary income source, or somehow are in an area with very low costs for the location there isn't enough money in it.

Companies here also try to enforce licensing schemes that are prohibitively expensive and reoccurring.

Develop secret 1 person rooms for pr0n. And just plastic wrap everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Just finished rearranging my setup. I went from this 2 weeks ago.

To this.

I'm a bit less cramped and these speakers are so much better than the Logitech Z680s they replaced. Just got a wireless keyboard and mouse yesterday so the cables aren't pissing me off anymore either.

zero87t
Mar 8, 2004
I win the most uncomfortable chair / desk combo award. The horrible chair prevents me from spending to much time glued to the computer.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

edit : jesus I need to dust

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

zero87t posted:

I win the most uncomfortable chair / desk combo award. The horrible chair prevents me from spending to much time glued to the computer.

edit : jesus I need to dust

Christ, you can afford to get a nice rear end TV and a dual screen LCD setup yet you can't get a nice chair? :confused:
I wish we can trade though.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

pete0r posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess they're doing some configuration on them before deploying to users..

edit: Very jealous of you people and your neat Cisco phones. At least we've upgraded to Nortel VOIP from some old old PBX stuff.

Yep. We were in the process of switching a school system from PBXs to Cisco IPT. They have over 100 schools/sites. We configured and deployed THOUSANDS of phones. Full implementation took less than a year.

Plus it was done on top of all of our regular maintenance contracts.

And now we're gradually upgrading them to a phone in every classroom. Fortunately this has a much longer timeline and and isn't nearly fully funded yet, so schools are getting done as funding allows. We've got around 800 phones sitting in a warehouse that have already been funded and we're waiting on the go-ahead to deploy.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Prelude Gundam posted:

Yeah.. I'll probably label things later.

Is that scrambled eggs on your chair?

Click for Descriptions

I have a fairly plain set up compared to most of you guys. And yes I am a massive toy nerd.. who lives like poo poo.

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 1, 2009

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

This is my setup right now and I'm pretty happy with it. The desk usually has a whole lot more crap on it.

Edit: Haha wow I completely forgot I had that old-rear end wireless Intellimouse hidden away in the back there. What the gently caress.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Cleaner than it used to be. Still need a bigger desk though.

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

theres a dog trapped inside your guitar

Yo desk buddy

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

Mr.Wiggles posted:

Cleaner than it used to be. Still need a bigger desk though.

is that a pc-7b with noctua fans? exactly what i have.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Nine Inch Nailgunner posted:

is that a pc-7b with noctua fans? exactly what i have.

That's a drat good set of eyes you have there.

3 Noctuas to be exact, and the CPU HSF to match.

Tell me, does your case rattle and vibrate from time to time?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Mr.Wiggles posted:

I also have a PC-7B, because it's one of the greatest cases of all time. It DOES start vibrating every once in a while, and it'll stop if I press the top of the case with my hand, to stop it. Nothing crazy annoying, though.

CHEESE-kun
May 20, 2004

by Peatpot

Mr.Wiggles posted:

Yes, seems like I'm not the only one with this problem! It really likes to start buzzing out of nowhere. I mounted my hard drive cage on a foam pad and put tape on the parts of the case the side panels slide past, but they still buzz every now and then. Since I moved a while ago it hasn't really happened anymore, don't know if it's the carpet or just random luck. Like the guy above said, prodding it mostly took care of it too.

But I love the way it looks and how simple it is both internally and externally, I just wish it was a little more solid and had better HD mounts. Being as it's under my desk anyway I think I'd rather use a case with metal, as opposed to aluminum, panels next time.

By the way I also removed the grating from the rear fan, really improves airflow though it means having to be careful with fingers.

nf
Mar 5, 2005

nf fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 25, 2009

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I did a major re-org of my stuff over Christmas. The cabling in the back still needs work, but it's all off the floor and tucked away in one of those Ikea Signum units, they rock! I really should get a wireless mouse, but it's not a major need at the moment.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Nine Inch Nailgunner posted:

Li-Li Talk.

I know exactly what you mean. I discovered the hand on the top thing too, but that was only a quik fix. I've ended up taking one on the side panels off, and that's seemed to have worked along with its new location.

I've also taken the fan grilles off both fans.. Now that it's not on the floor, intake and dust wont be such a huge problem any more.

LegionX
Jan 11, 2009
My desk at work.

I like it. (Except the wireless mouse - too heavy and i forget to put it in the charger).

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!
Not pictured, the bowl of ice cream I moved to make me look less goony.

(my hosting)

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Own hosting, too, shot's a bit older.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Yoozer posted:

poo poo man, are you Kali?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
No, all devices have MIDI so I just fire up Ableton Live and let it play :).

outofnowhere05
Oct 14, 2004

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
My college apartment setup..things stay this organized for about a day. My cables are an absolute mess. I have a G11 keyboard that I love to use but it is way too big and impractical for this desk.

LegionX
Jan 11, 2009

outofnowhere05 posted:

My college apartment setup.. *snip*

I like your Silent Hill'esque carpeting :)

205b
Mar 25, 2007

LegionX posted:

My desk at work.

I like it. (Except the wireless mouse - too heavy and i forget to put it in the charger).

High five keyboard buddy :hfive:

The downside is I think my spacebar is dying.

outofnowhere05
Oct 14, 2004

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

LegionX posted:

I like your Silent Hill'esque carpeting :)

Sadly, our place has some of the most decent looking carpet.

Cmdr Will Riker
Mar 27, 2003

Yoozer posted:

Not to derail, but I have been looking for a better place to keep my keyboards and I am interested in that setup you have there. Problem is I have two gigantic, heavy bastards (MOTIF 8 and a Rhodes 73) and a small, heavy bastard (Minimoog Voyager). How much weight does that hold, and will it do 88-key (for the MOTIF) and tall/deep as hell (for the Rhodes) keyboards?

Cmdr Will Riker fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 10, 2009

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

vomit-orchestra posted:

I like living in my organized mess.

Click here for the full 1672x1255 image.

So uh...Why exactly do you have a Dewgong card taped up?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Unexpected EOF posted:

Not pictured, the bowl of ice cream I moved to make me look less goony.

(my hosting)

:goonsay:

I'm sorry

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Action Jackson! posted:

My desk at work:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Are you using Zune desktop theme?

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

I just made a new layer for my desk (the bit all the monitors are on) so it seems like a good time to post a pic..

LegionX
Jan 11, 2009

liquidXenon posted:

High five keyboard buddy :hfive:

The downside is I think my spacebar is dying.

My number-pad sometimes falls asleep.. which often results in, that instead of pressing "1" (all our employee numbers starts with one) it sends "enter" (executing a search for wildcard) and i end up waiting for it to list all the employees instead...

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Secret Sweater posted:

Are you using Zune desktop theme?

Yes sir.

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?

LegionX posted:

My desk at work.

You poor poor SAP buddy :(

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
I didn't even make an attempt to de-goon this desk. This is how I live, except usually there are 5 times more icons on the desktop.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Just rewired my desk so it's no longer giving me a headache to look at it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What keyboard is that?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Some OCZ thing I got off Newegg.

This is it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823227002

Be aware, the key layout is a little funky. It has a tiny left-shift button which is annoying.

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

gently caress you and your four monitors haha

edit: contribution

LordKain fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 11, 2009

Cmdr Will Riker
Mar 27, 2003

LordKain posted:

gently caress you and your four monitors haha

edit: contribution

Do you work at Logitech or something? Because if not, you love them as much as I do evidently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

Hah nope, just make great products. I love that mouse/board combo and the speakers are good for what I can use (wife+kids=lowish volume)