Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

The set up at my old house. drat I miss that desk.

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Phillyt posted:

The picture is very small.

Aw crap. Why must you taunt me Waffleimages?!

I will repost this at a future juncture.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
The old hotness:

The new hotness:

Too bad it's all going to get moved in less than a week :/

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

OneOverZero posted:

(1) Is that a huge-rear end (i.e., larger-than-24x36") Kid A poster, and
(2) if so, where did you find it?

Perhaps the perspective is just throwing me off.

That it is, sir. A roommate of mine who recently moved out left it actually, but I've had success finding the exact same super huge poster on ebay. They should go for around $20. Good eye though!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Where poo poo gets done.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

The full reveal

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Pricklypine posted:

In a shared studio space (i.e. freezing, unfinished garage)

Hey I just read a thing about shared creative spaces on Wired. How do you like that arrangement? Are you good friend with the people you pay rent to?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Mu Zeta posted:

She's probably 13 years old

Knowing goons I don't think it's safe to assume the poster's age OR gender.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
This is where it all happens. Someone please buy me a mixer!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Woah what is that black MIDI controller on the desk?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Ok furniture nerds, I need some help.

I just moved my equipment onto a new workspace and I'm looking for some kind of single shelf/desk riser that I can put on top of my desk and will give me another plane of desk space on top while giving me a little storage alcove below. I've got a big MIDI keyboard that I'd like to store on my desk top but can only make it fit if there's something I can stack my monitors on to.

Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably the desk riser would run the length of my desk and would elevate thing maybe 6 or 7 inches. Is there a particular name for this kind of desk accessory? Been looking everywhere and can't find what I need. Thanks!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Getting the new desk space organized now that my TV stand (aka desk shelf) came in the mail. Initially I was searching for a "desk riser" on Amazon, just something I could put my laptop and monitor on top of so I'd have more desk space, but after much searching it seemed like a TV stand was what I really needed.

I've got my MIDI keyboard living under there that I can pull out when I record music. Maybe my next improvement will be adding a keyboard tray under the desktop so I can keep the MIDI keyboard out all the time. This desk originally had a keyboard drawer but I ended up removing it because it would squash my knees (I am tall).

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Abel Wingnut posted:

Brooklyn Brewery rules. :cheers:

You are correct sir!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
Is that a 4x3 camera sitting on the shelf to the right of Carl? Those Lacie arrays look pretty nice down there as well. Too bad they're so expensive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
drat what's your energy bill like thelightguy?